Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like Glenn McGrath when he was given out
Everyone else would be heading up the race and he'd still be standing there on the pitch, teapot pose!

I just heard Ox on SEN say "Bassett's a Demon..I played a bit with him"
Thought I'd misheard but nup (I had no idea) he was overlooked by Port in 97 and drafted to The Dees (but never played an AFL game)
Every days a school day hey!

Was really good junior and a surprise he didn't go earlier. From memory he was struggling with his diabetes at the time. Then we traded Brent Williams and Mathew Collins for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing is how does he think sharing his opinion actually means anything when he’s just parroting the clubs position? Doesn’t he realise that he can’t actually legitimately argue his point?

I don't get it. I've posted before that there's lots of decisions that the club makes that the TOOLS & TROLLS, negative Nancies, bedwetters etc etc agree with, it's just that they're not discussion points because they're self evident, the kinds of decisions nobody could get wrong and we all agree with. The forum fills with discussion around the decisions that are, at least to some extent, arguable. Surely among these arguable decisions, you'd fall on the opposite side of the direction the club went every now and again. We did see it with old K over the Rankine trade in the main board thread and the end result was he cancelled the account to avoid having gone on record as calling the LM team incompetent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back