Opinion Non-Crows AFL 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't hear the 10 Giants fans that made the journey all the way to the SCG, footys alive and well in the harbour city

gather round would be a smash there
sarcastic sarcasm GIF

There are too many teams for our population to have a decent elite national competition.
I support Tasmanians getting an AFL club in principle, but 19 clubs is far too many. 18 clubs is already too many - too much competition for players, coaches and premierships. Get rid of welfare clubs like Port, Gold Coast, Western Sydney and North.

Whichever one is closer to the team's goal.
I'm not even sure that happens.

They're often in the same spot or even to the same player. Sometimes anyway. Seems harsh that a player takes a great pack grab (Ugle-Hagen just then) but it's taken off him because the team got a free in the same pack.

Or a player takes a great contested grab but the umpire says you were held so you don't get credited with the mark.

I'm not even sure that happens.

They're often in the same spot or even to the same player. Sometimes anyway. Seems harsh that a player takes a great pack grab (Ugle-Hagen just then) but it's taken off him because the team got a free in the same pack.

Or a player takes a great contested grab but the umpire says you were held so you don't get credited with the mark.

It's because another team mate can play on from a free kick, but not from a mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I support Tasmanians getting an AFL club in principle, but 19 clubs is far too many. 18 clubs is already too many - too much competition for players, coaches and premierships. Get rid of welfare clubs like Port, Gold Coast, Western Sydney and North.

No way a stadium will cost $750m, on cost of recent stadium builds, or upgrades it will be a min of $1.5B

Where is this extra funding coming from

Then their is the level of membership and corporate sponsor to run a footy club and operations every year, again does Tasmania have the level of local support to make the club financial

I get the footy romance to have a team in Tasmania but I fear it will be another club the AFL will need to continue to fund

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Swans copying us post-2017.
How many times have we seen a big grand final loser tumble down the ladder.

Not helped by their key defender injuries (best 4 out), but overall haven't been playing like last year.

Don't they will finish top 4 & good chance they miss all together.

No way a stadium will cost $750m, on cost of recent stadium builds, or upgrades it will be a min of $1.5B

Where is this extra funding coming from

Then their is the level of membership and corporate sponsor to run a footy club and operations every year, again does Tasmania have the level of local support to make the club financial

I get the footy romance to have a team in Tasmania but I fear it will be another club the AFL will need to continue to fund

Remember it's only a 23K stadium, so stands don't need need to go as high as most large stadiums.

Also depends how many seats Undercover.

25K Townsville stadium built in 2020 cost 295M.

30K Christchurch stadium about to be completed cost $683M

45.5K Sydney Football Stadium built in 2022 cost $858M

Last edited:
Remember it's only a 23K stadium.

Also depends how many seats Undercover.

25K Townsville stadium built in 2020 cost 295M.

30K Christchurch stadium about to be completed cost $683M

45.5K Sydney Football Stadium built in 2022 cost $858M

I’ve taken that into consideration, when you look at recent stadium builds or redevelopments in Australia from the budgeted cost to the actual cost delivered, no project has been delivered within budget.

Most of the actual costs have Ben between 50- 70% over budge

I’m happy to go on record and say there is no way they build a new stadium for $750m, it will be close to double that cost

I’ve taken that into consideration, when you look at recent stadium builds or redevelopments in Australia from the budgeted cost to the actual cost delivered, no project has been delivered within budget.

Most of the actual costs have Ben between 50- 70% over budge

I’m happy to go on record and say there is no way they build a new stadium for $750m, it will be close to double that cost

Incorrect - Adelaide Oval was delivered under budget by $8M.

The recent cost I quoted are actuals not budgeted, except Christchurch.

The higher the stands, the higher the cost.

23K stadium doesn't require the extra tier like the big stadiums... so lowers the cost per seat.

18 teams is too many
16 teams, proper home & away, with reserves is the best outcome.

Better quality games.

Fair competition.

But means less Victorian teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back