MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not either disappointed or impressed tbh. She's okay, but just that

However it's never not amusing that Katy Perry actually can't hit the notes in 'roar' and never could

I'm not either disappointed or impressed tbh. She's okay, but just that

However it's never not amusing that Katy Perry actually can't hit the notes in 'roar' and never could
The one thing i did think was a well done was the MCG light towers doing the letters of her name. I didn't think them older towers would do anything like that

I know for our game we had a long two week wait, but then to wait for twilight perth time was killing me. There's only so much you can say about "it's a big game"
Oh yeah and the don't forget the shitty smoke that hung around for a few minutes early in the third term after the half time show. Looks real good on TV you media folks asking for night grand finals

Old-fashioned but I really couldn't care less about pre-game entertainment, in fact I'd almost prefer if it didn't exist at all. Very annoying when media people argue for moving the start time on the basis that "the entertainment would be better".
Does anyone remember the half time or pre-game performances from 20-21. I do not even remember half of anything from 21

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone remember the half time or pre-game performances from 20-21. I do not even remember half of anything from 21
Neither, 21 was like a medley of Aussie bands but I don't remember any specifics.

Unless it's a Meatloaf level disaster it's barely remembered. The Killers were good, but probably remembered more for Riedwoldt singing with them afterwards than any pre-game stuff.

You're telling me you don't remember checks Wikipedia Abbe May performed "Thunderstruck", Baker Boy performed a cover of "Can't Get You Out of My Head" and "Meditjin", John Butler performed "Ocean" before being joined by Stella Donnelly, Vicki Thorn, Donna Simpson, Gina Williams and Guy Ghouse for a cover of Icehouse's "Great Southern Land". Eskimo Joe performed "Black Fingernails, Red Wine" and then a cover of "Kick" by INXS. Colin Hay performed a version of "Down Under" via video from the USA.[17]?
Old-fashioned but I really couldn't care less about pre-game entertainment, in fact I'd almost prefer if it didn't exist at all. Very annoying when media people argue for moving the start time on the basis that "the entertainment would be better".
It's been happening since 1977, and they've been getting big name acts for it since 1998.

How old-fashioned are we talking?

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back