MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024-This year stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the press conference by Kingsley too, basically said the issue was we went into our shells and didn't attack enough in the last quarter two weeks in a row. None of this contest defense bullshit. He gets it.

Our all-time greatest loss.
I went to that game. Everyone got their monies worth that night. Best game I've ever been to id say.

Last edited:

Love the press conference by Kingsley too, basically said the issue was we went into our shells and didn't attack enough in the last quarter two weeks in a row. None of this contest defense bullshit. He gets it.
Yeah, basically the Swans and Lions took putting the cue in the rack by the Giants as a sign of disrespect and arrogance.

Dumb take. That's because we play boring safe footy. **** that, if we lost like this I'd be happy coz at least it was entertaining.
Not really..I don't recall chokes like this 2 weeks in a row in finals since I've been watching footy. I'd much rather be playing in a prelim than be dealing with that s* as a supporter. I guess they can all get together on Mad Monday tomorrow and pat each other on the back about playing an entertaining game though lol. With the incredible lists they've had and the amazing entertainment they provide, we've still won more flags than them in the last decade. I'll take the flag over that I guess, even if it is a dumb take.

Nah, Dees played exciting footy for most of our premiership year. And we may have lost straight sets, but not in the spectacular fashion Giants did. Massive massive choke.

GWS with probably the best overall list over the past 6 years just can't get it done. Maybe their 20 supporters need to cheer louder? 18k to a final. Why isn't this being talked about more? No one is giving a s* about this franchise up there.
I'm not talking about about melbourne three years ago I'm talking about the current melbourne. Our game worked in 21, we didn’t adjust in 22. 2023 we fell into the 4 because the teams below weren't good enough. This year we seemed to tinker too much eventually settling on our boring ways. We have 65,000 members and had less than a third of that turn up to games because we are so unwatchable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Yes, I just realised multiple people have already said that :embarrassedv1:

Sandra me
Turns out the entire crowd was from the anonymous online text-based football discussion forum bigfooty.com!

Some wild scenes in a VAFA U19s grand final. Old Camberwell vs Uni Blues. Old Camberwell up by 4 points, ump pays a trip 60 metres out on the siren but the players on the bench don't see it so they all run on to celebrate. Ump pays 50 and the Blues kick the winner.

Video here:
That's crazy, I guess that's the rule but you would think a bit of common sense could have been applied. Perhaps a warning of some sort, tell everyone to get off the field or a 50m penalty will be paid.

That's crazy, I guess that's the rule but you would think a bit of common sense could have been applied. Perhaps a warning of some sort, tell everyone to get off the field or a 50m penalty will be paid.
Yeah umps generally give the benefit of the doubt in cases like these where there's a bit of confusion. Making that call to decide a GF like that is ballsy as and it's not like it impacted the play since he had to take a set shot either way.

There was a shot after the Siren for Sydney in the QF where the ump considered but didn't pay a 50 because there was no real disadvantage to the player taking the kick. Hadn't seen that before and thought it was interesting.

Yeah, basically the Swans and Lions took putting the cue in the rack by the Giants as a sign of disrespect and arrogance.
Personally I think they were just knackered.

That “putting the cue back in the rack” is made up IMO. Players go out there to win. They don’t just stop trying. If they are ahead and the other team gets back it’s either down to fitness, unsustainable game plan for 4 quarters or sometimes because they got the jump early but once the other team works out how to counter the flow they can pull back the margin. And in current rules, you can swing the flow of the game quite quickly.

Personally I think they were just knackered.

That “putting the cue back in the rack” is made up IMO. Players go out there to win. They don’t just stop trying. If they are ahead and the other team gets back it’s either down to fitness, unsustainable game plan for 4 quarters or sometimes because they got the jump early but once the other team works out how to counter the flow they can pull back the margin. And in current rules, you can swing the flow of the game quite quickly.
Giants were running over teams all year when giving up big starts. I think it was more mindset. Stopped attacking like Kingsley said and tried to protect their lead and gave the opposition momentum.

Giants were running over teams all year when giving up big starts. I think it was more mindset. Stopped attacking like Kingsley said and tried to protect their lead and gave the opposition momentum.
Yeah once you get a bit wobbly it can fall apart pretty quickly. Brisbane being down by so much would've given them some freedom too, you know you've got to go all out attack so you play right at the edge.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024-This year stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back