MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this the most footy classified segment ever?

The entire thing was based on the opinions put out there by other people from their own show and network. No one from the AFL or clubs have put this out there. They're willing it into existence to then get mad at it.

Is this the most footy classified segment ever?

The entire thing was based on the opinions put out there by other people from their own show and network. No one from the AFL or clubs have put this out there. They're willing it into existence to then get mad at it.
I've seen it on fox as well they just used nine vision. It's been in the media a little bit the last few years

I've seen it on fox as well they just used nine vision. It's been in the media a little bit the last few years
Again I don't think I've seen a single person from the AFL or an actual club put this on the agenda. Don't think I've seen anyone say they actually want to see a restriction on knees up when going into a contest. It's all just hand-wringing.

Again I don't think I've seen a single person from the AFL or an actual club put this on the agenda. Don't think I've seen anyone say they actually want to see a restriction on knees up when going into a contest. It's all just hand-wringing.
When did clubs or admins say they wanted all bumps and tackles taken out of the game? Most of the fear mongering starts in the media and then the AFL reacts to it

When did clubs or admins say they wanted all bumps and tackles taken out of the game? Most of the fear mongering starts in the media and then the AFL reacts to it
Hard to go back 15 years+ but my memory would be that AFL went first on trying to act on concussion. Go back to Trengove's tackle on Danger that was widely seen as a fair tackle and he got banned. These days there would be no question that he'd get suspended.

Hard to go back 15 years+ but my memory would be that AFL went first on trying to act on concussion. Go back to Trengove's tackle on Danger that was widely seen as a fair tackle and he got banned. These days there would be no question that he'd get suspended.
So we're in agreement, the next logical progression to remove all concussions which the AFL is more concerned with doing than keeping the fabric of the game is to ban knees to the head. No other sport let's you do it

So we're in agreement, the next logical progression to remove all concussions which the AFL is more concerned with doing than keeping the fabric of the game is to ban knees to the head. No other sport let's you do it
I think making the argument that the knee up is equivalent in its danger to a dangerous tackle or bump isn't unreasonable but also a separate argument to whether the AFL actually does anything about it. If anything I'd expect the AFL to not be consistent.

I think making the argument that the knee up is equivalent in its danger to a dangerous tackle or bump isn't unreasonable but also a separate argument to whether the AFL actually does anything about it. If anything I'd expect the AFL to not be consistent.
Considering they are suspending guys who are both going for the same ball either on the ground or air based on who's a split second after, they can't turn around an justify knees to a players head when no other sport allows it.

It's very easy to over dramatize things and the footy media love to bait a reaction out of the fans

You can throw this into the modern playbook along with

• Shortening quarters
  • Moving the Grand Final Start Time
  • Talking about Academies

I also feel like the 5th or 6th time I've seen footy classified run with "the fabric of the game" is being ruined or attacked in the title of a video or thumbnail. They or someone else used the same wording on JVR's spoil last year, it's WAY over dramatic

They're only talking about it because they've seen two incidents involving the same player in the space of a month. Unless Moore claims a third or someone else does one that looks on vision and slow-mo really reckless I'm extremely confident that before or after September no one will be talking about it

It's very easy to over dramatize things and the footy media love to bait a reaction out of the fans

You can throw this into the modern playbook along with

• Shortening quarters
  • Moving the Grand Final Start Time
  • Talking about Academies

I also feel like the 5th or 6th time I've seen footy classified run with "the fabric of the game" is being ruined or attacked in the title of a video or thumbnail. They or someone else used the same wording on JVR's spoil last year, it's WAY over dramatic

They're only talking about it because they've seen two incidents involving the same player in the space of a month. Unless Moore claims a third or someone else does one that looks on vision and slow-mo really reckless I'm extremely confident that before or after September no one will be talking about it
Lol they will move the GF start time and they will change academies what are you talking about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol they will move the GF start time and they will change academies what are you talking about
I'm never said that they wouldn't, i'm saying footy shows love to start discussing it to easily bait fans into watching their shit. Like i can recall them arguing over the start time on The Footy Show in 2011, it always comes up every year

Academies there will be changes of course, the point is it you barely have to mention the word and you got ten minutes of footy classified content

Personally and this is unrelated to my point, i don't see the GF start time changing for another five or so years. They've been doomsday saying it's changing since i was a kid and it's only moved during the rona seasons where you may as well do something different

I'm never said that they wouldn't, i'm saying footy shows love to start discussing it to easily bait fans into watching their shit. Like i can recall them arguing over the start time on The Footy Show in 2011, it always comes up every year

Academies there will be changes of course, the point is it you barely have to mention the word and you got ten minutes of footy classified content

Personally and this is unrelated to my point, i don't see the GF start time changing for another five or so years. They've been doomsday saying it's changing since i was a kid and it's only moved during the rona seasons where you may as well do something different
Bringing back SOO another time filler around this time of year.

This does seem like classic media sensationalising to fill time

Lol at anyone who thinks the AFLs done completely destroying the game
I'm sure they aren't done, buy also the media harping on about this shit just seeds ideas. No one from the league is talking about this, but gas bags on panels need something to fill the air and this is easy fodder for them to stir up debates. Self-generating content for them

I'm sure they aren't done, buy also the media harping on about this shit just seeds ideas. No one from the league is talking about this, but gas bags on panels need something to fill the air and this is easy fodder for them to stir up debates. Self-generating content for them
Yeah that's the point, when I see segments like this where media heads spend ten minutes dissecting an idea that someone else from their cohort came up with I want to vomit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back