VFL Casey Demons VFL 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Adams been out there? Has a total of 1 tackle and 0 disposals
Adams has been on Ash Johnson for most of the game. Potentially been told to be super defensive as some of his attack on the ball in the air from prior weeks hasn’t been there.

Fullarton wins a feee almost in the goal square. Opponent panicked as he was outsized. Fullarton won’t get that happening at AFL level. Kicks his first.

Adams would want that one back. Pokes a kick long while under minimal pressure and turns it over 50 out directly in front resulting in a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

52 pt win for Casey . Put a handful of AFL listed players into the team , and even allowing for a weak opposition , make the team look a lot better than it has lately .

A 52 point win so keep in mind that the opponents were really outclassed.

Tomlinson - a pretty regulation VFL game from Tomlinson. Didn’t get as much of the ball as he often does. Was solid.

Jefferson - one step forward, two steps back for Jefferson. No goals but had a few chances, but he just didn’t do enough. He had more competition with Brown, Kentfield and Verrall/Fullarton down forward along with McAdam.

McAdam - kicked four and could have had a couple more. He didn’t really look like he got out of second gear and was doing it easy. I don’t know how much VFL games will say about whether he’s AFL ready.

Adams - had a quieter game ball in hand. Was mostly on Ash Johnson who can be dangerous. Had one memorable clanger.

Verrall - they seem to be playing him a little less as first ruck with Fullarton having more time, and even Ben Brown today. Verrall was pretty decent in the ruck but his competition wasn’t much.

Fullarton - another typical VFL game from him. Looked dangerous as a forward. Took a few nice marks around the ground. Was OK in ruck contests but as per Verrall the Collingwood rucks were very raw.

Sestan - another promising game from him. Started as a forward but from the second quarter played lots of midfield. He’s good in close, has quick hands and a quick mind, and while he had his share of poor kicks he also hit leading forwards several times. Continues to develop nicely.

Tholstrup - played forward a bit more in the last quarter but was predominantly on ball. I thought he was Casey’s best, or at least best Melbourne listed as Mitch White was also good. Looks confident and sure handed. He’s tracking fine for a late first round selection in their first year.

Woewodin - half back for most of the game but played wing towards the end. Poor opposition but he really looks like he’s above this level now. His kicking was a bit disappointing.

Kentfield - kicked a couple and is definitely a physical presence and shows aggression. Doesn’t look fast or mobile at though. A serviceable first up game for an 18 year old.

Moniz-Wakefield - not as much of the ball as in prior weeks. Showed a bit more of his leg speed today than I’ve seen before. I still think his disposal isn’t what it needs to be as a high possession back flanker.

B.Brown - had a serviceable game but he still looks physically shot at this level, let alone AFL level. He’s getting by on smarts alone now.

If Sparrow puts in another mediocre game I’d be happy to see Tholstrup, or even at a pinch Sestan, take his place. I think both those guys are more capable forwards than Sparrow, and wouldn't be much of a step back as on ballers.
Agreed. As you said the oppo wasn't much chop today but both looked very comfortable playing that forward/mid role and seem much more natural around HF than Sparrow.

A 52 point win so keep in mind that the opponents were really outclassed.

Tomlinson - a pretty regulation VFL game from Tomlinson. Didn’t get as much of the ball as he often does. Was solid.

Jefferson - one step forward, two steps back for Jefferson. No goals but had a few chances, but he just didn’t do enough. He had more competition with Brown, Kentfield and Verrall/Fullarton down forward along with McAdam.

McAdam - kicked four and could have had a couple more. He didn’t really look like he got out of second gear and was doing it easy. I don’t know how much VFL games will say about whether he’s AFL ready.

Adams - had a quieter game ball in hand. Was mostly on Ash Johnson who can be dangerous. Had one memorable clanger.

Verrall - they seem to be playing him a little less as first ruck with Fullarton having more time, and even Ben Brown today. Verrall was pretty decent in the ruck but his competition wasn’t much.

Fullarton - another typical VFL game from him. Looked dangerous as a forward. Took a few nice marks around the ground. Was OK in ruck contests but as per Verrall the Collingwood rucks were very raw.

Sestan - another promising game from him. Started as a forward but from the second quarter played lots of midfield. He’s good in close, has quick hands and a quick mind, and while he had his share of poor kicks he also hit leading forwards several times. Continues to develop nicely.

Tholstrup - played forward a bit more in the last quarter but was predominantly on ball. I thought he was Casey’s best, or at least best Melbourne listed as Mitch White was also good. Looks confident and sure handed. He’s tracking fine for a late first round selection in their first year.

Woewodin - half back for most of the game but played wing towards the end. Poor opposition but he really looks like he’s above this level now. His kicking was a bit disappointing.

Kentfield - kicked a couple and is definitely a physical presence and shows aggression. Doesn’t look fast or mobile at though. A serviceable first up game for an 18 year old.

Moniz-Wakefield - not as much of the ball as in prior weeks. Showed a bit more of his leg speed today than I’ve seen before. I still think his disposal isn’t what it needs to be as a high possession back flanker.

B.Brown - had a serviceable game but he still looks physically shot at this level, let alone AFL level. He’s getting by on smarts alone now.
As always, thank you.

Very early observations on Kentfield.

He is definitely aggressive and physical.

But I can see why he went undrafted. He moves like a Ben Holland. Not very athletic looking. Thick in the hips. Maybe an AFL conditioning program can improve him.

I’m probably being a bit harsh after one quarter 😂
I wish we still had Ben Holland on our list. He might of moved like 2023-24 Ben Brown but he did the dirty stuff and competed in the air, knew how to take a mark. Would be our best KPF right now.

I wish we still had Ben Holland on our list. He might of moved like 2023-24 Ben Brown but he did the dirty stuff and competed in the air, knew how to take a mark. Would be our best KPF right now.
Even a Levi Casboult style player would be great for us the shit way we kick the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back