MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane probably just s******ed when he brought up the Pies were missing Cox in a game last year and he wasn't able to sleep for weeks.
What are you even trying to spell here?

Sam McClure easily the sort of bloke who'd you'd wrap your beer across his head with at a pub. He's either actually that much of a campaigner or that good at his job of being a campaigner

season 7 episode 10 GIF

Saints reportedly offering Max King 9 years at 1m+ p/a. AFL clubs have lost the plot.

Normally I'd say yes but they have no money to spend anyway same as north, no one wants to go there.
9 years is a long time when there have been about half a dozen players retire due to concussion in this year alone.

9 years is a long time when there have been about half a dozen players retire due to concussion in this year alone.
It's ****ing stupid and he's not even that good but you have to spend all your cap basically and they have stuff all else to pay, probably front loaded it as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's ****ing stupid and he's not even that good but you have to spend all your cap basically and they have stuff all else to pay, probably front loaded it as well.
Frontloading is the only way to make a deal like that make sense but then you have the risk of the player no longer giving a shit once the money becomes average, or doing a Rory Lobb and cracking the sads and becoming a cancer you have to trade anyway.

King is also mentally and physically frail.

The Saints are a cursed club and you can see in real time the club and its supporters bringing him down.
I dont think the supporters are bringing him down, think hes missing a competitive chromosome and cant deal with expectations. The Saints fuel this by offering him the money they do. Its a really weird situation.

I dont think the supporters are bringing him down, think hes missing a competitive chromosome and cant deal with expectations. The Saints fuel this by offering him the money they do. Its a really weird situation.
I mean, it's an almost perfect experiment that he's got a twin brother playing much more assured, confident footy at GC out of the public eye.

He's been made to be St Kilda's great white hope without much decent support or delivery for years. It's definitely mentally cooked him.

I love watching May give him a bath every year.

Its a bit like Hogan, once the pressure of being the saviour was sort of off him youve seen the best from him again. If King got a standard 3 year deal on 600-700k or something and was traded to a Northern club I think you'd see a far better version.

Last edited:
Saints reportedly offering Max King 9 years at 1m+ p/a. AFL clubs have lost the plot.
Is it just me, or does he seem kinda bog standard key forward?

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back