MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a bit like Hogan, once the pressure of being the saviour was sort of off him youve seen the best from him again. If King got a standard 3 year deal on 600-700k or something and was traded to a Northern club I think you'd see a far better version.
To be honest could just about go anywhere and flourish because saints play such a negative game.

So Heeney cops a week and the footy media loses their shit . I don’t care if he deserves it or not , they have already ditched the fairest from the award , might as well just make it a popularity award and
let the public vote .

JVR has competitive juices and is confident. Would rather him any day over King too.

Nothing I hate more than key forwards who lack competitiveness and/or are mentally weak. King, Weid, McDonald, JUH, they are all the same like that.

To be honest could just about go anywhere and flourish because saints play such a negative game.
Not sure about that. Put him in WA or SA and he'd probably be even worse than he is in Melbourne coz the expectations would be higher in a two team AFL state.

Not sure about that. Put him in WA or SA and he'd probably be even worse than he is in Melbourne coz the expectations would be higher in a two team AFL state.
Yeah, you could see this sort of thing destroying King:

Whereas I'm pretty sure Dogga hasn't read a newspaper in his entire life and, even if he did, he isn't the sort of dude who would care.

Basically there's three general types of player response to media: those that drop their bundle and fall in a heap (King), water off a duck's back types (Jackson) and those that use negative press/criticism as motivation (maybe a Buddy type after the Sydney deal? Idk, examples aren't coming to me at the moment).

Whereas I'm pretty sure Dogga hasn't read a newspaper in his entire life and, even if he did, he isn't the sort of dude who would care.

Basically there's three general types of player response to media: those that drop their bundle and fall in a heap (King), water off a duck's back types (Jackson) and those that use negative press/criticism as motivation (maybe a Buddy type after the Sydney deal? Idk, examples aren't coming to me at the moment).

Feel like Richmond under Hardwick were masters of the siege mentality to outside noise, same with Collingwood a while back under Malthouse.

Feel like Richmond under Hardwick were masters of the siege mentality to outside noise, same with Collingwood a while back under Malthouse.
You'll never see another player hop the fence and run to the station to avoid the press only to realise they need to go through the arduous process of registering for a Myki card.

JVR has competitive juices and is confident. Would rather him any day over King too.

Nothing I hate more than key forwards who lack competitiveness and/or are mentally weak. King, Weid, McDonald, JUH, they are all the same like that.
Lol remember when we were gonna trade for JUH aswell. The league's full of pansy forwards, Hipwood, McKay etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, you could see this sort of thing destroying King:

Dane Swan comes to mind. Got called fat at some point followed up with a BoG on Anzac day and celebrated a goal with a belly rub.

Dane Swan comes to mind. Got called fat at some point followed up with a BoG on Anzac day and celebrated a goal with a belly rub.
Called fat by mark bloody Robinson lol. That's like being called dumb by Mark Robinson, or ugly by Mark Robinson, or a hypocrite by Mark Robinson, or biased by Mark Robinson

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back