MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

You wont find better opportunities, I think even bringing it up as a possibility is insane. Far more likely Cox is the next Dew that they dont want to lose and bombs out wherever he coaches next than hes as good a coach as Longmire.
Maybe, Sydney never wanted Dew as their coach they just didn't want to lose an under contract assistant to be an assistant somewhere else.

Just on Dew, he never should have taken the Suns job. I remember him saying something like he wanted the challenge of taking over a team at its lowest point but it was a poisoned chalice with how far back they were.

Maybe, Sydney never wanted Dew as their coach they just didn't want to lose an under contract assistant to be an assistant somewhere else.

Just on Dew, he never should have taken the Suns job. I remember him saying something like he wanted the challenge of taking over a team at its lowest point but it was a poisoned chalice with how far back they were.
Still never wanted a bar of us, haha

Still never wanted a bar of us, haha
Nah this was a bit later. Dew was keen to come to us. I think Dew had another team courting him but can't remember who.

Nah this was a bit later. Dew was keen to come to us. I think Dew had another team courting him but can't remember who.
Was he? I thought he straight up knocked us back for the Roos succession plan, but I could be misremembering

Was he? I thought he straight up knocked us back for the Roos succession plan, but I could be misremembering
I remember Sydney basically shut it down before anything happened. Maybe gave Dew an extension as well so probably just another example of someone using the MFC as leverage.

Nek minnut Ken Hinkley announced as Melbourne's new coach.
I love it! I’ve seriously enjoyed the past few weeks of zero expectations. And a move from annoying gameplan to neglible evidence of any game plan isn’t necessarily a step backwards. I could get behind it anyway.

I remember Sydney basically shut it down before anything happened. Maybe gave Dew an extension as well so probably just another example of someone using the MFC as leverage.
Sydney said it wasn't an immediate promotion so they didn't have to entertain it something like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No worries the games being completely torn apart at the fabric, so long as we have 15 gay, indigenous and women's rounds she's all good 👍

To be fair the AFL virtue signalling and the AFL destroying the game are two separate issues. I totally agree we’re headed towards non contact, it is going to be so sad to see it within 20yr time.

These suspensions are bizarre.

Only way forward is if the AFL put their hand up one day and say we got all of these decisions wrong because we were freaking out about concussion lawsuits.

You can't keep punishing outcomes, it's creating perverse incentives for players to lead with their head.

In the lead up to coming final series, watch a player in a losing team play dead in a Mr. XXXXX tackle, so he can say: "oh my vision is blurred and I have a headache!". Mr. XXXXX gets 4 weeks and his team bombs out in the finals.
I'm sure coaches have considered Cripps, Bont, Neale, Max(maybe), Dangerfield etc will be told not to tackle in the lead up.

The betting agencies are going to hate this final series. Star players being suspended* for 3 weeks at the start of the final series is a wildcard that is difficult to handle.

* [unless they play for C-wood]

The AFL need to include a no sue policy for accidental collisions in their contracts been saying it for year. If that means a bunch of campaigners don't play who cares, the game will still be the game.
I agree, but I’m pretty sure such a policy wouldn’t be worth the paper it is written on. I’m sure these ideas have been considered and discarded for that reason.

I haven’t a clue what the best solution is to the mess we are seeing. I would like the AFL to do a genuine, independent review into all of this mess to determine what they want from the game and what rules they need to make it consistent.

I know that you and I may have some differing views on rulings, particularly where injuries happen. But I think both of us would prefer consistency to understand what is considered right or wrong. That way all of us can decide whether to have their TV on or off for now or forever. The week to week interpretation is killing it for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back