MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember when Nic Nat kicked his goal after the siren, he ran to the crowd. I don't recall who in the media said it, but someone went at him for burning his teammates in the celebration

It's a bit different on the run on in general play. But watching Rachele kind of reminded me of that comment for some reason. Maybe it's just seeing Murphy trying to get to him and him running straight past him that made me think of this random **** off media comment from ten years ago

Kinda doing bets on in my head to see if some media flog mentions it or they all go the Hird comparison

Doesnt exactly say much about our win last week, fully expected Essendon to win pretty comfortably back under the roof. They are awful in D50, dont know how many times the ball got over the back for goals but it was a lot.

I remember when Nic Nat kicked his goal after the siren, he ran to the crowd. I don't recall who in the media said it, but someone went at him for burning his teammates in the celebration

It's a bit different on the run on in general play. But watching Rachele kind of reminded me of that comment for some reason. Maybe it's just seeing Murphy trying to get to him and him running straight past him that made me think of this random **** off media comment from ten years ago

Kinda doing bets on in my head to see if some media flog mentions it or they all go the Hird comparison
I reckon they'll go all Hird was pretty Identical and the hug was almost the same spot. That side of the ground at least.

I'm pretty meh about it, but nearly everything Rachele does is soccer-inspired, from the celebrations and dramatics, to the crazy skilled little things he does, to the avoiding of contact at every possible opportunity.

Doesnt exactly say much about our win last week, fully expected Essendon to win pretty comfortably back under the roof. They are awful in D50, dont know how many times the ball got over the back for goals but it was a lot.
I don't think anyone but some media campaigners have rated Essendon as contenders. I think they've played decent footy, but still have issues defensively. And Crows are somewhat back to what most expected of them at the start of the season. They've had a very good month or so and have managed injuries in that time as well. Don't think you want to run into them on the run home.

Also, not sure if too many are getting carried away with our win last week. At least I haven't seen too many. I think most enjoyed the win but laughed at Essendon more. We're in that big group of teams that could finish anywhere just in or out of the 8. It's a wide open season. Crows could miss and be the 3rd or 4th best team in it. Bombers could make it with a soft draw and be not even close to a top 8 quality team. It's a weird season.

I don't think anyone but some media campaigners have rated Essendon as contenders. I think they've played decent footy, but still have issues defensively. And Crows are somewhat back to what most expected of them at the start of the season. They've had a very good month or so and have managed injuries in that time as well. Don't think you want to run into them on the run home.

Also, not sure if too many are getting carried away with our win last week. At least I haven't seen too many. I think most enjoyed the win but laughed at Essendon more. We're in that big group of teams that could finish anywhere just in or out of the 8. It's a wide open season. Crows could miss and be the 3rd or 4th best team in it. Bombers could make it with a soft draw and be not even close to a top 8 quality team. It's a weird season.
Bit defensive there old chap, didn't say anything about people on here getting carried away with the win. Just that it looks like it was against another very poor side, they are generally the only teams we have been able to win against this year. Can see why we were able to kick 13 goals in the wet after watching Essendon's backline leak like a sieve again last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit defensive there old chap, didn't say anything about people on here getting carried away with the win. Just that it looks like it was against another very poor side, they are generally the only teams we have been able to win against this year. Can see why we were able to kick 13 goals in the wet after watching Essendon's backline leak like a sieve again last night.
Defensive?

Maybe I misinterpreted what you said, thought you were saying that I was saying that people carried on too much about the win last week.
Not really. Wasnt having a go, just didn't think you needed to downgrade our win last week based on last night's game. Crows are playing good footy. Was a good win last week by us. Clearly wasn't against a premiership threat. But we didn't have our 2 best players and we never play well in the wet. Bombers had a top 2 spot on the line. Thought it was a good win.

Would rather Thilthorpe than any of those Essendon hacks, Jones and Caddy. Both incredibly frustrating. Maybe Caddy can become something but his disposal is tragic, Jones is so soft, another Weid.

We should absolutely be going after Peter Wright if hes fallen out of favour. Couldn't ask for a better fit as a forward ruck to pair with Gawn.

Last edited:
Would rather Thilthorpe than any of those Essendon hacks, Jones and Caddy. Both incredibly frustrating. Maybe Caddy can become something but his disposal is tragic, Jones is so soft, another Weird.

We should absolutely be going after Peter Wright if hes fallen out of favour. Couldn't ask for a better fit as a forward ruck to pair with Gawn.

Him, Nick Bryan or Nik Cox

Why would you want either of those other two? Bryan is a pure ruck and Cox sucks.
It would take too long to scrub the bombers of 2MP. The other two are still young, there's still hope there.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back