MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It would take too long to scrub the bombers of 2MP. The other two are still young.
Cox has gone backwards so far since his first couple of games, he kicked three last night but truthfully he was just as shit as he always is. Bryan is just another Verrall who would sit in the reserves until Gawn is done. Both would be pointless. Wright can actually contribute as a forward and would stop us from having to throw JVR in the ruck and move Petty back to where he belongs in D50.

Would rather Thilthorpe than any of those Essendon hacks, Jones and Caddy. Both incredibly frustrating. Maybe Caddy can become something but his disposal is tragic, Jones is so soft, another Weid.

We should absolutely be going after Peter Wright if hes fallen out of favour. Couldn't ask for a better fit as a forward ruck to pair with Gawn.

Pretty harsh on Caddy, I actually think he looked very promising last night. Agree with the rest of your post though.

Would rather Thilthorpe than any of those Essendon hacks, Jones and Caddy. Both incredibly frustrating. Maybe Caddy can become something but his disposal is tragic, Jones is so soft, another Weid.

We should absolutely be going after Peter Wright if hes fallen out of favour. Couldn't ask for a better fit as a forward ruck to pair with Gawn.
Essendon traded their 4th round pick in 2021 for Wright. That is an unbelievable pick up. Would love to get him in the team, it's actually annoying we didn't go after him. Even more annoying when you realise we targeted BBB instead. Yes, he was okay in 2021, but I'm pretty sure we would have got a similar output from Peter Wright. Anyway I don't care what it cost let's get an actual forward.

Pretty harsh on Caddy, I actually think he looked very promising last night. Agree with the rest of your post though.
What did he do? Kicked two goals from free kicks, one where he ran a mile under the ball and got bailed out by a defender panicking for no reason and the other a soft arm chop on a dropped mark that should be taken. Kicked a nice pass to Langford in the third quarter, other than that sprayed the ball everywhere. Good athlete who struggles to do the basics. If you haven't got the basics right by 19 it's likely you never will. I expect he'll have some games where he looks great at points throughout his career but is a disappointment for the most part.

What did he do? Kicked two goals from free kicks, one where he ran a mile under the ball and got bailed out by a defender panicking for no reason and the other a soft arm chop on a dropped mark that should be taken. Kicked a nice pass to Langford in the third quarter, other than that sprayed the ball everywhere. Good athlete who struggles to do the basics. If you haven't got the basics right by 19 it's likely you never will. I expect he'll have some games where he looks great at points throughout his career but is a disappointment for the most part.

Clearly athletic and attacked the ball really well in the air. Not denying he made mistakes and yes I’m very comfortable they took him so we took Windsor, but think you’re being pretty harsh on a first year player.

Essendon traded their 4th round pick in 2021 for Wright. That is an unbelievable pick up. Would love to get him in the team, it's actually annoying we didn't go after him. Even more annoying when you realise we targeted BBB instead. Yes, he was okay in 2021, but I'm pretty sure we would have got a similar output from Peter Wright. Anyway I don't care what it cost let's get an actual forward.
I wouldn't give up the world for him, but if it's a late second or early third coz they want to get rid of a guy who is on decent money and playing reserves then yep, interested for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Minor AFL media gripe: the only time a game would be "worth 8 points" is if your opponent was the only team you were competing with for a top 8 or top 4 spot. A game between 2 of the 12 teams other than Sydney who are still in the mix for finals is not an "8-point game"
Watch the AFL introduce a 'wildcard' eight-point round at some point. We need more fixture inequity

Ive said this from day one, (Especially when its raining like it is now)
I know its what the players are being told and its "Modern" football, but what is better than killing a contest with a fist in a contest?
Mark the ****ing thing! If i had a dollar for every time the 3rd up or tallest player impacting the contest came through to Smashing the ball 25m back where it came id have a lot of money. Just take the safest option and mark the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back