MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm on Brisbane now, couldn't swallow a Collingwood vd Carlton gf. It's a shame gws didn't get through because it's a gf I wouldn't care about the result.

Trying to be neutral as possible.

Collingwood has got to the Grand Final because other teams have failed to take chances and not as the better team. That is an important point they have not outplayed anyone in the final series they just stumbled over the line.

So I am all in on the Lions at this stage, even though I am not a big fan of Zorko. I feel this is the Lions time as well.

I just want the best team on the day to win.

The Lions are definitely the lesser of two evils.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Larry David Reaction GIF

Watching the match it struck me how open the lions forward line is compared to us , which resembles Flinders Street Station at peak hour . Oh well , according to Jake Lever we have some exciting youth at Casey . Sure thing Jake !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the match it struck me how open the lions forward line is compared to us , which resembles Flinders Street Station at peak hour . Oh well , according to Jake Lever we have some exciting youth at Casey . Sure thing Jake !
First qtr looked like ‘a Melbourne game’ but in the second qtr the lions were able to break it up with shorter kicks and high quality kicks inside 50 which is our major weakness from a personnel and coaching perspective.

Just on Collingwood, this was their Grand Final side in 2018:

B: Maynard - Langdon - Crisp

HB: Howe - Goldsack - Varcoe

C: Phillips - Pendlebury - Treloar

HF: DeGoey - Mihocek - Hoskin-Elliot

F: Stephenson - Cox - Thomas

R: Grundy - Adams - Sidebottom

I: Sier - Aish - Mayne - Greenwood

11 players have moved on and quite a few of them were high profile. You’d have been pretty brave to predict that Grundy, Treloar and Stephenson would’ve all been traded out. Further, a lot of those peripheral players met a disappointing end: Langdon was arguably BOG in the first half of the GF (don’t think he ever played again), Phillips always struggled with his kicking but had great work rate and was a lock on the wing & Sier looked like a promising young inside mid that would be a key part of their side into the future. If Elliot and Moore play they possibly win that GF but they’ve since managed to develop the likes of J Daicos and Murphy. They were admittedly kotd with Quaynor and Naicos as nga/fs. But they’ve also done quite well with low profile draft picks/trades getting in Lipinski, Markov, Cameron, Kruger, Johnson, Frampton, Hill, McStay, McCreery, Ginnivan and Noble.
Can you believe we were heavily into drafting Sier aswell but Collingwood got him first, Man we went overboard on that strategy of packing the team full of contested ball winners

Probably a good game for Brisbane to have before the grand final. Knowing that they can turn a game from being jumped will be great preparation for the grand final. The grand final won't be 90k Collingwood fans as well so it won't be as hostile.

Probably a good game for Brisbane to have before the grand final. Knowing that they can turn a game from being jumped will be great preparation for the grand final. The grand final won't be 90k Collingwood fans as well so it won't be as hostile.
Brisbane have an excellent record against Collingwood. They should have no fear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back