MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Havent been on the board for 5 or 6 days so excuse the catch up to all the goings on this morning...but you'd have to be blind to not realised the Lions are the best team this year weeks ago. 4 goals down at quarter time on the weekend and they turn that game around in an instant and win it with ease. The old Lions would have melted in such a moment, this team is different though as ive been saying for most of the year. Reckon the MCG hoodoo is overblown and they win by 2 goals more this week too. Clearly superior form than the Pies have been since ~ round 10.

Hard to believe you liked that post Legs, easy to see why you havent been invited to be an ARG member.
I stand by the belief that going so hard on the early crow was what turned the game in Brisbanes favour.

Havent been on the board for 5 or 6 days so excuse the catch up to all the goings on this morning...but you'd have to be blind to not realised the Lions are the best team this year weeks ago. 4 goals down at quarter time on the weekend and they turn that game around in an instant and win it with ease. The old Lions would have melted in such a moment, this team is different though as ive been saying for most of the year. Reckon the MCG hoodoo is overblown and they win by 2 goals more this week too. Clearly superior form than the Pies have been since ~ round 10.
MCG hoodoo would make sense if they hadn't absolutely torched us for most of the game at the G. They lost cause Melksham pulled us over the line not because of some voodoo hoodoo.

I stand by the belief that going so hard on the early crow was what turned the game in Brisbanes favour.

Sounds like an excuse someone not in the ARG would make.

MCG hoodoo would make sense if they hadn't absolutely torched us for most of the game at the G. They lost cause Melksham pulled us over the line not because of some voodoo hoodoo.
I'd much rather take an amazing record against a grand final opponent and a terrible record at the ground it's played on than the opposite. We had a good record at the MCG this year, didn't do much for us.

I'd much rather take an amazing record against a grand final opponent and a terrible record at the ground it's played on than the opposite. We had a good record at the MCG this year, didn't do much for us.
Brissy have the last 6 against Collingwood as well. Means nothing really but they shouldn't go in scared of em

Hard to believe you liked that post Legs, easy to see why you havent been invited to be an ARG member.
I DID NO SUCH THING!!!!! HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT?????

Oh - you were using "hard to believe" legitimately? :$

I think all hoodoos are overblown. They actually just don't play at the mcg that often, you could argue they had a bad game against hawthorn but hawthorn also knocked off Collingwood later in the year. Take a look at the Kennet curse, it wasn't as if hawthorn couldn't beat Geelong, all those games were close and at the end of the day they 'broke' the curse in a preliminary final. Anyway if the mcg was truly a hoodoo how did we lose to them last year?

I think all hoodoos are overblown. They actually just don't play at the mcg that often, you could argue they had a bad game against hawthorn but hawthorn also knocked off Collingwood later in the year. Take a look at the Kennet curse, it wasn't as if hawthorn couldn't beat Geelong, all those games were close and at the end of the day they 'broke' the curse in a preliminary final. Anyway if the mcg was truly a hoodoo how did we lose to them last year?

Tin foil ADP: Coz our finals curse is a bigger curse than theirs? I swear it's just Norm Smith is pissed that his powers couldn't reach interstate. Really making us pay for that.

Slightly less foil used in making hat/ real life ADP: it's nothing to do with Norm Smith, it's all to do with "demon spirit'"

Tin foil ADP: Coz our finals curse is a bigger curse than theirs? I swear it's just Norm Smith is pissed that his powers couldn't reach interstate. Really making us pay for that.

Slightly less foil used in making hat/ real life ADP: it's nothing to do with Norm Smith, it's all to do with "demon spirit'"

We're haunted by the demon spirit that is Norm Smith.

Should request home finals played at Adelaide oval or next time finish 3rd and play interstate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bigfooty ITKs myst be frothing they didn't try and post this then. They still havent for a Scooby Doo about the club
1695787879747.png

Post in question

Who loses 4 home MCG finals in a row 😂

MCG for a Melbourne based club playing another Melbourne based club really offers no home ground advantage. HGA only kicks in when you have a hugely parochial crowd in your favour, umpires getting sucked into crowd calls/noise and so on. Like interstate teams mostly get or Geelong at the Cattery.

Last year we lost genuine home ground advantage finals to teams visiting from interstate. This year Pies and Blues just regular MCG games on a deck where both sides felt totally comfortable playing.

But where's the link to Bastinac?

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Poor Ryan. Guy was chilling watching the game and was suddenly hit with an unsuspected drive by from the great ITKs on twitter. I must say I admire the creativity. I dont think anyone expected Ryan Bastinac to be the answer to "why is Harrison Petty crying?"

Special place in my heart now for Bastinac. Like you im all about Ryan Bastinac links to the MFC these days.

Yeah, now that the Lions have made it past my prelim meltdown prediction, think there's a good chance they win on Saturday. Crowd advantage isn't as big of a factor in GFs, and feel like they should have the Pies covered in most areas. A lot will come down to how well they defend – should get enough looks with their midfield advantage and a strong forward line.

MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back