Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s been in their academy since 12. So have a heap of other kids. But North hadn’t done the paperwork before for Sanders to be recognised as an NGA candidate.
There in lies the problem. If theu haven't done the paperwork, then he shouldn't have been included in their academy regardless. It's the same as West Coast.
Didn't get the paperwork in time so couldn't include someone as a next gen.
Or have got it wrong?

How much better was Channel 10's commentary team compared to 7's? And how much better is the count up clock from the 5 minute warning?

I understand it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but I did love the count-up clock.

Definitely made it more stressful not knowing how much time was left.

The overwhelming tension in the finals stages of the 2006 grand final with the ball on their half forward flank, followed by the sheer jubilation as the siren went.

I do enjoy the count-up clock and I prefer it to the countdown clock, particularly in the close games. They use the count-up clock on the WAFL telecasts, it adds a sense of excitement to the game especially if the game is close.

I'd be happy to see it return at some stage.

There in lies the problem. If theu haven't done the paperwork, then he shouldn't have been included in their academy regardless. It's the same as West Coast.
Didn't get the paperwork in time so couldn't include someone as a next gen.
Or have got it wrong?

It’s not an issue with them not doing their paperwork… the player has just obtained a certificate to prove aboriginality so they are trying to claim him now because of that as a next gen player

No, you're just not getting it.

• We have pick 1
  • Curtin isn't worth pick 1, we'd be stupid to waste pick 1 on him
  • Curtin may be worth pick 2 (academy players not included)
  • To make sure we get him we have to trade pick 1 to North to get pick 2
  • North pick Reid
  • We then pick Curtin
  • North win the next 50 flags

You've infected this board Farang83150!

They've been playing this card for a while now. Reckon some posters have convinced themselves that WCE would rather Curtin instead of Reid and the only way WCE end up with Curtin is by trading with North for unders, despite the fact WCE could simply take him at #1, which they won't.

It's ******* weird.

Many supporters actually try to convince themselves why their pick is the best pick. And In addition say why their lower draft pick is far superior.

But nobody actually utters those thoughts in unison. Norf are a special bunch a different breed.

Shouldn't be surprised by loser clubs having delusions that their consistent loser actions are a hall mark of success

Last edited:
It’s not an issue with them not doing their paperwork… the player has just obtained a certificate to prove aboriginality so they are trying to claim him now because of that as a next gen player
That's the part that feels like playing the system to me. Kid got good and then they looked for a way to get him in.

That's the part that feels like playing the system to me. Kid got good and then they looked for a way to get him in.

I don’t think that is true though.

Has been in their academy for 5-6 years, but not recognised as part of the NG academy by the AFL.

Now, whether they found he was good and went as far back into his history as possible to prove aboriginality (that is a very cynical view at best..), or whether he identified as aboriginal but had no reason to need to prove it until the AFL asked for paperwork is probably the missing info/context.

Generally these situations are the second option. Most systems/programs etc are happy with people self-identifying (rather than providing proof which can be traumatic for some) as aboriginal. But the next level up bureaucracy request proof (paperwork) even after years of engagement.

That said I don’t think they should get access (unless he slides to pick 40 which isn’t happening), but no issues at all with him being included in the academy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pumped for tonight, up the orange team!

Sent from my CPH2069 using Tapatalk

I think most neutrals are behind GWS for the rest of the final series.

Probably a dumb question regarding restricted free agents.
If North chooses to match the Essendon contract to McKay, for example say the offer is 5 years at 700k does that mean McKay has to sign on with North for 5 more years even though he would be a free agent in two years time? Can he then turn around and go nah sorry don't want 5 years, I only want two years at more money. Or is he obliged to take the contract offered once matched or go the PSD/ND.

Did I just read Brennan Cox has signed for 6 years?

Brennan Cox?

Is actually a 6 year extension, so he's contracted for 7 years

Brennan Cox

Sheesh, from the way he moved I thought he was 31 already.

Probably a dumb question regarding restricted free agents.
If North chooses to match the Essendon contract to McKay, for example say the offer is 5 years at 700k does that mean McKay has to sign on with North for 5 more years even though he would be a free agent in two years time? Can he then turn around and go nah sorry don't want 5 years, I only want two years at more money. Or is he obliged to take the contract offered once matched or go the PSD/ND.

That last bit. Unless the clubs agree on a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back