Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh great. Clarko will miss the two suspended games and whoever fills in will miraculously make Norf competitive when they fly to Perth next weekend

If someone here knows Dan can they let him know EP has hacked his account

A Richmond poster in the Drafts board suggested people wonder over to Richmond for the melts over f***ing mid-season draft picks - you think we melt hard, those guys are dump trucks of manure level. You'd think Richmond selected an 80 year old Kevin Bartlett and the corpse of Amy Winehouse with their picks judging from their reaction.

Also I counted at least four posters in just the last couple of pages of the MSD thread with this avatar:

1716976619042.png

****ing lols considering they won 3 flags in 4 years recently. Maybe they should hand them back. They are a weird lot at Punt Road.

That bloke next to Geordie Payne . Was he alive are they at Bernie's
In fairness, his son got drafted to North Melbourne. He's only dead on the inside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone still thinking that spending big dollars on English is a good idea needs to be watching this one

Will not help us one iota as a tap ruckman. Being bullied by Grundy
English would be worth the big dollars if he showed he could be a legitmate forward threat, could then play two rucks and use him aroudn the ground, up forward, and have a better tap ruck when needed. He isn't though, he's a midfielder who happens to be obscenely tall. Do not want for big dollars.

Hawthorn racism investigation: The secret reports and what really happened​

It's astounding that both Hawthorn and the AFL were willing to launch public enquiries without properly gathering evidence. Yet another example of the AFL bending over backwards to manage their image. Bad luck to everyone caught in the crossfire.

It's astounding that both Hawthorn and the AFL were willing to launch public enquiries without properly gathering evidence. Yet another example of the AFL bending over backwards to manage their image. Bad luck to everyone caught in the crossfire.

It was always going to end this way.

There is no interest in the truth unless the AFL benefit or there is a way to massage it to maintain their PR.

The true innocent parties in this - the Indigenous families who spoke out - are the ones who in the end suffer the most.

Unable to use homophobic slurs, Clarkson reached into his repertoire for the all faithful C-bombs for his verbal assaults on the umpires bench.

Yeah, but credit where credit is due.

2 weeks suspended suspension triggered for naughty language, offset by learning credit for not calling the umps "C###suck### F###ing C###s".

That aside, the racism issue still bubbling along and heading off to the HRC after being clearing by the independent AFL commissioned reports, must be truly awful for him and Fagan.

They have my sympathy for what little it is worth.

I solved the Grand Final years ago, in a way that’s super generous to the AFL and meets them so much more than halfway, but opens the door to fairness down the line. Give me 10 minutes on Fox Footy to spin this and every fan would endorse.

It’s a basic roster system that’s still rigged in their favour, and lets them pass the buck entirely, but could one day be purely fair. Roster the Grand Final on an 18 year cycle (given the number of clubs).

The AFL sets a benchmark. To host a Grand Final, your stadium needs x capacity, x number of flights to the city, x number of hotels within a distance of the stadium, whatever. Whatever parameters you want, lay them out.

There’s two WA clubs of 18. If WA meets those parameters, they get two Grand Finals every 18 years. If SA does, they get two every 18 years.

The Grand Final always defaults to the MCG, so if QLD can’t meet the benchmark, VIC gets their two of the cycle by default. At first every 18 year cycle is just MCG games, but by laying out the rules the AFL puts the onus on states and clubs to sort their facilities and push to host the game.

2 GFs in QLD, 16 in VIC? Cry more West Aussies, get on the government and clubs to meet the criteria.

Ultimate goal is an 18 year cycle wherein each state hosts once per club. Roster it like the NFL and if you happen to be in a GF the year you’re set to host, lucky you.

For my next trick, I’ll sort out the Gaza strip.

I solved the Grand Final years ago, in a way that’s super generous to the AFL and meets them so much more than halfway, but opens the door to fairness down the line. Give me 10 minutes on Fox Footy to spin this and every fan would endorse.

It’s a basic roster system that’s still rigged in their favour, and lets them pass the buck entirely, but could one day be purely fair. Roster the Grand Final on an 18 year cycle (given the number of clubs).

The AFL sets a benchmark. To host a Grand Final, your stadium needs x capacity, x number of flights to the city, x number of hotels within a distance of the stadium, whatever. Whatever parameters you want, lay them out.

There’s two WA clubs of 18. If WA meets those parameters, they get two Grand Finals every 18 years. If SA does, they get two every 18 years.

The Grand Final always defaults to the MCG, so if QLD can’t meet the benchmark, VIC gets their two of the cycle by default. At first every 18 year cycle is just MCG games, but by laying out the rules the AFL puts the onus on states and clubs to sort their facilities and push to host the game.

2 GFs in QLD, 16 in VIC? Cry more West Aussies, get on the government and clubs to meet the criteria.

Ultimate goal is an 18 year cycle wherein each state hosts once per club. Roster it like the NFL and if you happen to be in a GF the year you’re set to host, lucky you.

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

Even simpler, just every second year in Vic:

Vic - WA - Vic - NSW - Vic - SA - Vic - Qld

Even simpler, just every second year in Vic:

Vic - WA - Vic - NSW - Vic - SA - Vic - Qld
Oh 100% but they’ll never go for that in a million years, because how can you have a Grand Final in a stadium of only [whatever the Gabba holds]. And anyway we have a long term deal and the MCG it’s history and tradition and get over it.

The point of making the system like mine is you tickle their balls a little up front which might get the rest of the plan heard, and also get to make the AFL the good guy in the story. Only thing holding you damn interstate clubs back is yourself, don’t blame us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back