Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The speed of the game has gone to ridiculous levels. Clubs embraced the Richmond idea of constant pressure and Collingwood took it to the next level (with a flag to show for it). From what you guys are reporting at training, it seems like repeat sprinting is being incorporated into every session to get players as fit as possible. Means that they are then doing the drills under fatigue.

More chances of injuries at training. The higher level of intensity also means they're spending more weeks of the year going 100%, which will also increase fatigue and injury risk.

Does fatigue increase the risk of an acl though? I always thought it was a bit different and hence the lack of preventative measures

The speed of the game has gone to ridiculous levels. Clubs embraced the Richmond idea of constant pressure and Collingwood took it to the next level (with a flag to show for it). From what you guys are reporting at training, it seems like repeat sprinting is being incorporated into every session to get players as fit as possible. Means that they are then doing the drills under fatigue.

More chances of injuries at training. The higher level of intensity also means they're spending more weeks of the year going 100%, which will also increase fatigue and injury risk.

Great idea opening up the game with the stand rule, 666 and play on from kick ins, then capping the interchanges.

As long as they get their ad revenue from more goals...

I always worry about Darcys longevity and its the main reason why I never wanted the Eagles to consider trading for him. He looks like the kind of ruckman that is going to struggle in his later years. Similar to Nic towards the end but potentially happening earlier for Darcy.

Darcy in his last Contact year waving to the muppet faithful:

1702463416786.png

Our midfield did rely entirely on Naitanui for a large part of the 2010s tbf
Sure but Naitanui was not a conventional ruck - he was also an extra inside clearance midfielder.

Yes, yes all the Freo fans will tell me that Jackson is too but NN added a completely different element to the midfield that Jackson or Fats Darcy will ever be able to.

Sure but Naitanui was not a conventional ruck - he was also an extra inside clearance midfielder.

Yes, yes all the Freo fans will tell me that Jackson is too but NN added a completely different element to the midfield that Jackson or Fats Darcy will ever be able to.

Like what? Because stats between Jackson and Nic Nat at the same age says otherwise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like what? Because stats between Jackson and Nic Nat at the same age says otherwise
I think Jackson will become an excellent ruck and Darcy is ahead of him. I don't see how you can get full value out of them both at the same time. It's a similar situation to what Melbourne just experienced with Gawn and Grundy.

I think Jackson will become an excellent ruck and Darcy is ahead of him. I don't see how you can get full value out of them both at the same time. It's a similar situation to what Melbourne just experienced with Gawn and Grundy.

Maybe you are right but Jackson isn't a traditional ruck and can play around the ground as a utility

The Cox and Nic Nat combo worked and I'm sure the Darcey and Jackson combo can too

Prob the only time a dual ruck combo netted us 2 AA in the same year.

Stand to be corrected, but I think it's the only time in AFL history a ruck combo from the same team have made AA in the same year.

Prob the only time a dual ruck combo netted us 2 AA in the same year.
It only worked as Cox was actually quite good as a third tall. He could go forward and be a legitimate threat while nic did the rucking. Also caused mass confusion when both were in a F50 stoppage.

2012 was one of those missed opportunity years. If Lecca had stayed fit we could have given the flag a shake (given how average the eventual premiers were).

It only worked as Cox was actually quite good as a third tall. He could go forward and be a legitimate threat while nic did the rucking. Also caused mass confusion when both were in a F50 stoppage.

2012 was one of those missed opportunity years. If Lecca had stayed fit we could have given the flag a shake (given how average the eventual premiers were).

Also helps they kicked 40+ goals between them.

And the NN/ Cox combo working well together was only for a relatively short period. The Darcy/ Jackson combo would want to be effective a hell of a lot longer than that, given the commitments to both.

The only ruck duo that truly worked was Lycett/Vardy in 2018 PF v Gawn and GF v Grundy

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Premiership winning ruck duo of Seaby and Cox say hi!

Best decoy 2 disposal, 6 HO back up ruckman GF game I have ever seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back