Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Schultz one of their best players? The point is maybe we should try letting some guys leave rather than extending everyone’s contracts so readily. Might give us some more capital to play with once in a while.
Had been 5th and 6th in their BnF the past two years. I do agree with the second half, but it's just not what happened with Schulz and Freo

Had been 5th and 6th in their BnF the past two years. I do agree with the second half, but it's just not what happened with Schulz and Freo
Don’t think you’ll find too many people agreeing with you that he was one of their best players, or the implication that they suffered as a result of him leaving. Go for your life though

Some other examples of superstars who finished 6th in the 2023 B&F

Lachlan Murphy
Brandon Starcevich
Alex Neal-Bullen
Connor Idun
Tarryn Thomas (playing only 12 games)
Oliver Florent
Bailey Williams

Wouldn't mind seeing GWS win the flag at all, much prefer it to swans or brisbane
I would like to see Brissie win it this year as they have been thereabouts for the last 2-3 years so it’s their time - if they don’t succeed this year I think they will have lost their chance for awhile imo🤔.

Was Schultz one of their best players? The point is maybe we should try letting some guys leave rather than extending everyone’s contracts so readily. Might give us some more capital to play with once in a while.
The big difference is Schultz was contracted and requested a trade.

Rightly or wrongly, WC don't have a history of pushing contracted players out of the door.

The big difference is Schultz was contracted and requested a trade.

Rightly or wrongly, WC don't have a history of pushing contracted players out of the door.
That’s the point. We seem to treat players too well, they get comfortable and we miss out on potential opportunities to turn over the list and get new players in.

Other teams might push out a few required players through hardball list management strategies, but in many cases it has good results.

That’s the point. We seem to treat players too well, they get comfortable and we miss out on potential opportunities to turn over the list and get new players in.

Other teams might push out a few required players through hardball list management strategies, but in many cases it has good results.
We've had a lot more success at keeping interstate players than any other non Vic club and I don't think that's unrelated. We don't win 2018 if Shuey, Hurn or Gaff ask for a trade home in 2014.

Other teams might push out a few required players through hardball list management strategies, but in many cases it has good
I like to look at it from a personal perspective.
If I lose my job I can no longer pay my mortgage, feed my kids etc.
It's their job and the same happens to them if they don’t get picked up elsewhere.
I like that West Coast treat their players as human and we have had great success.
Having said that this current bunch need a rocket up their arse because they have proven they can play.
Not having a go at you either by the way, it is how I think.

We've had a lot more success at keeping interstate players than any other non Vic club and I don't think that's unrelated. We don't win 2018 if Shuey, Hurn or Gaff ask for a trade home in 2014.
Or we, you know, apply a management model whereby our best players are looked after a bit more conservatively than our role players.

By the same token we wouldn’t be paying Gaff to play in the WAFL if he asked for a trade home in 2018.

It’s not just a matter of keeping interstate players either. Using the example of Freo, they have lost plenty of WA players as well. I dont know what picks they got in return for Hill, Lobb, Henry, Acres et al, but most of them are fairly limited players and at least they’re not using up list space and cap space this way.

Hipwood’s deliberate tunneling of Blakey that could have concussed him/broken his neck only gets a fine

In terms of potential for injury it’s far worse than most of the dangerous tackles we’ve seen suspensions for

How he hasn’t received weeks is beyond me

Hipwood’s deliberate tunneling of Blakey that could have concussed him/broken his neck only gets a fine

In terms of potential for injury it’s far worse than most of the dangerous tackles we’ve seen suspensions for

i cant believe that was called play on too.

what a howler by the ump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep reading the MRP report on the AFL website no mention of potential to injure factored into the grading.

My favourite part was the end of the clip where the umpire literally shrugged his shoulders and didn't know what to do even though he's in charge of the game and it should have been a free kick.

What does it say about Sydney and their list management that they could afford to have Sam reid still on their list up until today.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

What does it say about Sydney and their list management that they could afford to have Sam reid still on their list up until today.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Amount of premierships won by Sydney since 2013 - 0
Amount of premierships won by West Coast since 2013 - 1

Check and mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back