Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont recall a season where teams could get out to a 5 or 6 goal lead but then momentum swings completely the opposite.way and that lead evaporates the next quarter.

Happens almost every game now.
Not trying to sound bitter due to where we sit in the scheme of things. But this year has to have the lowest quality of teams overall ever. Every team is bog average.

Look at Sydney, who will finish top of ladder. I would back our 1991, 2005 and 2015 team to touch them up in the GF. Let alone any of our premiership teams. If Port of 2007 got this year's Sydney in the GF it would still be a 127 point loss.... just to Sydney.

Threat in the finals are Hawthorn lost two games which were robbed in the last quarter .
Best team in the competition second half of the season .
Hawks either way have a bright future, might be a pretty good marking defender in their squad in 2025 also .
Unless they get big heads a (like adelaide this year) and come in next year thinking it will just happen.

I don't Think someone like sam mitchell will let that happen tho

Not trying to sound bitter due to where we sit in the scheme of things. But this year has to have the lowest quality of teams overall ever. Every team is bog average.

Look at Sydney, who will finish top of ladder. I would back our 1991, 2005 and 2015 team to touch them up in the GF. Let alone any of our premiership teams. If Port of 2007 got this year's Sydney in the GF it would still be a 127 point loss.... just to Sydney.
Agreed - this is what equalisation looks like I guess (combined with 18 teams spreading talent thin). The good news is that you don't need heaps of talent to rocket up the ladder. Look at Hawthorn and Pies, a couple of guns can carry a group of role players (provided the coach can get them to work together).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bullflogs showing no mercy
Drama Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back