Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Now is the time to strike for both our clubs...Richmond & West Coast. Draft hard and draft well. There's a silver lining I believe for our clubs in terms of current ladder position. We get high draft picks now because in a few years time the new Tassie team will drain the talent pool. They will get the same draft concessions for a few years as Gold Coast & GWS. Both our clubs know what they have in terms of current lists and both clubs know what they need.

All clubs in the league know it, they know what's coming, they know what's around the corner. Our clubs are in the drivers seat. Time to strike now.

Who knows in a decade's time (or even shorter) our clubs could be back in Premiership contention again. You just never know...
Richmond won the spoon in 2009 and we won it in 2010, then both clubs played finals from 2014-2020. Hopefully we see a similar result of being back at the pointy end in 4 or 5 seasons.

Richmond won the spoon in 2009 and we won it in 2010, then both clubs played finals from 2014-2020. Hopefully we see a similar result of being back at the pointy end in 4 or 5 seasons.

Except this time we win 3 flags to their 1 :p

Melbourne won the wooden spoon in 2009. But your point still stands for sure. Both our clubs need a few years to rebuild.

Now is the time to strike for both our clubs...Richmond & West Coast. Draft hard and draft well. There's a silver lining I believe for our clubs in terms of current ladder position. We get high draft picks now because in a few years time the new Tassie team will drain the talent pool. They will get the same draft concessions for a few years as Gold Coast & GWS. Both our clubs know what they have in terms of current lists and both clubs know what they need.

All clubs in the league know it, they know what's coming, they know what's around the corner. Our clubs are in the drivers seat. Time to strike now.

Who knows in a decade's time (or even shorter) our clubs could be back in Premiership contention again. You just never know...

The issue is we currently have is the same as last year, 1 high draft pick per year (2nds are no longer high draft picks) means a rebuild takes about the same time it takes to build a house in WA...... forever.

Purps rebuild similarly took ages, but they were assisted by the trade out of talent and some nice extra draft picks in return (which were used to pick up some handy players in the draft and by trading) and now have a young list with some cherries on top coming in this years and next, trade period by virtue of having a really handy draft hand this year.

Time to strike means trading out at least 2 players for picks, problem is we have nothing in the 25-27 age group that is worth a squirt of shite and we will trying to offload players like Ryan and Kelly (LOL).

You choose to bump, and you are liable for the consequences.

Whether you agree or disagree is an endless debate (mainly because the AFL doesn't want to get sued into bankruptcy imo), but that's the rule nowadays and has been for years.

The bump is dead. Long live the bump.

Except in the GF with no send off rule......... its a given monty that the concussion rule is going to decide a GF in the next couple of years (probably this years).

I dislike the dockers with a passion but that's just so flipping lame.
The west's an absolute embarrassment.
I’ve blocked it from all of my socials. I don’t see anything from them anymore, it’s absolutely bliss.

I’ve blocked it from all of my socials. I don’t see anything from them anymore, it’s absolutely bliss.

Couldn't agree more! It actually positively impacts your life. I no longer buy the newspaper and have zero connection to any media outlets other than specific sports related pages that I enjoy reading. Media is garbage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we've copped our fair share of criticism, which was well deserved, but have Norf slipped under the Radar?

Beaten by 96 points.

Having picks 2 and 4 plus 2 priorities and they will finish bottom 2 again.
They're also a slim chance of getting the spoon.

Haven't heard them cop much this week at all.

I know we've copped our fair share of criticism, which was well deserved, but have Norf slipped under the Radar?

Beaten by 96 points.

They're about where they were last year, but according to the footy media they're on a sharp rise, have tons of young guns with potential. I mean, it's kind of true, Sheezel, Wardlaw etc are very promising, but I've heard a few say they're going to shoot up the ladder next year. Okay, but who are they going to overtake? Adelaide and St Kilda underperformed. Can't see them leapfrogging Melbourne, Gold Coast, Essendon, Collingwood. They're on 3 wins with a slightly better % than last season.

Another reason why the ladder was so even this year was because the bottom 3 were so poor, probably the worst bottom 3 in some time.

Beaten by 96 points.

They've been pretty good since the bye to be fair, won 3, should have won v us and the Pies too. They're well ahead of where they've been in previous years imo.

So if you solidly bump someone, dont hit them in the head...say shoulder on shoulder...and they get concussed from that then you get suspended?

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News
Yep. That's the new world we live in. His action caused a head knock that ultimately concussed him.

The high contact part of the 'matrix' will be argued but the resultant head knock and concussion can't be argued. And...intentional rough conduct will also be part of it.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

They've been pretty good since the bye to be fair, won 3, should have won v us and the Pies too. They're well ahead of where they've been in previous years imo.
You hear this year after year though.
Should've could've.
They were also lucky to beat us at home.

Ladder position, they're actually behind where they were last year.
And that's after all of their picks.

Montagna reckons they'll win between 8 to 11 games next year.

I'll believe that when I see it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back