Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That would make things very interesting. If he got the dockers to stop being a rabble I might actually take an interest in their performance.

Lol - Imagine Simmo taking them to a flag and the majority of west coast fans getting behind them. Would trigger the die hard dockers big time, they finally win one but can't even laud it over us as we're celebrating too.
Why would the majority of fans get behind freo to win a flag, that's disgusting.

Name a bigger tell that you ain't coming back to the club next year without actually telling the club you won't be back next year :tearsofjoy:

Why does the AFL have a say in who runs through the club's banner?

Everyone think the Houston bump is worth 5?

Has any grading changed within the last 12 months to make what Degoey on Hewett (Careless, Severe & High - 3 games) and what Stewart did to Prestia (Careless, Severe & High 4 games) to get Houston to 5?
I understand they considered that Rankine got an AC joint injury from the collision as well. but surely an injury that could happen from a fair bump that wouldn't attract a suspension can't add that much?
Especially when you consider the 5 games that Houston will miss 3 of them could potentially be finals.

But if you look at Degoey and Houston 3 v 5. Does that seem right?

Has any grading changed within the last 12 months to make what Degoey on Hewett (Careless, Severe & High - 3 games) and what Stewart did to Prestia (Careless, Severe & High 4 games) to get Houston to 5?
I understand they considered that Rankine got an AC joint injury from the collision as well. but surely an injury that could happen from a fair bump that wouldn't attract a suspension can't add that much?
Especially when you consider the 5 games that Houston will miss 3 of them could potentially be finals.

More players suing the AFL over concussion would be my guess.

I dunno mate, kinda seems like you're implying the AFL is making things up on the fly. No way a professional national sporting organisation would do such things.

I dunno mate, kinda seems like you're implying the AFL is making things up on the fly. No way a professional national sporting organisation would do such things.
Ive been getting shittier and shitter with the AFL MRP.

Trying to understand it but with each case its getting harder not to believe there is a definite and tangible feel between Collingwood, Geelong and which ever other Vic club is up and about players fronting a tribunal and anyone else.
almost like a no suspension if possible/ minimise the suspension if possible approach to those clubs and look for a suspension if possible / maximise the suspension (read: PotEnTial to iNjuRe) approach to other teams.

Ive been getting shittier and shitter with the AFL MRP.

Trying to understand it but with each case its getting harder not to believe there is a definite and tangible feel between Collingwood, Geelong and which ever other Vic club is up and about players fronting a tribunal and anyone else.
almost like a no suspension if possible/ minimise the suspension if possible approach to those clubs and look for a suspension if possible / maximise the suspension (read: PotEnTial to iNjuRe) approach to other teams.

I used call people paranoid conspiracy theorists.

These days I'm borderline doomsday prepping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've been aware of that for longer than 12 months now haven't they? I mean the impending onslaught that will happen with regards to class action.
math GIF

Couldn’t give less of a **** about either of these teams, have spent the first five minutes watching to see if anyone goes near Daicos. Salem is technically in the same stadium as him but literally lets him just walk around in space, not even run.

Infuriating how Harley gets the treatment that he does, both from oppo and umpires, but coaches will let Daicos walk into space and the umpires protect him if anyone goes closer than that. And at stoppages it’s not even that the tag gets broken, he is quite literally standing there with no opponent on him at all.

Such overkill but took the time to upload this stoppage: Daicos hands on head to start the clip, near the umpire. Not even remotely the most egregious case of the first 10 minutes.

Harley has three wrestling him as soon as he gets off the bus but time and again oppo coaches will let that happen. Daicos is an elite runner who is very good at getting to the next contest to get a handball receive, but this has nothing to do with skill or work rate. Bloke is in line for a Brownlow and that’s the defensive setup he faces more often than not. Every single week, no blocks, no creative tag break that they use to protect him. Just let the campaigner run unimpeded.

I could get 30 touches a game in the Pies midfield if that was the amount of space I got.

The dick riding of Daicos specifically and Collingwood more generally from this commentary team is nauseating

Daicos blatantly stat padding to chase Brownlow votes whilst being allowed to just run wherever he wants unimpeded is nuts

As pointed out by HoneyBadger35 its incredible how little effort oppo sides put in to slowing Daicos down whilst Harley has GST put on every bit of contact he receives whether on or off ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back