Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine having the list you have, trading away picks to bring more players in, never being able to get over the Prelim hump and then your Chairman saying making finals was the pass mark. Jesus Christ, no wonder Kenneth's kept his job for almost 15 years there.

All good. The unravel from here will be something spectacular.

Hope they kept the tarps.

A second rounder for Dev? Madness

It is.

But he's contracted to end of 2025 and the Lions have no intention of moving him on unless something stupid comes in that helps their points situation in this draft.

Conversation I've had seemed to infer that if they gain 500 points in a trade for him, they will accept it.

It is.

But he's contracted to end of 2025 and the Lions have no intention of moving him on unless something stupid comes in that helps their points situation in this draft.

Conversation I've had seemed to infer that if they gain 500 points in a trade for him, they will accept it.

Enjoy the VFL then Dev

It is.

That prawn really ruined Dev’s career, didn’t it?

It is.

I can't see Brisbane setting that price for Robertson. He's not the only player they have to make a decision on this offseason. They'll be happy with a current pick for a future pick knowing they can make points up from trading pick 20 to Richmond (who won't bid on Ashcroft with pick 1) as well as any other players they move on.

Dev made his decision last year to stay and play in a premiership but inevitably cost himself 15 games at AFL level by doing so.

But you can’t blame him for that, to be honest- he’d just played in a GF and wouldn’t have banked on playing much VFL this year. If he comes across this year I’m not going to hold it against him..

Also, is it just me or am I completely fine with Bailey Smith headed to the cats, even on a preseason pick?

He is a solid B player at best. One way runner, with below average kicking skills and I think inevitably he will be more trouble for Geelong than any gains.

Also, is it just me or am I completely fine with Bailey Smith headed to the cats, even on a preseason pick?

He is a solid B player at best. One way runner, with below average kicking skills and I think inevitably he will be more trouble for Geelong than any gains.
I want Geelong to pay as much as possible to get him. I think he wont be as good as he once was projected to be and I want Geelong to be bereft of picks in the process.
Anything that brings them back out of the 8 for a few years

I want Geelong to pay as much as possible to get him. I think he wont be as good as he once was projected to be and I want Geelong to be bereft of picks in the process.
Anything that brings them back out of the 8 for a few years
I’d take Smith in the PSD in a heartbeat. So would Richmond and Norf.

Make those campaigners pay

They’ve been undermining the Bulldogs for a long time and using one of their main sponsors to help that happen

I’d be furious if I was a Bulldogs supporter

Hope he ends up at Richmond or North

Lions considering approaching J.Stringer with a 1 year contract with performance-based extension.
:laughv1:
Need to come to an agreement with J.Daniher over a payout so his remaining contract doesn't still impact their 2025 salary cap.
Daniher retired. There's no payout required from the Lions. He's walked away from his contract.
Will not part with more than an early 3rd rounder as a trade offer, preferably from next year.
:darts:
Also looking at T.Membrey due to his UFA status.
:laughv1:
Rumours around of T.Hawkins being contacted, but as far as I know they are completely unfounded.
:drunk:
In addition to pick 18, Brisbane's F2 and F3 are on the market for points this year.
🕰️
D.Robertson looks more likely to stay than leave, price is a 2R in this year.
:sadv1:
J.Prior and J.Tunstill much the same.
:rolleyes:
K.Lane looks gettable as a ruck option.
Delisted. Free to anyone.
ZZ is locked away as a possible longer-term successor to the J.Daniher role.
Played in defence the whole VFL season.
No idea about other players that may be of interest to West Coast.
🚣‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Rugby League will still be a few more years away, Western Bears got rejected by the NRL

They seem comfortable on their side of the Barrassi line

shame-jerry-seinfeld.gif

Looks like Rugby League will still be a few more years away, Western Bears got rejected by the NRL

They seem comfortable on their side of the Barrassi line
It would surely have been a dud anyway. Both the Force and the Reds struggled in a footy market. Re-animating the corpse of a long-defunct legacy NRL club and rebadging it as a WA team doesn't seem like a recipe for success.

It would surely have been a dud anyway. Both the Force and the Reds struggled in a footy market. Re-animating the corpse of a long-defunct legacy NRL club and rebadging it as a WA team doesn't seem like a recipe for success.

For all their faults, you have to give the AFL credit for establishing teams in the Northern states and committing to seeing them survive (even if some of the advantages aren't always fair)

I think he’s better than recent acquisitions like Bruhn, Henry and Bowes, and Geelong should pay up. Maybe not quite what he was drafted at, but mid-first-round. Although I guess Geelong are unhappy Smith won’t come with a bonus pick.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back