Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Perth->Melb round trip 7.75 hrs flight time
Adelaide ->Melb round trip 3 hrs flight time
Brisbane ->Melb round trip 5 hrs flight time

For let's just say 7 games a year in Melb, that's more or less 20 additional hrs travel, almost a whole day lost to travel, compared to what Brisbane do.

In the age of the hyper professional AFL where clubs are trying to exploit fringe areas of sports science to extract just a fraction of a percentage advantage on other clubs, we are starting from a mile behind. If we do everything exactly the same as say a top Vic or Qld club, we will still be at disadvantage by a measurable percentage.

Yes we have no control over geography, but we should be able to receive assistance from the AFL to minimise the affect.
I thought the post I replied to, was mostly about losing kids back to Victoria.

I honestly don’t want to get in to a competition about which teams have it harder when competing against Victoria.

Almost all non Victorian teams have gone through periods of losing significant numbers of players to footballing States.

Interesting what Paul Roos said about Hawthorn trading pick 14 early . ....

“It stains them with the managers. This is what people don’t understand. If Hawthorn don’t do the deal for Barrass, let me tell you, the next time a Hawthorn person rings up (to discuss) a player who’s contracted, let me tell you what the discussion is going to be: ‘Not interested’.

Nice one Roosy…….Hawks in contention and happy to pay the money/length of Contract wanted for someone clearly open to moving there, but for apparently, the previous Barrass move falling over.

So player X says no thanks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back