Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fyfe was ineligible.
Not my point. Wasn’t saying that Fyfe should’ve won it. I’m saying that the Brownlow is not indicative of the player worthy of being glorified. Priddis and Woewodin, as the examples I’ve eluded to, were not top-tier players in their careers and were a fair way off being the best players the year they won. I get that it’s ‘fairest’ but I just don’t feel the love for this over-hyped award.

Not my point. Wasn’t saying that Fyfe should’ve won it. I’m saying that the Brownlow is not indicative of the player worthy of being glorified. Priddis and Woewodin, as the examples I’ve eluded to, were not top-tier players in their careers and were a fair way off being the best players the year they won. I get that it’s ‘fairest’ but I just don’t feel the love for this over-hyped award.
I certainly don't disagree

oh it was only for another 43 years or something ridiculous.

every year we complain about the corporates at the grand final but the 22K MCC members getting tickets gets skipped over. it's gross. as far as I can tell the only way for the AFL to drastically reduce that number would have been to just threaten to take the GF away unless that number is cut down massively, but lol, sign a 40 year deal without really even making the MCC work for it and **** all over everyone instead.
Blame the 7500 corporate functions
7000 AFL Contractual obligations
1000 for the players (who sell them off anyway)

IMG_2679.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That interview with Lachie Neale was painful to watch.
Hamish is terrible but seems to have a gig for life 🤷🏻‍♀️

View attachment 1813966
Afl members should be aligned to club nominated
MCC is tough. Seems a bit wrong they outnumber the competing clubs access.

View attachment 1813966

I mean, 22000 is definitely a bigger number than 15000 (16000 counting the other corporates) so I feel like I'm gonna keep on looking at the 22K figure. For all the fuss made about corporates, I thought it would make up a much larger share. And there's of course logic behind corporates attending the Big Game. it's a reality of any Big Game around the world. It's clear why it happens. It's less clear to me why in a national competition, we have a grand final at a set location for another 40 years with 22K tickets going to MCC members (plus another 15K going to AFL members, who I'd wager are also overwhelmingly Victorian based). Those 37K tickets could be given to actual members of the competing clubs!

I mean, 22000 is definitely a bigger number than 15000 (16000 counting the other corporates) so I feel like I'm gonna keep on looking at the 22K figure. For all the fuss made about corporates, I thought it would make up a much larger share. And there's of course logic behind corporates attending the Big Game. it's a reality of any Big Game around the world. It's clear why it happens. It's less clear to me why in a national competition, we have a grand final at a set location for another 40 years with 22K tickets going to MCC members (plus another 15K going to AFL members, who I'd wager are also overwhelmingly Victorian based). Those 37K tickets could be given to actual members of the competing clubs!
Well considering the mcg is over 100k even if you take out those areas. It’s still a bigger capacity than any other stadium, and a lot of the afl members there gf day are club support - which are counted in the clubs membership tally.

There was genuine debate amongst WCE fans whether Priddis was even a net positive for their team during his career. No scoreboard impact, slow and a really poor kick. Darcy Parish is arguably a better player and he's obviously not in the top echelon either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back