Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Schofield has been confirmed as interim coach for the rest of the year. Poor Knights, can't even get the interim gig.
Not over yet, Schofield will be lucky to last 3 weeks, to be replaced by Knights who couldn't coach a country 2nds side.
4 Coaches in 1 year, new world record.

Not over yet, Schofield will be lucky to last 3 weeks, to be replaced by Knights who couldn't coach a country 2nds side.
4 Coaches in 1 year, new world record.

I think an EPL side had 5 a couple of seasons ago….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not happy with the Heeney suspension upheld ?
I'm making fun of people who actually think the AFL protects players from suspension for the sake of the Brownlow, the recent example being Zak Butters who was suspended by the AFL and then had it over-turned at the Tribunal, and somehow what a few people got from all that was that the AFL was protecting Butters from suspension

I'm happy the AFL & the Tribunal are on the same wave length on this. Whether the action should be graded as Intentional is certainly worthy of discussion, but how the rule is written, for this season anyway, it was hard to see how it could be over-turned, unless the Swans had a really good angle to use. And they didn't. It's a bit like Redman's suspension earlier in the season where they just didn't seem to be an escape route.

I'm making fun of people who actually think the AFL protects players from suspension for the sake of the Brownlow, the recent example being Zak Butters who was suspended by the AFL and then had it over-turned at the Tribunal, and somehow what a few people got from all that was that the AFL was protecting Butters from suspension

I'm happy the AFL & the Tribunal are on the same wave length on this. Whether the action should be graded as Intentional is certainly worthy of discussion, but how the rule is written, for this season anyway, it was hard to see how it could be over-turned, unless the Swans had a really good angle to use. And they didn't. It's a bit like Redman's suspension earlier in the season where they just didn't seem to be an escape route.
There's always the AFL Appeals Board or whatever it's called.

There's always the AFL Appeals Board or whatever it's called.

Which is what Patrick Cripps used to get away with his suspension much to the AFL's displeasure. At one point, the Swans tried to use the good guy clause thing and the AFL tried to argue it wasn't valid because they didn't submit the claim prior to the hearing which is what the rule says, but it seems the Tribunal considered the argument anyway. if the Tribunal had declined to rule on it, maybe they could have taken that refusal to the Appeals board

Debate going on at the moment as to what Simpson says to Harley Reid as he walks by him at the presser...
some hear 'you had your say' ... some hear 'you have to stay'
Thoughts?

Stupid ****ing clicking camera people with no game sense ruined the clarity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back