Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were set up correctly and I'm sure learnt a lot from all of our mistakes.
They started a year after us. I can't remember the concessions they got over and above ours. That might have been relevant for the first few years, I don't know. What about the other 20-odd years?

These blocking free kicks to Gawn are ridiculous. It's starting to remind me of our Hawthorn prelim when the umps were briefed in advance to look for reasons to pay frees against Ballas.
I'd rather not see Darcy being targetted and blocked from being involved in the play.

I'd rather not see Darcy being targetted and blocked from being involved in the play.

Did you see that second one? Gawn was mouthing off, one mutual bump, then SPP cuts across him once more as he runs back to the middle. If that's a free there would be 200 free kicks a game.

I still remember (I sound like Freomaniac now) that game against Carlton over there a few years ago where Eddie Betts was turning his back on the play and literally bear hugging two of our defenders at once so his KPFs could make a lead.

If those Port bumps were worth FKs and 50s, Eddie's was worth a suspension!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you see that second one? Gawn was mouthing off, one mutual bump, then SPP cuts across him once more as he runs back to the middle. If that's a free there would be 200 free kicks a game.
You referring to this one? where the umpire warns SPP and he does it again anyway?

I still remember (I sound like Freomaniac now) that game against Carlton over there a few years ago where Eddie Betts was turning his back on the play and literally bear hugging two of our defenders at once so his KPFs could make a lead.

If those Port bumps were worth FKs and 50s, Eddie's was worth a suspension!
still pissed off how that was laughed away as 'good forward craft' and shit like that

You referring to this one? where the umpire warns SPP and he does it again anyway?

Yes that one.

The umpire warns him not to do something that is never a free kick, so what?

The umpire can't just warn you he's going to pay a free against you if you drink out of your water bottle and then ping you if you do. That doesn't make it right.

Yes that one.

The umpire warns him not to do something that is never a free kick, so what?

The umpire can't just warn you he's going to pay a free against you if you drink out of your water bottle and then ping you if you do. That doesn't make it right.
Yeah that's rubbish. It's not in play.

Umpire's drunk with power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back