Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarryd Hayne had his charges withdrawn this year. The court case had been around since 2018, 6 years.
Pretty sure he spent time in the Big House.
Probably not the best person to dress up as, but the bloke has been cleared as a rapist in Court.
The thing I don't understand is what did they wear was it his Hayne 38 San Francisco NFL jersey.

Otherwise how else are you dressing up like him.

A Parramatta eels jersey.

Is wearing Hayne's 49ers jersery any worse then wearing a Michael Vick Philadelphia or Atlanta jersey.

I just don't understand this angle.

He isn't a convicted Rapist anymore weather you agree with it or not he isn't.

I was told from a close source a few months back Chad was keen to get back in WA and in purple.
As mentioned a few times on here, it doesn’t really matter what picks we have competing again WC as he will be out of contract so Sydney will be negotiating with whichever club he chooses.
Where we may struggle is the WC will be able to offer a shyte load more cash than we can. As much as he wants to play here, if they’re offering millions more over the length of his contract then 🤷‍♂️.
WC may see this as their only chance of retaining Harley so they’ll go large on the Chad.
They will of course also have to go even larger on Reid to retain him.
Half their cap on two players would be a joy to watch ! (If we get Kozzie instead).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have no doubt he'll be leaving at least $1m on the table to pick us over West Coast if he does. Probably closer to $2m if he chooses to stay in Sydney.

Our board isn't any different.
Yep, that's why its interesting.

There is only one determinant of where chad Warner goes and that is his choice of club.
Trading currency is totally irrelevant.
Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

I don’t think the AFL should be handing out fines for what happens in an offseason party in a private room, but mate, if you think it’s funny to dress up like the twin towers, which represents thousands of people who died, and someone pretending to rape a blow up doll is amusing to you then it says more about you than the AFL.

Rape is never funny. Terroist attacks and mass deaths are never funny.

I don’t normally get all serious here but your comment cannot be condoned. Disagree that AFL shouldn’t fine them (with which I would agree) because it ain’t their business as to what happens in a private party, but don’t insinuate that fines shouldn’t dished out because they were “just having fun”.

Fair dinkum Daddoo this post of yours is now the last one I’m reading in this thread.

If the Eagles trade for chad the Eagles blow their rebuild more than this year's trade period. Majority of their f18 team is aging with only a handful of quality young players. If they get Chad next year they are essentially giving up 2 years of the draft, no question.
They have 1 decent pick this year...next year all in for Chad?? I very much doubt it.

A lot will depend on how Hewitt, Ginbey, Long and Reid come on.
I’ve given upon Chester. The blokes a dud.

I think losing Barrass is going to kick them squarely in the nuts. They’re one Fatty injury away from complete disaster.

While Chad is 25 in 26 I’m not sure Baker and Graham will make enough of a difference to push them forward, even with Chad

West Coast's offer will probably stack up to a point where he'd be an idiot not to accept it, regardless of any footballing motivations.
Yeah that’s pretty much how I see it playing out

Especially when you add the likelihood his signature will basically double as THE major selling point in getting their boy wonder to commit as well - at least in the medium term anyway.

So with that it mind I honestly think they simply ask his management what it’s going take to turn his head towards lathlain and pretty much put forward an offer that basically covers it.

From their P.O.V they almost can’t afford not to

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back