Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

He stopped once the whistle was blown & immediately started backing up when the umpire was setting the mark at which point the player with the ball played on.
If he hadn’t immediately started retreating it would have been called. I thought it was to the letter of the law & followed the whistle. Can’t do more than that.
Mmm I kind of see it differently, he knew it was a mark and should have stopped a lot faster than he did. We had a fifty in exactly the same fashion last week.

The Collingwood player played on before he got back to the mark.
But what about Cox earlier in the game jumping forward of the mark when the Swans player was having a set shot? Swans player missed and should have been a 50.

Mmm I kind of see it differently, he knew it was a mark and should have stopped a lot faster than he did. We had a fifty in exactly the same fashion last week.

Yeah problem with that is if it’s touched off the kick and everyone stops around the player who took the non-mark instead of pressuring. I’m pretty sure the general instruction is still to play to the whistle.

But there have been so many situations of damned if you do, damned if you don’t this year, it’s been comical at times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outstanding first half from the GOAT - HR.

He’s had 6 disposals, started a brawl, wrestled several North players, and coughed up the ball several times.

But it doesn’t matter because his coach loves the way he plays!

Outstanding first half from the GOAT - HR.

He’s had 6 disposals, started a brawl, wrestled several North players, and coughed up the ball several times.

But it doesn’t matter because his coach loves the way he plays!
I dont think hes taking it seriously, hes going to be back in Victoria is no time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back