Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing new in this but looking at what we will do in trade period. Once we know Kosi is definitely off the table I reckon we will trade pick 10 and 18 for Bolton and hopefully Richmond will pay half his salary. Then we will trade pick 11 for Melbourne’s Future first and this years pick 28. That will give us 2 first rounders next year for Warner and hopefully salary space. Then that will leave us with 28 & 30 and some late picks to take to this draft which Cal Twomey says is super deep with players picked at 40 he reckons would have gone at 20 in previous drafts. If so I reckon you don’t need super high picks in this draft just enough picks under 35. I would be happy with getting Bolton and some salary cap space plus an extra first round next year and still have two picks below 35 to take to this super deep draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when is being a good person and winning premierships mutually exclusive?
I wouldn't say it mutually exclusive, but at the end of the day it's professional sport and it's a business. Generally in both if you can find a way to get a leg-up on the opposition you do it. If that means being ruthless at the trade table so be it. Geelong do it because they can, you know, farms etc.

Does Mackie come off as a massive flog to anyone else? Like Dodo negotiated hard, but he had some charisma and was fun to watch.

Mackie is just unlikable.
Notorious sledger on the field too. Which I found extraordinary as he was genuinely one of the few Geelong players of that era that avoided contact

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back