Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So far this weekend we’ve seen that teams with nothing to play for getting absolutely smashed by teams with something on the line, unfortunately for us, that means the Saints probably don’t beat the blues, they would make their first pick (and potentially their compo for Battle) two picks worse if they win. I see an honourable loss coming from them.
We need GWS to really want 2nd spot and home ground advantage in week one of the finals (yes if the lose they get to play Sydney and don’t travel, but if they win their opponent has to fly to Sydney).

So far this weekend we’ve seen that teams with nothing to play for getting absolutely smashed by teams with something on the line, unfortunately for us, that means the Saints probably don’t beat the blues, they would make their first pick (and potentially their compo for Battle) two picks worse if they win. I see an honourable loss coming from them.
We need GWS to really want 2nd spot and home ground advantage in week one of the finals (yes if the lose they get to play Sydney and don’t travel, but if they win their opponent has to fly to Sydney).
Yeah. We have had our fair share of results go our way earlier in the season and have no one to blame for this but ourselves. At the very least the first derby and the Essendon games should have been wins. If we don't get in then I hope the players take it on board and use it as fuel to have a big pre season and get better for next year.

Maybe not subconsciously quite as desperate but both teams will 100% be playing to win imo.

Maybe not subconsciously quite as desperate but both teams will 100% be playing to win imo.
I think GWS yes, they’ll want to beat a potential finals contender regardless of the ladder just to keep their form heading into finals, Saints I can see dropping off in the last quarter as they don’t have the motivation the blues have.

What a lovely day
Took wifey 2 the Queen vic markets
Walked the pooch along the Yarra, had a couple of beers at the Belgian beer Cafe
Came home 2 Mrs enjoying the terrace sized balcony (approx 5 x 3) & 10 floors up
Enjoyed some Coopers pale ale while doing some putting (balcony is covered with artificial grass) & listening 2 the cats vs evils game.
Mrs entertained the dog while enjoying our Buddha water feature

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
that you.........poshman?! :p

Absolutely agree about GWS preferring their opponent to come to their patch so they will go all out today.

I think RTB has a lot of pride and the position the Saints finish on the ladder would matter a great deal to him.
He will be wanting a top performance and the higher position finish is there for the taking.

I think GWS yes, they’ll want to beat a potential finals contender regardless of the ladder just to keep their form heading into finals, Saints I can see dropping off in the last quarter as they don’t have the motivation the blues have.
Say what you want about him, but I can't honestly see a Ross Lyon side giving up, especially with list spots up for grabs ahead of an important off season for the Saints. Plus, and this much cannot be understated: The others with nothing to play for weren't really even in the same league as their opponents anyway. St.Kilda however definitely are and there's a bit of historical context as to why St. Kilda will do Carlton absolutely no favours either.

Say what you want about him, but I can't honestly see a Ross Lyon side giving up, especially with list spots up for grabs ahead of an important off season for the Saints. Plus, and this much cannot be understated: The others with nothing to play for weren't really even in the same league as their opponents anyway. St.Kilda however definitely are and there's a bit of historical context as to why St. Kilda will do Carlton absolutely no favours either.
Ross is telling them how embarrassing North and WC are and how everyone is laughing at them and that that shit is not acceptable in his teams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not according to the VFL apologist commentators who instantly downgraded it to a fine because of every tenuous reason they could grasp at.
I know, disgusting commentary but it's a textbook suspension. AFL cannot give that a fine only with some of the massive suspensions handed out already this season for that very thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back