Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - apparently we were to big and mean (and paid off the umpires):

IRELAND coach Joe Kernan says Fremantle star Nat Fyfe should have been sent off for a dangerous forearm during Australia’s 53-50 International Rules win in Perth.

Kernan was highly critical of the quality of umpiring on display during the series.

The veteran coach believed his star player Michael Murphy had been unfairly targeted by Australia without receiving any protection from the umpires. And he said Fyfe’s forearm to the chest/neck of Ireland’s Aidan O’Shea should have been black-carded on Saturday night.

“It was a dangerous tackle — a forearm charge,” an angry Kernan said.

“I don’t know what the ruling for it is, but in our country it’s a sending off. “If someone charges and hits you under your chin with a forearm, that’s a dangerous tackle — that’s a sending off. A black card.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/63a8dbe8170993a9bc65974664c7664c
In fairness to him most sports throughout the world you're allowed to criticise the umpires.
Probably not aware of how serious we take any sort of questioning of any decisions.

Good to see a club recognize player needs and put them before their own need to win. Unlike Gold Coast Suns.

Still a better option than Stanley

Was a better KPF than Vardy Walker Brown Kersten Stanley Clark and any other average KPF that has come since him (Clark was the only one remotely in the same ballpark on talent but he had too many issues). Sometimes you don't know what you've got til it's gone

Was a better KPF than Vardy Walker Brown Kersten Stanley Clark and any other average KPF that has come since him (Clark was the only one remotely in the same ballpark on talent but he had too many issues). Sometimes you don't know what you've got til it's gone

Well PO.....you are about to experience this, because tomorrow, I am off to Thailand from a coolish Geneva, to lie in the sun, and gorge myself with Thai food and Bourbons.

I just know you'll miss me! :'(:p

:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might be a stupid question - but why was Pods their defensive coach?

Wouldn't it have made more sense for him to be a forward coach or were they hoping that he would teach the defenders about how forwards would play and hence how to play on forwards?

It seems a very Geelong thing to do - I'm guessing next year we will see Scarlett as our new forwards coach using this thinking

Well PO.....you are about to experience this, because tomorrow, I am off to Thailand from a coolish Geneva, to lie in the sun, and gorge myself with Thai food and Bourbons.

I just know you'll miss me! :'(:p

:thumbsu:

Ah gee wish i wish i could do that maybe when i am 60 and i can afford it by then Safe travels comrade.

This might be a stupid question - but why was Pods their defensive coach?

Wouldn't it have made more sense for him to be a forward coach or were they hoping that he would teach the defenders about how forwards would play and hence how to play on forwards?

It seems a very Geelong thing to do - I'm guessing next year we will see Scarlett as our new forwards coach using this thinking

Pods was too smart to want to coach Tex.

They have three plays for their forward line anyway, its either over the top to Jenkins, into the pocket for Eddie, or hope Tex can hold it at CHF.

What if they don't work? Well, 2017 GF happens.

I've always want wanted one of these forward line thingys over at Fremantle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back