Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

We are definitely still big time in the mix for the premiership this year. A lot of permutations for the final spots for us and everyone else.

If we can steal second spot then the two home finals will make us extremely formidable I think for any visiting teams in the finals.

I think the other advantage we potentially have is that there isn’t an all out dominant team like some years past (I’m not convinced about the swans being a super team)
I can't see us getting a top 2 spot sadly.

There are now 4 teams in front of us and only 2 of them have to win their remaining 2 games for us not to make top 2... to come >

1st Swans- Bombers(A), Crows(H).
2nd Port- Crows(H), Dockers(A).
3rd Giants- Dockers(H), Bulldogs(A).
4th Cats- Saints(A), Eagles(H).

Cats have an on paper easy run and should win the 2, Swans should win both as well. The Giants and Port both have a tough couple of games. We might not even make top 4 even if we win both our games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So has Gunston. So has Ginnivan. So has D'Ambrosio. So has Meek. Just brilliant, brilliant coaching.
Mitchell is one of the top coaches already IMO. Tactically and physiologically psychologically strong, I also like the way he keeps his team honest, but also praises as deserved.

Yep, the Hawks are well and truly our bogey team, they match up very well against us, if we are up against them in an Elimination Final at the Gabba I would go into the game dreading a straight out the door scenario.

Yep, the Hawks are well and truly our bogey team, they match up very well against us, if we are up against them in an Elimination Final at the Gabba I would go into the game dreading a straight out the door scenario.
Agree, we need to spend a bit of time studying how to defend their style of play.

Obviously not happy with yesterday, but please go and look at the 2003 finals series. Finished 3rd and got beaten in week 1 by the Pies and had to go the hard way, rest is history.
I don't think I've ever seen a season like we have had this year so no one has any idea what is going to happen. The old adage take it one week at a time is so appropriate right now.

If we can steal second spot then the two home finals will make us extremely formidable I think for any visiting teams in the finals.
Near on impossible unless all of the following occurs; Swans lose both games (ESS away / Crows home) and / or all of the following occur: Port lose one (Crows home / Freo away), Geelong lose one (Saints at Marvel / WCE home) and GWS lose one (Freo home / Dogs in Ballarat). Obviously we had our fate in our hands yesterday until we disappointingly squandered it.

Up until yesterday I was quite optimistic about our prospects particularly if we finished second.

There is now the very real prospect that we’ll get a Hawks or Dogs in week one of the finals and be out immediately. When we beat the Dogs they were nothing like they are now so I go in with no confidence.

Even if we say finish third or fourth, I can’t see us beating Swans in Sydney or Geelong in Melbourne and there’s no reason to suggest that we would in me view.

Up until yesterday I was quite optimistic about our prospects particularly if we finished second.

There is now the very real prospect that we’ll get a Hawks or Dogs in week one of the finals and be out immediately. When we beat the Dogs they were nothing like they are now so I go in with no confidence.

Even if we say finish third or fourth, I can’t see us beating Swans in Sydney or Geelong in Melbourne and there’s no reason to suggest that we would in me view.
Anybody can beat anybody on the day. Just need to make the finals first...

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back