Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Gerard didn't have Carlton in his seeds today. Goodness me, what is the world coming to.

Meanwhile my seeds remain as is, but my word it's tight at the top!

#1 - Sydney 129.86% (#1 in attack, #5 in defence - down 2). Leaking 90 points to an underwhelming Adelaide attack arguably not the best finals tune up.

#2 - Western Bulldogs 129.79% (#3 in attack, #1 in defence). Impressive against an albeit understrength Giants team. Just 0.07% separated them reclaiming the top seed!

#3 - Brisbane 125% (#2 in attack, #4 in defence - up 3)

#4 - Greater Western Sydney 116% (#6 in attack, #8 in defence)

With only 6 teams alive this time next week, this will be the last time I do the attack and defence seedings. Do yer own!

Geelong retain their #4 ranking in attack. 109%, #8 overall (down 1) and #12 defensively. Good to see the model doing what it's supposed to, and not getting sucked in by an annihilation of one of the bottom 3 teams.

On the defence side, St Kilda have finished at #2. 96%, #13 overall and #15 in attack. Hawthorn have rebounded back into the defensive seeds at #3 (up 2). 113%, #5 (up 1) overall and #9 (up 1) in attack. Melbourne slip back to #7 with a very poor performance in the final round. 102%, #12 overall (down 2) and #13 in attack.

The model has us beating Carlton (#11 overall, 105%, #5 in attack and #13 defensively) by 16 points.
Updated seeds after the first week of finals. All rankings are out of the 6 teams left in the running.

#1 - Sydney 129% (#1 in attack, #3 in defence)
#2 - Brisbane 125% (#3 in attack, #2 in defence)
#3 - Hawthorn 116.3% (#5 in attack, #1 in defence). Hawks get a nice boost from beating a highly ranked opponent in the Dogs.
#4 - Greater Western Sydney 116.2% (#4 in attack, #4 in defence)

And because I can...

#5 - Geelong 113% (#2 in attack, #6 in defence)
#6 - Port Adelaide 106% (#6 in attack, #5 in defence)

The model has us beating the Giants by 6 points, and Hawthorn beating Port by 8 points.

Updated seeds after the first week of finals. All rankings are out of the 6 teams left in the running.

#1 - Sydney 129% (#1 in attack, #3 in defence)
#2 - Brisbane 125% (#3 in attack, #2 in defence)
#3 - Hawthorn 116.3% (#5 in attack, #1 in defence). Hawks get a nice boost from beating a highly ranked opponent in the Dogs.
#4 - Greater Western Sydney 116.2% (#4 in attack, #4 in defence)

And because I can...

#5 - Geelong 113% (#2 in attack, #6 in defence)
#6 - Port Adelaide 106% (#6 in attack, #5 in defence)

The model has us beating the Giants by 6 points, and Hawthorn beating Port by 8 points.

Dear god, our season is over.

Bailey Smith has requested a trade. Time to wheel out Sam Power..... They say he's never been bested....

Bailey Smith has requested a trade. Time to wheel out Sam Power..... They say he's never been bested....
Is he a free agent of any kind or do Cats have to trade for him?

Cats have bugger all draft picks except a likely first rounder unless some players of any note would want to go to the kennel which I couldn't see why you would.

Is he a free agent of any kind or do Cats have to trade for him?

Cats have bugger all draft picks except a likely first rounder unless some players of any note would want to go to the kennel which I couldn't see why you would.

Cats will say give us your first pick with Bailey Smith and we'll pay some of Bont's salary. Win win.

What would Smith be worth? His early work was great but then seemed to stagnate a heap before his knee. Im not sure if that was just playing under Bevo or his poor skills just reached their ceiling.

Depends on the year but I find draft picks to be over rated. Would I rather a top 5 draft pick or Bailey Smith? I'd be taking Smith every day of the week, so for mine he's worth an early first round pick & second round draft pick (purely from a pick perspective).

What would Smith be worth? His early work was great but then seemed to stagnate a heap before his knee. Im not sure if that was just playing under Bevo or his poor skills just reached their ceiling.

It sucks ao much that he peaked in the 2021 semi final and never was anywhere near as good again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sucks ao much that he peaked in the 2021 semi final and never was anywhere near as good again
Laughed tonight watching AFL Tonight and they said he isn't asking a high amount of money for what you'd expect. I immediately thought, so what land deal, extra dollars in Cotton On sponsorship, other dodgy third party deal that is clearly notorious with Geelong is the VFL happy for them to get away with.

On a seperate note, I did see a graphic on Footy Furnace last night that in the past 20 years, both Sydney and Geelong have qualified for 17 finals campaigns out of 20 and then it was broken down further into flags, top 4, top 8, but still, they're both remarkable stats for both clubs.....hmm wonder why for the Cats

I wonder if the Hawthorn hype isn't getting a bit ahead of itself.
I found it nauseating like 3-4 months ago and its now at fever pitch where everything you watch and listen to is just this love fest about Hawthorn, hence why I've wanted them to be knocked down a few pegs for months......but yes, to there credit they just keep on.

He will.

And Port will huff and puff for 10 minutes.

Before losing by 100+ anyway.

Bookmark this.
Ha ha.

The bookies won't even let anyone on for real money.

Never seen everyone agree wholeheartedly . And get it right.

But maybe this time.

Comparing Port and Hawthorn from last week we need a 160 point turnaround.

You'd love to see it.

I’m still genuinely surprised why we even struggle with Hawthorn looking at their team but we do for reasons beyond me.
They are quick compared to ourselves who play a slow style which suits our list (ie not fast). It’s why we generally struggle v GWS as well.

We have never tried to take Sicily out of the game for some reason.

They are quick compared to ourselves who play a slow style which suits our list (ie not fast). It’s why we generally struggle v GWS as well.

We have never tried to take Sicily out of the game for some reason.
They're playing a different game to everyone else at the minute.

I can see it coming undone shortly but PA just looked completely spent last week.

Port will target Ginnivan and so they should. But there is no where safer for that smartass to be than on the football field. He will go limp and get rag-dolled in a wrestle early drawing a free.
First goal watch $.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back