Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Its fine for Gold coast. Clears a lot of salary.

I don't think it is massively beyond what Houston is worth, but the negotiation stance they took makes them look really, really bad.

Yeah agree.

Its a win for Pies.
I think its a win for GCS based on their clear objectives.
L for Port based on their posturing.

WAIT they haggled over pick 50???? HAHAHAHAHAHHAA

The port board was on this already yesterday:

First comment I read about it on the port board was basically "we've seen this before - we'll fold immediately from our tough stance as soon as we get a future third tacked onto the deal."

I hope Kern gets a lifetime contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sur eif thats great for Gold Coast for what they paid overs for Noble maybe clearing Rory Atkins salary makes it a win?

The port board was on this already yesterday:

Seen this guy referenced as reasonably in the know:

The deal didn't bloody change from last night!
It was incorrectly reported yesterday that pick 50 wasn't part of the deal, it was certainly part of the deal yesterday arvo based on who I spoke to. So I have absolutely no idea how the deal has changed.

Pick 50 will come in because of academy selections and what not, and I won't be surprised for them to package 50 and 36 for a pick in the 20s, but fücking hell this is massive under for a 2 time All-Australian and the fans have an absolute right to be irate.

Just watch them come out now and say that the draft pick value they got for Houston (13, 29 and 36) is equivalent to pick 3 or whatever the number is.

And FYI, the Board didn't get involved last night - that's a furphy.

The difference is port getting pick 50. Hahahaahahahahahahaha
Someone called it yesterday - Port pulls out and then it goes through with the addition of a third rounder

Straight from someone ITK on the Eagles board not sure of its validity but..

Apparently pick 12 and a F2 to North for Jack Darling and Curtis Taylor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back