Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Bailey Smith will change his mind about Geelong if he can go party with Clarry and Goodwin at Melbourne then we could see Trac and Bont in the same midfield

The only way this trade gets done this year is if a club gives up one of their own star players to snag him.

Yep, and that is hard to see happening as it is quite destabilising to try force our one of your better players in the hope of getting Petracca. What happens if Melbourne aren't happy with that player or other aspects of the offer?

Maybe Bailey Smith will change his mind about Geelong if he can go party with Clarry and Goodwin at Melbourne then we could see Trac and Bont in the same midfield
I think it's Carlton or bust from what I hear.

Judd had lunch with Pratt to secure his future.

Wonder who Trac's been seeing ?

Interested to see how Melbourne plays this. If he no wanna play there ,which he unequivocally doesn't , how long can they hold out before reality sets in.

You just can't afford to lose someone of his talent and capacity. They're going to have to satisfy their supporters somehow.

Just on what Sam Maclure put up I think that's very mischievous of him. The primary reasons are the club culture and particularly how he and his family perceived the lack of care when he got very seriously injured. The other reasons are just what might happen if he goes to say Carlton but not a significant motivating factor.

Matthew Lloyd saying at the end that he has spoken with other Melbourne players who believe it's best if Petracca moves on.

Bit of a risky move if Petracca doesn't come back the same player.
Agree after reading this article

“This must have been 3am in the morning. I didn’t know at the time; I was drugged up,” he said.

“Bella came to the ICU the next day and basically said that at three in the morning … we got the number off the surgeon because he called to say you might not make it. He’s in critical condition.

“Because there was internal bleeding and everything, so (I was) in serious and critical condition.

“Even since then, the last 6-7 weeks have been really tough on both of us … she’s been amazing for me since I first met her but just through this experience … I’ve got insomnia, I feel like, to be honest, I can’t sleep because of stuff like that … I’m having to see a trauma psych to deal with what’s going on.”

Petracca described the entire ordeal as “probably the most traumatic thing I’ve experienced in my life”.

“The trauma of everything … it’s actually not necessarily the incident of it, it’s the aftermath of it,” he said.

“The surgery in general was a really traumatic experience: being awake for it, internal bleeding, wasn’t able to be put to sleep under anaesthetic. I can think of every single thing happening at that time … That was quite tough.”

Petracca said he still had trouble sleeping and while he was adamant he would play again, he still had a long mental and physical recovery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen us mentioned as outsiders for petracca but i struggle to see who or what picks we could give up to make it happen.
Do we still have Tom Cutler?

Perhaps Dev Robertson and Harry Sharp and we'll throw in Jimmy Madden and a future 4th round pick to sweeten it.

Seen us mentioned as outsiders for petracca but i struggle to see who or what picks we could give up to make it happen.
I don't see it happening personally. I agree that I just don't see what we would or could give up to get him. Although he would strengthen our team, he probably doesn't fix any of our weaknesses. Anything we could give up for him, would quite possibly make our weaknesses more glaring.

You’d have to give up something like Rayner, Bailey and a young player like Wilmott. It’s a no from me.

Whatever club tries to trade for him would have to significantly weaken somewhere on the ground. He isn’t interested in going to spud clubs like north who might have really good draft capital etc.

If Carlton gave up McKay and Cerra they’re basically banking on curnow being injury free. If curnow gets injured they’re cooked.

You’d have to give up something like Rayner, Bailey and a young player like Wilmott. It’s a no from me.

Whatever club tries to trade for him would have to significantly weaken somewhere on the ground. He isn’t interested in going to spud clubs like north who might have really good draft capital etc.

If Carlton gave up McKay and Cerra they’re basically banking on curnow being injury free. If curnow gets injured they’re cooked.

I wouldn't ever try force Cam or Zac out, that's a bad approach to take. But if they said they were keen to do it I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Irrelevant for us, clearly doesn't want to leave melbourne. We are listed as an 'outsider' literally just because he had a coffee with Lachie lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back