Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't ever try force Cam or Zac out, that's a bad approach to take. But if they said they were keen to do it I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Irrelevant for us, clearly doesn't want to leave melbourne. We are listed as an 'outsider' literally just because he had a coffee with Lachie lol.

I don’t think it’d be just rayner for petracca. It’d be a bundle of our good players which imo is a bad idea if the culture and everything is otherwise harmonious….depite petracca being a game winner

I wouldn't ever try force Cam or Zac out, that's a bad approach to take. But if they said they were keen to do it I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Irrelevant for us, clearly doesn't want to leave melbourne. We are listed as an 'outsider' literally just because he had a coffee with Lachie lol.
Agree irrelevant for us but if it was relevant I'd be doing it.

I don’t think it’d be just rayner for petracca. It’d be a bundle of our good players which imo is a bad idea if the culture and everything is otherwise harmonious….depite petracca being a game winner

Yeah, I don't even think Rayner plus 2 first round picks from us would move the needle, assuming they are late teens picks (and we probably would need some later picks coming back from melbourne this year for our points purposes).

There's no combination of picks and players that we could put together.

We would never get him but with LAshcroft and Marshall coming in plus Linc coming back, you could consider Rayner AND Bailey for Trac plus some draft points. That said, he isn't coming and I reckon we haven't seen the best of either of Rayner or Bailey and with Petracca...we probably already have.

We would never get him but with LAshcroft and Marshall coming in plus Linc coming back, you could consider Rayner AND Bailey for Trac plus some draft points. That said, he isn't coming and I reckon we haven't seen the best of either of Rayner or Bailey and with Petracca...we probably already have.
I agree with others who have said we don't know if he will come back the same player or not. You wouldn't want to give up too much without knowing.

I'm not sure culturally we would want to lose Cam either.

Petracca's fairly driven and dedicated. Without knowing his medical condition it's something a young fit man would recover from. I'd say he has another 4-5 good years in him.

Anyone who was in a Premiership window would fall over themselves to get hold of him but of course you've got to weigh that up with the consequences of what you give away.

I think it's all well and good building a team around run off half back but the Giants do it well because they actually have some decent kicks in their team eg. Whitfield, Ash, Kelly, etc. Not sure that applies to the Suns

John Noble requests a trade to Suns!

Apparently Collingwood and Melbourne are interested in Lynch and Richmond are open to it.

If he could stay fit, Collingwood would be strengthened significantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Noble is a surprising one for me. He has been best 22 for the Pies all year hasn't he? I guess being dropped for the GF will always hurt.

John Noble is a surprising one for me. He has been best 22 for the Pies all year hasn't he? I guess being dropped for the GF will always hurt.

Collingwood could be about to cliff and Gold Coast are going up under Dimma. Would be a pretty good opportunity.

Living on the Gold Coast is the best gig in afl - especially for 20-somethings.

Collingwood could be about to cliff and Gold Coast are going up under Dimma. Would be a pretty good opportunity.

4 year deal with a likely salary bump you'd expect.

What a gold coast move though - he can hang out with Rory Atkins etc.

Yeah but he is a blood nut and we know how they cope in the hot sun.

Had a quick look at the Pies board and there thread on Noble and they all seem to think the Suns pick #20 will get the trade done.

Surely Noble wouldn't be worth that?
It's not so much he's worth that, moreso that they need that pick to get further up the draft.

I appreciate they want to get up the draft board, but you've got to be realistic to. Either way, I don't think they'll get pick 20 straight up for him but good luck to them.

Could probably get someone at pick 20 who can play at a similar level to Noble next year and play for 10 years longer

Absolutely dreaming.

No way we would have the trade capital or the future salary cap space for Christian Petracca.

The Demons would be asking a massive price eg. the Ashcroft brothers and Kai Lohmann for Petracca, and that would be insanity from us.

Had a quick look at the Pies board and there thread on Noble and they all seem to think the Suns pick #20 will get the trade done.

Surely Noble wouldn't be worth that?

Never, ever underestimate Gold Coast's ability to drastically overpay in a trade.

This Petraca story is insane!
He says he wants to go to a “big Melbourne club”
I don’t see how any of them have the capital to trade for him.
McKay for Petracca is ridiculous.
But can Melbourne keep him if he’s adamant that he wants out?
If I were running the dees, I’d be holding him to his contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back