Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

We were never going to take anyone else in that draft... IMO if we had pick 1 we would have taken Schache over Weitering anyway.
The one that was mooted at the time was some smaller percentage of the recruiting team were keen on Oliver at pick 2, but while it was at least a discussion the clear consensus was Schache.

Melbourne were able to push out if the depth of their decades of despair for a time but they were always destined to return to the mean. Welcome back rabble Dees.

Melbourne were able to push out if the depth of their decades of despair for a time but they were always destined to return to the mean. Welcome back rabble Dees.
The season after their flag IIRC they were 10-0 and pundits were declaring an unbeaten season coming up and a dominant era, been downhill ever since.

#StraightSets

Last edited:
The season after their flag IIRC they were 10-0 and pundits were declaring an unbeaten season coming up and a dominant era, been downhill ever since.

#StraightSets
Even during that 10 they were just looking nothing like the year before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would've thought he's a poor man's Sicily. Doesn't play on decent forwards
I guess that that's the main hole in their team. They need someone actually tall to lock down and free Sicily up

Although unless Lewis gets fit they probably still dont have the talls to really impact a whole year

They're connected to Houston as well
Per the SEN video I posted earlier I assume which they said the link to the Saints was Sinclair and Houston are close with the former having the latter in his bridal party and then the other tenuous link was because Houston played junior footy with Silvagni that Carlton must be an option.

The trade rumours do make humourous listening.

Per the SEN video I posted earlier I assume which they said the link to the Saints was Sinclair and Houston are close with the former having the latter in his bridal party and then the other tenuous link was because Houston played junior footy with Silvagni that Carlton must be an option.

The trade rumours do make humourous listening.
Silvagni senior is list boss at the Saints now. There’s no link to Carlton, it’s double the links to Saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back