Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the theatrics of Ken going after Ginnivan but from a professional point of view as a coach it isn’t going to help your cause in luring any Hawks player to the club in the future. You should never burn bridges as a coach with any opposition. What if Day requested a move back to SA in a couple years as an example? How much respect would Hinkley have from Day in that scenario? I believe the success we’ve had in luring so many quality players to our club is on the back of the respect Fages shows to opposition players win or lose post match(Although in typing this I did just remember Fages yelling at Port players from the boundary at AO when they were harassing Neale as he ran off the ground😂).

Sam Mitchell carrying on in the post match presser about Hinkley picking on poor “young” Ginnivan is a joke though. If you can dish it out you need to take it.

Also funny seeing some of the media already jumping on Hinkley. They want players and coaches to show personality and not just give vanilla, cliche responses in interviews ect. but when they do go against the grain they pile on them.

Last edited:

The Hawks have got a real entitlement thing going.

Mitch is being really churlish and disrespectful to the opposition.

This loss is killing them.

Even worse were the VFL commentators blatantly barracking for the Hawks. You have to be a pretty annoying team to be more annoying than Port.

The Hawks have got a real entitlement thing going.

Mitch is being really churlish and disrespectful to the opposition.

This loss is killing them.
It's great isn't it. Hopefully they will head out of the 8 next year as well.

Love the theatrics of Ken going after Ginnivan but from a professional point of view as a coach it isn’t going to help your cause in luring any Hawks player to the club in the future. You should never burn bridges as a coach with any opposition. What if Day requested a move back to SA in a couple years as an example? How much respect would Hinkley have from Day in that scenario?

Sam Mitchell carrying on in the post match presser about Hinkley picking on poor “young” Ginnivan is a joke though. If you can dish it out you need to take it.

Also funny seeing some of the media already jumping on Hinkley. They want players and coaches to show personality and not just give vanilla, cliche responses in interviews ect. but when they do go against the grain they pile on them.
I loved it. I wouldn't want our coach or Captain doing it but it was great entertainment. And what's the damage to anyone ?

Except we found out Sicily and Mitch are really sore losers.

Kenny lives another day.
Kyle Broflovski Shrug GIF by South Park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course the commentators are going to be devastated, no Melbourne team left. The AFL finished tonight for its biggest audience, well of course Geelong are ‘honorary’ Melbourne now of course.

I assume there will be more calls for academies to be disbanded given three northern state sides are left in the final 5.

But it really was interesting to see Hawthorn struggle with the pressure tonight, first time in weeks they played like a nervous team. Port’s pressure was fantastic too.

Guessing Geelong are the last, best hope for the south-eastern corner folks?

Assuming we win tomorrow let's hope the refs don't get that memo for the week after!
What I find laughable is that most folk I know in Victoria don’t want fellow Victorian teams to succeed like the media seem to think that they do. And they certainly don’t want it rammed down their throats like the VFL media is so good at doing.

They were always going come out harder this week Port but there’s no doubt that they came out 15-20% harder than what they would have if that rat Ginnivan hadn’t revved them up.
Nice one Jacky boy!

I really think the body language and antics of Ginnivan and the other little guy who's really full of himself when they kick a goal does not do much except fire up the opposition to go harder.
Imagine being a sheep like so many Hawks fans are buying those ridiculous hats for that ducker.

What a sook is Sam Mitchell in the presser and that VFL flog Mitch Cleary having a sook on behalf of Hawthorn because they can’t take their own medicine because of that big bad man Kenny. It’s all so ingratiating.

Winners are grinners. Sicily should have just shut his mouth and chaired Breust off.

Tbh, if you're going to talk shit. You can't complain when the opposition talk shit back after putting you on your arse.

Hope Kenny gets a warning and that's all. It's an entertainment industry after all.
You also know the VFL will insert themselves in this and issue please explains and stick up for their shiny toy in Hawthorn and Laura Kane to also grandstand as she always does.

What I find laughable is that most folk I know in Victoria don’t want fellow Victorian teams to succeed like the media seem to think that they do. And they certainly don’t want it rammed down their throats like the VFL media is so good at doing.
I am not worried about the media or the fans being pro or anti Geelong or us ... as long as the refs aren't... reminded... how good it is 'for footy' to have a Vic team in the Granny!

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back