Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing Ken has always done is get his team up in a big emotional way. After the media battering, the arrogant Hawks played into his ability to set the "us against the world" narrative. His players came out breathing fire against that.

Problem has always been maintaining that rage. They struggle to keep playing that way for weeks at a time
Indeed. But now they only need to sustain it for 2 more.

I thought the Suns avoided making a decision on Dusty but looks like it is back in the picture.
The amount he is asking if true may be worth it for a potential membership and crowd boost.
The figure $350-$500k could be true as he won't make that sort of money outside footy.
One year with a fairly reasonable trigger should be enough. He will turn 35 in June 2026
He is not a media person so can't fall into that lucrative position
He certainly would not be in the bottom six players at the Suns next year.

He did not play in the Tigers only 2 wins in 2024. He played in 10 wins and a draw the year before.
For a player used to playing in a successful team, year 2024 was probably tough.
His stats for the year are okay for a player whose heart was just not in it, apart from making 300 games.
He also would have had retirement in mind either before or after getting to that milestone.

1726288694604.png

Onya Ken; heard a Sicily interview today and again he double downed on what a flog he is and ignoring that if you live in glass houses, don't throw stones.

So why hasn't the VFL issued a 'please explain' to Captain Sensitive?

That being said, some of the Victorian media members are embarrassing themselves in defedning Hawthorn, Ginnivan, Sicily and Mitchell whilst going after Ken.

This coming from Dermot Brereton, one of the biggest dirtiest gutless thugs you'd see in the VFL coming out with this who even now when he commentates gets all up and about when there is a tiff as if he owns that space:

The AFL action came as Hawthorn great Dermott Brereton became the latest former star to condemn the behaviour of Hinkley, describing his actions as “dreadful” given his status as a senior coach.

“The question is about his inability to control his emotions after a game. Be a humble loser. Be a gracious winner,” Brereton said on SEN.

“I come from a school where I’ve learned from great men — John Kennedy Snr, Allan Jeans, Ron Barassi — and you are gracious in winning. I just thought it was dreadful.

“And as I say, he’s a fantastic bloke, but you cannot lead 40-something men if you behave like this.”
Brereton does not believe Hinkley should be sanctioned by the AFL and said he deserved credit for apologising soon after the sledging.

But the five-time premiership Hawk, who served as a director on the club’s board for almost a decade, said it was a poor look for Port Adelaide and believes Hinkley will be admonished by the Power’s executive.

“The apology does not expunge the crime. It is the only course of action Ken could take is to apologise straight away,” Brereton said.

“The problem lies with the club. This is not how you want your club represented. Leave that to the people in the stands who are shouting out over the top of their stubby or their beers. Leave it to them. Leave it to the players if they have angst that with each other.

“But the coach has to be beyond reproach. He must be a pillar of the society that is that football club and he let himself down and he can’t resile from that.

“This is your club representative, the man who is the icon of your club at this time making those comments. It is a poor representation. He is a wonderful fella, but he deserved to do better in the moment.”

I agree and its even more laughable that Hawthorn, its supporters and apologists in the media and on BigFooty accept as much too. Aker may have gone too far at times, but I doubt he gave an opposition as much to work with than that chirpy self-entitled Ginnivan provided.

Your link also contains Leigh Matthews thoughts on the matter.

Your link also contains Leigh Matthews thoughts on the matter.

I listened to that; Leigh is so great to listen to on just about any topic on the game and as alsways bang on.

This coming from Dermot Brereton, one of the biggest dirtiest gutless thugs you'd see in the VFL coming out with this who even now when he commentates gets all up and about when there is a tiff as if he owns that space:
This is hysterical.

From a bloke who used to smash people in the face.

Seriously what's the go with this outrage from all these ex hawk players ? They all sound like self entitled 12 year olds.

Not sure where to post this but it caught my eye because it’s a shot of the Brunswick Street Oval grandstand (at least for me…maybe it’s targeted as i live in the area!).

Anyone involved in local footy, Bunnings are giving away 5 x $50K grants to local footy clubs. Applications/entries close 29-September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do we think Port will go against Sydney? Haven’t lost to Sydney since 2016.

It’s quite interesting the situation with Ken Hinkley and so many port fans wanting him sacked - there are 12 or 13 “Sack Hinkley” threads already on their BigFooty board.

He has gone 12 years as a coach without a GF appearance, but regularly has them in finals.

If they lose this week, is it another finals failure and time for a new coach?

What if Port wins? I don’t think they willl despite the 8 year streak, but do they keep Ken if so? Anything can happen in finals as the weekend has shown.

The nightmare scenario for the “Sack Hinkley” faction seems to be a narrow loss in the PF or GF and keeping Ken, and they’d prefer the extremes of either a flag or a finals thrashing.

I find this situation quite bizzare.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s quite interesting the situation with Ken Hinkley and so many port fans wanting him sacked - there are 12 or 13 “Sack Hinkley” threads already on their BigFooty board.

He has gone 12 years as a coach without a GF appearance, but regularly has them in finals.

What if Port wins? I don’t think they willl despite the 8 year streak, but do they keep Ken if so? Anything can happen in finals as the weekend has shown.

The nightmare scenario for the “Sack Hinkley” faction seems to be a narrow loss in the PF or GF and keeping Ken, and they’d prefer the extremes of either a flag or a finals thrashing.

Some of Port Adelaide's footy this year has been outstanding and some atrocious, if we were to win our Prelim I honestly don't have a preferred opponent for the GF.

Swans will need at least a 113 point turn around from their last meeting only 5 weeks ago.

Some Port people think that they have an almost automatic right to premierships, which is extremely hard to achieve in the AFL (just ask St Kilda supporters). The irony will be if they do sack Ken this year, they miss the finals for the next few years and some of the Victorian players leave.

The AFL are such suckholes.

This was nearly the highlight of the year.

They should say let's see more of it.

It could have been even better if Sicily had run up to Kenny and had a bit of push and shove. I thought he was almost going to.
I thought Sicily was the aggressive one , he was still angry from missing the winning goal and not being lauded as a hero .

Campbell Brown is the first Hawthorn person I have heard saying that he enjoyed the whole thing, that Ginnivan needs to be able to take it if he can dish it out etc.

I don't care what anyone says, I think Port are a very big chance of knocking over Sydney.

Eight on the trot since 2016 has to have a psychological "bogey" team effect on Sydney and let's not forget that 112 point number Port did on the Swans only a few weeks ago.

That's recent history too, not some ancient history stat.

Remember when we couldn't beat Richmond forever, even when we were arguably as good if not better than them?

Now we have a dreadful record against the Hawks for ages despite us being contenders most of the time and them being rubbish until recently

I think Sydney have a big mental hurdle to overcome playing Port and wouldn't be at all surprised if Port get the job done

I don't care what anyone says, I think Port are a very big chance of knocking over Sydney.

Eight on the trot since 2016 has to have a psychological "bogey" team effect on Sydney and let's not forget that 112 point number Port did on the Swans only a few weeks ago.

That's recent history too, not some ancient history stat.

Remember when we couldn't beat Richmond forever, even when we were arguably as good if not better than them?

Now we have a dreadful record against the Hawks for ages despite us being contenders most of the time and them being rubbish until recently

I think Sydney have a big mental hurdle to overcome playing Port and wouldn't be at all surprised if Port get the job done
I'd like to think so.

I'm just not sure they're much good with the players they have out. Everyone overrated Hawthorn imo. Once someone manned them up and put pressure on they got found out and sucked in to the contest. Their post game reaction showed they fully expected to win easily.

I don't reckon Sydney will fall for the same tactics and they're just much better than Hawthorn anyway.

But yes. Per chance we made it through you'd love to be facing Port whom we'll all be barracking for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back