Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated seeds after the first week of finals. All rankings are out of the 6 teams left in the running.

#1 - Sydney 129% (#1 in attack, #3 in defence)
#2 - Brisbane 125% (#3 in attack, #2 in defence)
#3 - Hawthorn 116.3% (#5 in attack, #1 in defence). Hawks get a nice boost from beating a highly ranked opponent in the Dogs.
#4 - Greater Western Sydney 116.2% (#4 in attack, #4 in defence)

And because I can...

#5 - Geelong 113% (#2 in attack, #6 in defence)
#6 - Port Adelaide 106% (#6 in attack, #5 in defence)

The model has us beating the Giants by 6 points, and Hawthorn beating Port by 8 points.
The seeds are getting simpler now as we get towards the pointy end!

#1 - Sydney 128%
#2 - Brisbane 125%
#3 - Geelong 113%
#4 - Port Adelaide 107%

The model has us beating Geelong by 9 points, and Sydney beating Port by 17 points.

The seeds are getting simpler now as we get towards the pointy end!

#1 - Sydney 128%
#2 - Brisbane 125%
#3 - Geelong 113%
#4 - Port Adelaide 107%

The model has us beating Geelong by 9 points, and Sydney beating Port by 17 points.
How accurate have these prediction model tips been over the course of the season/finals Grasshopper?

Fortunately, given we were linked to him, but Midweek Tackle reporting Geelong is interested in Carlton’s Jack Martin.

Fortunately, given we were linked to him, but Midweek Tackle reporting Geelong is interested in Carlton’s Jack Martin.
I had some interest when he was leaving GC, but we are well covered for medium forwards now with Lohmann, Ah Chee etc. Rosas too who we were linked to also seems to be staying put.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How accurate have these prediction model tips been over the course of the season/finals Grasshopper?
Probably not very 😂

I haven't been keeping track to tell the truth. Honestly my model is more geared around generating seeds than tips. I'll look to improve this during the off season.

Given Geelong fans much hyped rating of their side on various threads atm - cannot see why they would want/need him other than to keep the av age of their squad up given he is 29. Bizarre.

This is what I hate about Barrett. Once he doesn't like something, it's like a never-ending axe grinding against that player or club. He'll keep going even next season and keep extrapolating back to "Brand Petracca" even if Petracca sneezes down the track. Horrible journalism.

1726784853071.png

This is what I hate about Barrett. Once he doesn't like something, it's like a never-ending axe grinding against that player or club. He'll keep going even next season and keep extrapolating back to "Brand Petracca" even if Petracca sneezes down the track. Horrible journalism.

View attachment 2115387
Major discussion point across multiple SEN shows yesterday.

View attachment 2115387
It's another media beat up, Petracca would have run this training camp by the power brokers at the Demons.

He has been through a near death experience, give the guy a break, it's not as though he is going to Las Vegas or Bali for rampant partying.

It's another media beat up, Petracca would have run this training camp by the power brokers at the Demons.

He has been through a near death experience, give the guy a break, it's not as though he is going to Las Vegas or Bali for rampant partying.

It's not the first time he has done one of these overseas camps in the offseason. Top line players tend to come back fit and firing through the entire next season. Whatever they do on these camps works well. An important time in his career with all the uncertainty over his future.

It's not the first time he has done one of these overseas camps in the offseason. Top line players tend to come back fit and firing through the entire next season. Whatever they do on these camps works well. An important time in his career with all the uncertainty over his future.
One of his midfield teammates would be served very well to go to one.
Really it is a guy putting his career and next season above getting on the piss at an awards night with his teammates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back