Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If toby greenes only issue is simply dressing up as ray gun then I’m not sure why that’s an issue. Must be something else to it

No surprise Dangerfield wasn't fined for his lack of leadership then when Stengle passed out weeks back and needed to be carried out of a venue.

The double standards of the VFL is astounding and even more so when the trio of muppets in Dillon, Kane and Meade took control.

The Tigers at the moment have selections 1, 10, 11, 18, 20 and 24.

I assume they will either bundle a couple of those up to move up the draft board or trade a couple out for selections in the 2025 draft.

No surprise Dangerfield wasn't fined for his lack of leadership then when Stengle passed out weeks back and needed to be carried out of a venue.

The double standards of the VFL is astounding and even more so when the trio of muppets in Dillon, Kane and Meade took control.

Did stengle pass out at an official club function? Was Dangerfield there and did he do nothing to put a stop to whatever happened?

The hold the cats have over the local media on Geelong is a very fair criticism. Not sure how it is relevant here though.

Did stengle pass out at an official club function? Was Dangerfield there and did he do nothing to put a stop to whatever happened?

The hold the cats have over the local media on Geelong is a very fair criticism. Not sure how it is relevant here though.
Are Mad Monday "official" functions like B&F's now?

I've been in a long term private chat and a poster from the west who is usually pretty good with his info said that the issue was mostly inappropriate jokes.. also one of the players dressed up as Raygun.

Surely no one would get suspended for inappropriate jokes.... has to be more to it.
The AFL is being run by lawyers at the moment, all they care about IMO is liability, we see it with head knocks etc.

Have you not seen people picket comedians etc. of course someone could be suspended for inappropriate jokes. An irony of course is a Muslim AFLW player refusing to take part in pride round but we have seen huge fallouts with people of other religions taking the same or similar stance.

If toby greenes only issue is simply dressing up as ray gun then I’m not sure why that’s an issue. Must be something else to it
He is being fined for not being a good leader. AFL should be careful here, they don't want to set the precedent of fining leaders for poor leadership, given its current leadership.

ETA: Fining not signing

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toby has a number of issues, and got off very lightly for the most serious of them about a decade ago (quotes from a 2019 article):

GWS Giants footballer Toby Greene is being sued over a drunken attack on a bouncer at a Melbourne bar more than five years ago that has left the victim unable to work.

Mornington man Terrence Payne was working as a security guard at Zagame's Caulfield restaurant in May 2014, when he was assaulted by Greene and a friend after they were refused service of alcohol.

"The plaintiff was dragged down stairs, repeatedly punched and kicked, struck with a crutch, pushed to the ground, pinned on the ground, and placed in a choke-hold and/or headlock manoeuvre using legs," the court documents show.

A court fine with a guilty plea and a 5 match AFL ban.

I'm not sure what he is being fined for here (or fined for not stopping) - but sick of the suggestion of a 'toby tax.'

Bad person, bad behaviour on the field repeatedly that he often avoided punishment for (eye gouging against the dogs in 2019 finals a good example, got no punishment and then went and did it again in the semi final against us!). Great footballer and a worthy AA captain though!

Toby has a number of issues, and got off very lightly for the most serious of them about a decade ago (quotes from a 2019 article):

I'm not sure what he is being fined for here (or fined for not stopping) - but sick of the suggestion of a 'toby tax.'

Bad person, bad behaviour on the field repeatedly that he often avoided punishment for (eye gouging against the dogs in 2019 finals a good example, got no punishment and then went and did it again in the semi final against us!). Great footballer and a worthy AA captain though!

5 match ban lol.

Should have been a lengthy prison sentence.

Leave Toby alone. Anyone who comes for my boy Toby goes through me.

So many memorable moments from my GOAT

#FreeToby

What a trade year it has been. In normal years pick 23 would have been enough for Dan Rioli...now its pick 23 AND pick 6.

Wonder if richmond list boss has nudes on every person involved in afl with these fleeces.

With what the Eagles, Dockers and Suns gave up for their trade ins I'm expecting the Cats to have to give up a motza to get Bailey Smith in... at his best every bit as good if not better than the likes of Liam Baker, John Noble, Shai Bolton and Dan Rioli.

#PonyUp

The Tigers at the moment have selections 1, 10, 11, 18, 20 and 24.

I assume they will either bundle a couple of those up to move up the draft board or trade a couple out for selections in the 2025 draft.
I wouldn’t and wouldn’t.

First two picks (1 & 6) will get them pretty good mids.

Then 10 & 11 will get them a very good small forward & halfback.

18, 20, 23 & 24 will get them some good KPP kids and whatever else they need list wise.

Next years draft after the top 10, will be heavily compromised. I would expect everyone second pick between 11 & 30 to be a father son or academy kid. Probably the same with the next 10 picks or so as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back