North Bashing SEN Guess who

Remove this Banner Ad

It was greg denham -

Details -

They opened with Collingwood being the most innovative smartest club in the league - then it somehow got onto North. He started comparing what we are doing and what they are doing.

They then played a clip by boomer On the Couch stating how we get a raw deal from the media etc...

Then it began we just got slammed - by callers as well.

He stated that Melbourne did a better job of drumming up their players promoting positive press.

He bagged boomer over carrying on about the draw.

Then finally a 56 year member (older lady) rang up and drilled him - it was special and he had nothing to say.

It just gets to me how much we are getting dragged through the dirt by these people who have an agenda against us. Something has to change and soon.

Yes we can play good footy and develop into a powerful team - but we cant just sit back anymore and cop this.

This is the list of people on my hate list - Greg Denham, Patrick Smith, Caroline Wilson, Mark Allen, Jon Ralph and I may be missing a few more.

We are just the easy target.

Nothing is going to be said about the Bulldogs because they are performing. Nothing is going to be said about Melbourne because of Jim Stynes illness.

Richmond have one a couple of games so the pressure is off them.

I get pissed off when every positive is turned into a negative.

It's almost like these journalists missed out on their performance bonus because we didn't go to the GC.

Good on Connie who was the caller who got stuck into Denham. His response to her was are you a member. She followed up with how she is a social club member, cheer squad member and Schimma member.

We are just the easy target.

Nothing is going to be said about the Bulldogs because they are performing. Nothing is going to be said about Melbourne because of Jim Stynes illness.

Richmond have one a couple of games so the pressure is off them.

Yep.

What some people seem to forget is that these morons have to justify their existence in a grossly overpopulated market (AFL journalism).

In stating that then I declare that Wilson, Denham, Smith etc., will never wear down my support for the NMFC.

I wouldn't give the bastards the pleasure.

Whenever Collingwood get bagged, Eddie is on the phone defending his club. I know we cannot do this every time someone bags our club but i don't think we have a choice.
At the beginning when Brayshaw and Eugene took over, they used to ring the radio stations and defend the club, but lately most have been very silent, especially in regards to the Tassie story.

This is the list of people on my hate list - Greg Denham, Patrick Smith, Caroline Wilson, Mark Allen, Jon Ralph and I may be missing a few more.

Has there every been a greater list of no-name non-footballing ability, puff-piece writing (under the guise of opinion), trash talking clowns?
Seriously, Greg and Patrick Who-T-F are they?.....both so irrelevant they may as well be the same dude/chick.
CW is some weird "man-lady" with anger issues.....and who also, for some reason known only to herself, thought her teeth were what made her somewhat unattractive. Would've been cheaper to buy 20 years worth of paper bags with the eyes cut out.
Mark Allen-?????? is he an ex-golfer?.....Yeah he knows his footy.
John Ralph- What an accomplished footballer this bloke was??????????

WHO THE F%$K are these people? Don't rate a thing any of them says.
FFS we may as well take Hutchy's word as gospel also.....gutter journalism at it's finest.

Has there every been a greater list of no-name non-footballing ability, puff-piece writing (under the guise of opinion), trash talking clowns?
Seriously, Greg and Patrick Who-T-F are they?.....both so irrelevant they may as well be the same dude/chick.
CW is some weird "man-lady" with anger issues.....and who also, for some reason known only to herself, thought her teeth were what made her somewhat unattractive. Would've been cheaper to buy 20 years worth of paper bags with the eyes cut out.Mark Allen-?????? is he an ex-golfer?.....Yeah he knows his footy.
John Ralph- What an accomplished footballer this bloke was??????????

WHO THE F%$K are these people? Don't rate a thing any of them says.
FFS we may as well take Hutchy's word as gospel also.....gutter journalism at it's finest.
LB2Snake. You've made my day. A Ripping Post and in particular the highlighted had me in stitches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think lately Caro seems to have mellowed or matured a little.
Fatp.ick is a recalcitrant.
Greg Denham is a wannabe, who's destined for irrelevance.
We have been down for 10 years.
Once the team starts performing these clowns will go after someone else. The problem is the media has a lot of relevance, most people get ALL their news and views from the media. If JB and Euge respond all the time, it comes across as defensive and negative whinging. The team performance on the field will make the biggest difference

The team performance on the field will make the biggest difference

Agree but sadly I think 35K members and reasonable turnups against interstate sides are also required if we are to really put these losers to bed.

On a positive though we will get this if our current list keeps developing the way they are. Need the attendances to close out the 'successful but still no one comes' angle that they clamour for when things are on the up.

Unprincipled maggots the lot of them.

this is getting ridiculous though.

It's so predictable, every time Greg Denham gets on, you know he's going to have a crack at us. He said we've had a good draw because playing interstate games at home has allowed us to win games so Harvey shouldn't complain ... as mentioned, they had cut to Boomer.

He then explained that Collingwood is working with the Department of Immigration to hand out Collingwood packs at naturalisation ceremonies. They include free tickets to games when Collingwood hosts interstate clubs. He said they were the most innovative club in the AFL as a result.

Denham was then particularly vitriolic in his comments about North's administration and Arocca and their/his supposed lack of initiative. It was clearly stage managed as Pert then came on and Denham said,

"g'day Perty" ... tell us about your great scheme and tell us how other melbourne clubs are failing ... oh sorry I dont want to put you in the gun"

Pert did not bag other clubs, but he did let the cat out of the bag. He mentioned that the AFL had a big involvement in this project. Clearly Pert wanted to give credit to the AFL. This compromised Greg Denham's story and he went very quiet about this aspect. So it's not so much a Collingwood thing, it's an AFL thing.

So the AFL gives the Pies the high profile time slots and also helps them recruit new immigrants.

There is clearly a sustained campaign going on and i think Arocca needs to come out and talk about next year's draw now.

He then explained that Collingwood is working with the Department of Immigration to hand out Collingwood packs at naturalisation ceremonies. They give them free tickets to games when Collingwood hosts interstate clubs. He said they were the most innovative club in the AFL as a result.

Denham was then particularly vitriolic in his comments about North's administration and Arocca and their/his supposed lack of initiative. It was clearly stage managed as Pert then came on and Denham said,

Could you imagine his reaction if we were handing out free tickets to games??
We would be desperate, not innovative.

Lack of initiative on North's part?!!?? Christ, we couldn't be more innovative if we tried. Was he asleep the day Euge brought up the Ballarat scenerio?Imagine how he'd crap on if Collingwood wanted to do the same.

The first time I heard him tee off on North was when the club wouldn't conduct the Gibson trade process through the media. That seemed to really piss him off.

The guy needs to put the past behind him, let go of the hate and relax. All this angst can't be good for his health.:thumbsdown:

my opinion on footy journos is pretty simple, if they all agreed with each other then we would only need a handful of them....which is a pity because the majority dont have an original thought between them.

By being inflammatory they create a reaction and people listen / read.

Im sure the editors know that the reaction by North supporters is not going to be complimentary but they figure that we will bite and create a newsworthy reaction.

The best outcome is probably the hardest, dont bite and call or email the station, if no one responds then you would think the station would think that the story is off little interest and look for another target.

On Eddie, as much as I love what Eugene has done for the club I think its a simple as Eddie having the media contacts and having the profile that gets him air time. He gets sought out for comment when the Pies are mentioned .

Whilst Eug speaks brilliantly and presents well he probably doesnt have on air presence that polarises viewers like Eddie does. And polarising viewers is what its all about!

what was she saying ?

She just said we are sick to death of hearing you berate our club, its a disgrace, your pathetic, all you do is berate my great football club - she just didnt let him get a word in. She was a very proud, loyal north supporter who was hurting - as we all are.

Remove this Banner Ad

North Bashing SEN Guess who

Remove this Banner Ad

Back