North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

what ive heard so far..
Boort: Out: Rutleys/Lance/Leigh (and if everything goes to plan, Wilson) Luke Cooney ive heard a whisper about too..
Birchip: Haven't heard much at all
Charlton: As above
Donald: Out: Clarke? Wilkins, Rhodes, Mibus? Wade? (qtn marks not confirmed)
St Arnaud: Out: Sam Price/Atkinson in Daniel Walsh (and a few unconfirmed others...ill have more info tomorrow
Wedderburn: Whispers of Shev's possible return, Hutton Out, Connors out??

theres probably more i havent' mentioned,but those are some reported changes

what ive heard so far..
Boort: Out: Rutleys/Lance/Leigh (and if everything goes to plan, Wilson) Luke Cooney ive heard a whisper about too..
Birchip: Haven't heard much at all
Charlton: As above
Donald: Out: Clarke? Wilkins, Rhodes, Mibus? Wade? (qtn marks not confirmed)
St Arnaud: Out: Sam Price/Atkinson in Daniel Walsh (and a few unconfirmed others...ill have more info tomorrow
Wedderburn: Whispers of Shev's possible return, Hutton Out, Connors out??

theres probably more i havent' mentioned,but those are some reported changes

Where did you pick Daniel Walsh up from Master?

The young fella is definately training downat Geelong and congratulations to him.

Although some of you guys need to realise that the VFL side does not mean they are looking to draft him. Geelong is the same set up as Bendigo Bombers with an AFL side (Essendon) and then the VFL side.

Geelong VFL side do their own recruiting as do the Bendigo Bombers. I wonder if the Bendigo Bombers had a chat to him or not???

So he's done very well to get an invite down to Geelong and good luck to him, but try not to get confused between the AFL and the VFL.

The young fella is definately training downat Geelong and congratulations to him.

Although some of you guys need to realise that the VFL side does not mean they are looking to draft him. Geelong is the same set up as Bendigo Bombers with an AFL side (Essendon) and then the VFL side.

Geelong VFL side do their own recruiting as do the Bendigo Bombers. I wonder if the Bendigo Bombers had a chat to him or not???

So he's done very well to get an invite down to Geelong and good luck to him, but try not to get confused between the AFL and the VFL.

The Rutley boys are good mates with geelong 2s coach Leigh Tudor who wanted to know of any good young players in the N.C.F.L... Aaron Wilsons name was put forward and invited down to train.. and from all reports the cats are very impressed with his fitness and ability thus far!!

Matt Winsall's name from Charlton has been thrown about over the cmfl way. What position does he play & how does the boy go?

Key position defender...
Very handy and will not take any sh it from anyone on the field...
Will be surprised if he leaves, he might be the first of many of that age group leaving the Blues???

Matty Winsal is an interleague rep who plays CHB. Stands about 6"2/6"3. He's a loose unit but a legend of a bloke.

Has moved up to swan hill for work.

His name is featured on the transfer website every year (mostly to Colbo) but never gets cleared and always stays at charlton. Be interesting to see if he finally leaves. I think he'll want to win one more flag at Charlton under Rick Andrews

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still no one has posted the 07 Draw??!!

round 1 - april 14
st arnaud v wedderburn
donald v boort
charlton, birchip, wyche bye

round 2 - april 21
charlton v wyche
st arnaud v birchip
wedderburn v donald
boort bye

round 3 - april 28
boort v charlton
birchip v wedderburn
wyche v donald
st arnaud bye

round 4 - may 5
charlton v st arnaud
donald v birchip
boort v wyche
wedderburn bye

round 5 - may 12
wedderburn v charlton
birchip v boort
wyche v st arnaud
donald bye

round 6 - may 19
charlton v donald
wedderburn v wyche
st arnaud v boort
birchip bye

interleague - may 26

round 7 - june 2
wyche v birchip
boort v wedderburn
donald v st arnaud
charlton bye

round 8 - june 9
wedderburn v st arnaud
boort v donald
charlton v birchip
wyche bye

round 9 - june 16
wyche v charlton
birchip v st arnaud
donald v wedderburn
boort bye

round 10 - june 23
charlton v boort
wedderburn v birchip
donald v wyche
st arnaud bye

round 11 - june 30
st arnaud v charlton
birchip v donald
wyche v boort
wedderburn bye

round 12 - july 7
charlton v wedderburn
boort v birchip
st arnaud v wyche
donald bye

round 13 - july 14
donald v charlton
wyche v wedderburn
boort v st arnaud
birchip bye

round 14 - july 21
birchip v wyche
wedderburn v boort
st arnaud v donald
charlton bye

round 15 - july 28
st arnaud v wedderburn
donald v boort
birchip v charlton
wyche bye

round 16 - august 4
charlton v wyche
st arnaud v birchip
wedderburn v donald
boort bye

round 17 - august 11
boort v charlton
birchip v wedderburn
wyche v donald
st arnaud bye

round 18 - august 18
charlton v st arnaud
donald v birchip
boort v wyche
wedderburn bye

round 19 - august 25
wedderburn v charlton
birchip v boort
wyche v st arnaud
donald bye

1st semi final - september 1

2nd semi final - september 8

preliminary final - september 15

grand final - september 22

round 1 - april 14
st arnaud v wedderburn
donald v boort
charlton, birchip, wyche bye

round 2 - april 21
charlton v wyche
st arnaud v birchip
wedderburn v donald
boort bye

round 3 - april 28
boort v charlton
birchip v wedderburn
wyche v donald
st arnaud bye

round 4 - may 5
charlton v st arnaud
donald v birchip
boort v wyche
wedderburn bye

round 5 - may 12
wedderburn v charlton
birchip v boort
wyche v st arnaud
donald bye

round 6 - may 19
charlton v donald
wedderburn v wyche
st arnaud v boort
birchip bye

interleague - may 26

round 7 - june 2
wyche v birchip
boort v wedderburn
donald v st arnaud
charlton bye

round 8 - june 9
wedderburn v st arnaud
boort v donald
charlton v birchip
wyche bye

round 9 - june 16
wyche v charlton
birchip v st arnaud
donald v wedderburn
boort bye

round 10 - june 23
charlton v boort
wedderburn v birchip
donald v wyche
st arnaud bye

round 11 - june 30
st arnaud v charlton
birchip v donald
wyche v boort
wedderburn bye

round 12 - july 7
charlton v wedderburn
boort v birchip
st arnaud v wyche
donald bye

round 13 - july 14
donald v charlton
wyche v wedderburn
boort v st arnaud
birchip bye

round 14 - july 21
birchip v wyche
wedderburn v boort
st arnaud v donald
charlton bye

round 15 - july 28
st arnaud v wedderburn
donald v boort
birchip v charlton
wyche bye

round 16 - august 4
charlton v wyche
st arnaud v birchip
wedderburn v donald
boort bye

round 17 - august 11
boort v charlton
birchip v wedderburn
wyche v donald
st arnaud bye

round 18 - august 18
charlton v st arnaud
donald v birchip
boort v wyche
wedderburn bye

round 19 - august 25
wedderburn v charlton
birchip v boort
wyche v st arnaud
donald bye

1st semi final - september 1

2nd semi final - september 8

preliminary final - september 15

grand final - september 22

Thanks Blower....

Sounds good... there is just 2 weeks break between the last day of the Grand Final of our Cricket, and Rnd 1 of footy.... i guess it works well when you only play one of em...some of those playing both may have something to say about it...

By the way, that draw (as far as we go) looks very similar.. (ie the order of what teams we play...) to last years

Sounds good... there is just 2 weeks break between the last day of the Grand Final of our Cricket, and Rnd 1 of footy.... i guess it works well when you only play one of em...some of those playing both may have something to say about it...

By the way, that draw (as far as we go) looks very similar.. (ie the order of what teams we play...) to last years

Charlton to play the team straight after they have had the bye...

I don't knbow whether it is detremental or whether you can use it to your advantage Gerta.

We had the same scenario 2 years ago, and the pro's and cons are...

Pro's: the other team haven't played for 2 weeks and can be flat, giving you a good chance to get on top early and control the game

Con's: An extra week to freshen up giving them every chance to have niggling injuries out of the way.

I don't knbow whether it is detremental or whether you can use it to your advantage Gerta.

Pro's: the other team haven't played for 2 weeks and can be flat, giving you a good chance to get on top early and control the game

Con's: An extra week to freshen up giving them every chance to have niggling injuries out of the way.

I dare say the cons would outweigh the pros there. With the grounds getting harder there is nothing better than a week off to freshen up...

Definitely Pro & Cons about playing sides after they have a rest. When the league first started having the bye i personally found that the team that had the week off, tended to struggle a bit. However this seems to have changed around a bit the last few years as teams tend to use the bye more effectively, giving footballers a chance to refresh mentally and physically..

Ross Young has been picked up by Carlton as a rookie. Went pick 32

Donald have had a few go through AFL now.

Carlton nabs Young mature-age prospectEmma Quayle
December 13, 2006

svYOUNG_narrowweb__300x486.jpg
Ross Young: an aged rookie.
Photo: Joe Castro
ROSS Young thought he would spend next year settling not only into a new football team, but a new job and a new state.
The 23-year-old finished an engineering and science degree at Melbourne University this year, received some "not so bad" results last week, and was moving to Perth next month, to work at a mining company and find a new footy club.
Now, his life is less complicated. Young was taken by Carlton at No. 32 in yesterday's rookie draft, which means he will stay at home and work a bit less than he thought he would.
He became the first player chosen under the new mature-age rookie rule that allowed each club to pick one untried prospect aged 23 or more, and picked by one of only two teams to take up the offer. Adelaide's third pick, Rhys Archard, is South Adelaide's 23-year-old best-and-fairest winner; three years ago, he was riding trackwork for his horse trainer father, Daryl, in Echuca each morning, working for an insurance firm, then heading to footy training.

Young grew up in Donald, where his father played more than 300 games, and combined his year 12 studies with three trips to Bendigo each week, to train with Nick Dal Santo, Rick Ladson and the rest of the Bendigo Pioneers.

@media print {.nopr {display:none}} [SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

He never thought he would get drafted that year, and wasn't disappointed when he wasn't. "I didn't know what I was supposed to be expecting from it at that stage," he said. "I just loved playing footy, so it didn't matter to me where I went."
That place was Melbourne Uni, where Young began his degree, and joined the Uni Blues. At the end of 2004, he did part of a pre-season at Essendon, started to wonder whether he could play in bigger places and joined the Northern Bullants.
Carlton recruiting manager Wayne Hughes watched him closely there and, having thought him too small in his Uni Blues days, felt more sure. "He was just a dominant player," he said. "There were occasions last year where we thought that, if he was a listed player, he might have got a game."
Young felt more convinced of his own ability the more often he matched AFL-listed players, too, and is thankful football is not as ageist as it was.
"It's funny because when it came, it did catch my attention," he said. "I didn't think it would lead to anything, I never really thought I'd get picked … I think I was a bit lucky."

icon_print.gif
Printer friendly version
icon_email.gif
Email to a friend

Great to see the NCFL locals starting to provide the big league (more often) over the last few years...(mainly donald ofcourse)

Bring on 07, and good luck to Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back