North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

Jay Tucker maybe going to Minyup Murtoa in the wimmera league? any1 else heard this rumor?

Jay Tucker maybe going to Minyup Murtoa in the wimmera league? any1 else heard this rumor?

It wouldn't surprise me if Tucker left and continues his merry go round of different clubs. The other two Horsham lads did a runner and Donald apparantly found out by reading it in the paper. Shi* by the two of them!

It wouldn't surprise me if Tucker left and continues his merry go round of different clubs. The other two Horsham lads did a runner and Donald apparantly found out by reading it in the paper. Shi* by the two of them!
Mibus and Wade?

Correct. I heard that they didn't even have the decency to let the coach know! Very disrepectful and an immature way to handle things.
Fair call. Hows the recruiting looking at Donald? So far i've noted they've lost Mibus, Wade, Clarke, Rhodes and Fraser (??). Thats a CHF, Ruckman, no. 1 midfielder, Full Back and CHB. Fair dent in the side.

Fair call. Hows the recruiting looking at Donald? So far i've noted they've lost Mibus, Wade, Clarke, Rhodes and Fraser (??). Thats a CHF, Ruckman, no. 1 midfielder, Full Back and CHB. Fair dent in the side.

l think to that you can add Jay Tucker, Jason Skiller, Sam Young and Glenn Wilkins

Has anyone heard about the two blokes Birchip have picked up from Swan Hill. Could someone tell me what type of players they, Because I watched Birchip in one of the finals last year and I thought they lacked a few bigger men to fill a few key poistions. And dose Jim Sheahan and Andy Lee still going around at Birchip, watched them two fellows play a year or two ago very intertaining the oppistion loves them two blokes.:) :)

Big night tonight in Boort for Whitey's Buck show...
20 / 20 cricket game, footballers v Rest of the World....
I hope we will be batting first as i would imagine the ball would be getting a whole lot smaller after fielding for an hour and a half / sinking melbourne stubbies!!!

Big night tonight in Boort for Whitey's Buck show...
20 / 20 cricket game, footballers v Rest of the World....
I hope we will be batting first as i would imagine the ball would be getting a whole lot smaller after fielding for an hour and a half / sinking melbourne stubbies!!!

Any good players or will the standard of cricket be putrid. Just a good excuse to get on the heavy can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not a lot, donalds grounds looking shocking, nearly all dirt/sand, ive heard that there will only be a few grounds being used

St Arnauds, Boorts, i can almost garuantee are going to be in good condition

Birchip and Wyche can usually hold their own

its the other 3 im concerned about

So how are all the teams shaping up for the season? I follow this league to a small extent as a mate of mine used to play for Wedderburn and I went up to watch him play a few times (they lost 2 Grand Finals I think!!). It was funny because as I seem to gather the teams really switch around their ladder positions from season to season?? Is that got to do with recruiting and the almighty $$$$$ factor???
Anyway just to cause some controversy and get people thinking Im going to have a stab in the dark as to how I think the ladder may finish in 2007 (remember I don't know a lot about this league its just an opinion):

1. Boort (will they finally win one)
2. Birchip-Watchem
3. Charlton
4. Donald
5. St Arnaud
6. Wedderburn
7. Wyche-Narraport

1. Boort (will they finally win one)
2. Birchip-Watchem
3. Charlton
4. Donald
5. St Arnaud
6. Wedderburn
7. Wyche-Narraport

Not a bad effort at all, no complaints here. IMO (in my opinion) Boort will struggle this year (not as much as over recent years, but compared to last year) and Donald will be there abouts, but not like last year. If i were to alter your ladder, it would look something like the following

Charlton - I think Charlton will be the side to beat. They have been relatively quiet on the Recruiting front, which could be the calm before the storm. If they can hold onto the likes of Finlay, Hill, Judd, and the other young "locals" as well as possibly the returning Phil Bramley that has been rumoured, they are in my opinion, going to put up a hard task for their opposition.

Birchip/Watchem - As with Charlton, haven't heard much with the Recruiting, which is generally a sign that things are going along alright, i think they will be in a similar position to last year, strong when on song, but very vulnerable when off, look for the youngsters to do well with the Club

St. Arnaud - Atkinson and Sam Price out, at this stage, Daniel Walsh is the only confirmed in (Stawell Swifts) I believe that the club is on the way up, after a few years down, things are starting to look up for the club. Apparently theres quite a few guys coming up the Sunraysia from Ballarat for a game, which will be quite handy to boost the strength of the side. Stewart Egan is rumoured to be returning to the club, very good signs when you can have two top forwards (Solyom/Egan) running from the square.

Donald - Cause for concern i think, Rumoured/Confirmed outs so far include Wilkins, Mibus, Wade, Tucker, Rhodes (part of the year,) Clarke, Nugget, Young, and Skiller... a big part of their 2006 Structure.

Boort - Lance, Leigh, 3x Rutleys, Wilson (at this stage) out...also seen Luke Cooneys name come up on other threads too. i think Nelson to coach is a good move, and will do well, just dont think i have heard enough +'s to counteract the negatives just yet.

Wedderburn - Rumoured and Confirmed outs: Hutton, DeArugo, Connors, while Roh McHugh is a fair chance to return from what i hear. Big Shev was a rumoured returner, however ive since heard that he has been snapped up by another club

Wycheproof/Narraport - We know how easy Wyche can bounce back, but i think they have been TOO quiet so far...its really hard to say being outside the club, given that, ive put them in a similar position as last year.

I know its early to be posting one of these, but im just keen to see how things change over the coming weeks/couple of months.. Remember, its only an opinion, no need to get all worked up if i have missed something or dont agree with your Point of View... Enjoy!
Opinions?

Fair call on ur ladder, I didnt realise that Boort had lost those players hence the reason why I put them on top. If I knew that then I would of altered by ladder predictions. Where has there players gone Rutleys??? and of course Lance Picioane? Is he coaching elsewhere? Why did he move on? $$$ factor or a better offer or didn't get on with everyone at Boort?
I think we tend to agree that Wyche and Wedderburn will both struggle. The top 4 could go in any order though. I look forward to keeping a keen eye on how the season unfolds....

Ahhh, cant remember exactly the club, but Picoani's are at a club in the Essendon DFL... Coburg maybe... im pretty sure travel has alot to do with their decision.... but ive also heard it said that a quote was made.... "i am not playing in a league with *******'s as umpires" (that is a totally unverified source, so dont think i am saying it is what happened, as id highly doubt it myself)

Rutleys im pretty sure are heading Doutta Stars way

Not a bad effort at all, no complaints here. IMO (in my opinion) Boort will struggle this year (not as much as over recent years, but compared to last year) and Donald will be there abouts, but not like last year. If i were to alter your ladder, it would look something like the following

Charlton - I think Charlton will be the side to beat. They have been relatively quiet on the Recruiting front, which could be the calm before the storm. If they can hold onto the likes of Finlay, Hill, Judd, and the other young "locals" as well as possibly the returning Phil Bramley that has been rumoured, they are in my opinion, going to put up a hard task for their opposition.

Birchip/Watchem - As with Charlton, haven't heard much with the Recruiting, which is generally a sign that things are going along alright, i think they will be in a similar position to last year, strong when on song, but very vulnerable when off, look for the youngsters to do well with the Club

St. Arnaud - Atkinson and Sam Price out, at this stage, Daniel Walsh is the only confirmed in (Stawell Swifts) I believe that the club is on the way up, after a few years down, things are starting to look up for the club. Apparently theres quite a few guys coming up the Sunraysia from Ballarat for a game, which will be quite handy to boost the strength of the side. Stewart Egan is rumoured to be returning to the club, very good signs when you can have two top forwards (Solyom/Egan) running from the square.

Donald - Cause for concern i think, Rumoured/Confirmed outs so far include Wilkins, Mibus, Wade, Tucker, Rhodes (part of the year,) Clarke, Nugget, Young, and Skiller... a big part of their 2006 Structure.

Boort - Lance, Leigh, 3x Rutleys, Wilson (at this stage) out...also seen Luke Cooneys name come up on other threads too. i think Nelson to coach is a good move, and will do well, just dont think i have heard enough +'s to counteract the negatives just yet.

Wedderburn - Rumoured and Confirmed outs: Hutton, DeArugo, Connors, while Roh McHugh is a fair chance to return from what i hear. Big Shev was a rumoured returner, however ive since heard that he has been snapped up by another club

Wycheproof/Narraport - We know how easy Wyche can bounce back, but i think they have been TOO quiet so far...its really hard to say being outside the club, given that, ive put them in a similar position as last year.

I know its early to be posting one of these, but im just keen to see how things change over the coming weeks/couple of months.. Remember, its only an opinion, no need to get all worked up if i have missed something or dont agree with your Point of View... Enjoy!
Opinions?
yeah i think ur ladder is a load of crap!!

think u had st arnuad in the top4 last year. were no where near it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back