North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

Wyche-Narraport 9.4 (58) LOST TO Charlton 19.15 (129) - Rick Andrews 8

Birchip Watchem 12.19 (91) LOST TO St. Arnaud 16.5 (101) - St Arnaud Rolled them in the last quarter... 5.0 to 1.4........ Soly 7, Needs 4, Hando 3... Ryan 5

Donald 5.5 (35) LOST TO Wedderburn 17.27 (129) - Stenhouse 7, Pearce 3

Possibly one of the best games of footy i have ever seen. Very even effort from the whole st.arnaud team. It just showed how much pride and passion the club still has even though they have been down the last couple of years. Absolute ripping game and everyone very proud of the team. Atmosphere in the last quarter was electric.

Magnificant fight back by the saints. St Arnaud's first win up at Birchip since (about) the days of 1999. (may have won one up there 2003, can't remember)

The side fought back for the jumper, and came off with the points.

Robbie Lee sent his boys to the dam after the game...

Benny "Argenta" Price held Cliffy back well...and he is primed and ready for Big Puffing Phil Bramley!

"Drought Busters" Ball was great! with the whole crowd singing a passionate 3 verse rendition of "Oh When The Saints" to finish it off.

CARN THE SAINTS!

Magnificant fight back by the saints. St Arnaud's first win up at Birchip since (about) the days of 1999. (may have won one up there 2003, can't remember)

The side fought back for the jumper, and came off with the points.

Robbie Lee sent his boys to the dam after the game...

Benny "Argenta" Price held Cliffy back well...and he is primed and ready for Big Puffing Phil Bramley!

"Drought Busters" Ball was great! with the whole crowd singing a passionate 3 verse rendition of "Oh When The Saints" to finish it off.

CARN THE SAINTS!

Good win by the saints roc!.

Hey a bit of your investigational skills are required here... I think an ex NCFL player in David Clarke has been selected to represent the VAFA in this years representitive carnival, can you confirm this? if so, it is an extremely good effort as this is basically the best of what victorian football has to offer!

Hey a bit of your investigational skills are required here... I think an ex NCFL player in David Clarke has been selected to represent the VAFA in this years representitive carnival, can you confirm this? if so, it is an extremely good effort as this is basically the best of what victorian football has to offer!

Great win Patty!!!!!

Ill see what i can do

Looking at those scores MOR Robbie Lee will have them kicking goals at training this week. 14 more points is a terrible effort looks like B/W should have buried St/A early on in the game.
How many points did Cliff kick?

3-4 there Lucy...

His first shot of the day... 40m out...directly infront.... misses
2nd shot... on the boundary... not much daylight between the posts.... Never looked like missing!!! Typical eh!

Junior Moerman played on Jimmy Scamblerr all game, and kept him quiet.

Wyche-Narraport 9.4 (58) LOST TO Charlton 19.15 (129) - Rick Andrews 8

Birchip Watchem 12.19 (91) LOST TO St. Arnaud 16.5 (101) - St Arnaud Rolled them in the last quarter... 5.0 to 1.4........ Soly 7, Needs 4, Hando 3... Ryan 5

Donald 5.5 (35) LOST TO Wedderburn 17.27 (129) - Stenhouse 7, Pearce 3

Obvioulsy with Andrews kicking 8, i'm guessing that Bramley didn't pull on the boots for the weekend.. Any ideas of when he will line up???? How's the younger thommo going??? is he in the ones yet and on the subject of thommo's i see the elder thommo kicked 4 lazy ones... Is he playing in the ruck or has rooboy taken over as number 1 ruck for charlton??

he kicked 5 and in the best yesterday, the boy can play as we saw last year. good luck clarky.

ok roc the saints are no a roll, now can you tell us why.
you haven't recruited that well have you?
must have an eye on the 4 now.

ok roc the saints are no a roll, now can you tell us why.
you haven't recruited that well have you?
must have an eye on the 4 now.

The answers actually quite simple...

20 Guys playing as 1 side...as opposed to 20 individuals wearing the same colours.

The Forwards are firing... Solyom 7.0 Needs 4.1 Hando 3 goals, plus with Dowley and Cua on fire! .... 16.5...no complaining there!

Back's doing really well.... Benny Price had Cliff on a leash, done really well... Brock was very strong all day, Holmsey played Truly, after being inspired by Hawthorn's win Friday night. and Ciurleo's decision making getting everything going!

In the Midfield, Boyington has found form BIG TIME over the last few weeks... i never realised how quick he is until Yesterday! Brearls is all talent. Moerman held Scambler well all day. Sammy Coloe kept Lee quiet when it mattered. Drummy went well all day, and done really well up against a superior Ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The answers actually quite simple...

20 Guys playing as 1 side...as opposed to 20 individuals wearing the same colours.

The Forwards are firing... Solyom 7.0 Needs 4.1 Hando 3 goals, plus with Dowley and Cua on fire! .... 16.5...no complaining there!

Back's doing really well.... Benny Price had Cliff on a leash, done really well... Brock was very strong all day, Holmsey played Truly, after being inspired by Hawthorn's win Friday night. and Ciurleo's decision making getting everything going!

In the Midfield, Boyington has found form BIG TIME over the last few weeks... i never realised how quick he is until Yesterday! Brearls is all talent. Moerman held Scambler well all day. Sammy Coloe kept Lee quiet when it mattered. Drummy went well all day, and done really well up against a superior Ruckman.

Headed over to watch this game on the weekend, was quite entertaining. just a few things there roc. all credit to the saints but Scambler was not held all day found a few amount of the ball and if he had of converted all those shots he had, where he kicked around 6 or 7 points then that would of told a tale. Also i dont believe Lee was kept quite at all during the day, seemed to find the footy quarter in and quarter out no matter who had the momentum. I do agree the Solyom did play really well and he was one of teh main telling points of the game.

I agree, and you somewhat prove my point...
on any other occasion, of the 5 odd shots Scambler had, he would have kicked 4 of them... "Pressure"! Some credit must go the way of Young Moerman, who at 16 years of age, done damn well, having been given probably the most difficult job within the league!

as for Lee, he dominated right up until about the 15 minute mark of the 3rd, after then, while he did find the ball, it was at a level no where near that, early on in the game, Thus, Credit to Coloe...

In any event, The Saints have huge momentum which will be carried into the Charlton game. The Bye will allow those niggling injuries to dissapear, and an even more gelled St Arnaud will come out firing against Ricks mob in a fortnight!

We have 3 Goalkickers in the top 10, all of which are very capable of going on! i see no reason whatsoever why we won't end up with atleast 2 well above the 50 goal mark, and one atleast 40-45... That goes a very long way towards bringing the 4 points

CaRn ThE sAiNts!

Time will show the the saints in 07 will make a bigger comeback than Jesus Christ himself. 4 rounds in, along way to go.

APRIL 06
Boort 30.17 (197) v St. Arnaud 8.11 (59)
JUNE 06
St. Arnaud 13.4 (82) v Boort 29.22 (196)
AUGUST 06
Boort 41.25 (271) v St. Arnaud 5.6 (36)

MAY 2007
St. Arnaud 13.14 (92) v Boort 13.8 (86)

MAY 06
St. Arnaud 12.14 (86) v Donald 24.9 (153)
JULY 06
Donald 28.17 (185) v St. Arnaud 6.5 (41)
AUGUST 06
St. Arnaud 9.8 (62) v Donald 33.18 (216)

JUNE 2007
Donald 10.11 (71) v St. Arnaud 17.14 (116)

JUNE 06
Birchip Watchem 21.12 (138) v St. Arnaud 8.8 (56)
JULY 06
St. Arnaud 12.8 (80) v Birchip Watchem 22.10 (142)
APRIL 2007
St. Arnaud 15.9 (99) v Birchip Watchem 28.15 (183)

JULY 2007
Birchip Watchem 12.19 (91) v St. Arnaud 16.5 (101)

There ya go OhWhenTheSaints!

Yes i realise sides change over the off season, but St. Arnaud, the side that has recently been billed as the "easybeats" have knocked over 3 of the 4 2006 Finalists, including both Grand Finalists... Saints are on the rise!

What a win for the saints. Very entertaining game and quite nerve racking in the last half of the last quarter. It was summed up how much the saints have improved by the president after the game. He said "In the 3rd quarter when BW kicked about 5 in a row, the saints of last yr would've laid down and been 10 goals down at 3/4 time. Today we showed spirit, courage and desperation for the club and our mates". Thats why the saints have improved.

Scambler did have a fair share of the footy on saturday and could've won them the game had he kicked truly. But at the end of the day he probably kicked 5 points from about 50 out on the boundary. He played selfish football and could've easily kicked it to the hot spot where Cliffy would've been bound to take at least 1 or 2 grabs. THe pressure applied by the saints was also a telling factor in the bulls inaccurate kicking. A lot of their shots were under extreme pressure.

Turning point in my opinion was when coloe ran of lee, gethered a contested ball and kicked truly, His attack and celebration lifted the saints and lees lack of desire to chase showed that the bulls were tiring and slowing. Well done to the saints. THey are on the improve and shouldnt be taken too lightly.

Birchip Watchem are due to have a few out this week, still suffering from cases of hypothermia and pneumonia!!!! :D

It just goes to show what a nuffy Robbie Lee really is. How he is the coach of that club has me miffed? I have only heard negative things about the bloke.

Yeah, i dont think its the smartest move ive ever seen.

That "frame of mind" is the difference between the attitude of a previously strong club, and that of a club which is "on the rise" The likes of Wyche, would have used that match, learnt from it, and focussed immediately on the next game

But then again, saves using an ice bath!

Yeah, i dont think its the smartest move ive ever seen.

That "frame of mind" is the difference between the attitude of a previously strong club, and that of a club which is "on the rise" The likes of Wyche, would have used that match, learnt from it, and focussed immediately on the next game

But then again, saves using an ice bath!
Sounds like there may be a funny story to go with this Rocco. What have you got for us?

@ Birchip saturday... it was absolutely FREEZING... after the game, Robbie sent his boys into the Dam... One might say he wasn't too happy with the last quarter and a bit

Who are the top 5 leading goalkickers for the league at the moment and what are there chances they will get to the magical 100?

1. STENHOUSE, Darren Wedderburn 59 - Probably will
2. RYAN, Clifford Birchip Watchem 50 - Depends alot which direction the side takes from here on... Id be surprised if he didn't
3. SOLYOM, JAMIE St. Arnaud 38 - is a chance, especially with St Arnaud improving game by game
4. NEEDS, Daniel St. Arnaud 28 - Unlikely, but should push 60-65+
5. PERRYMAN, Mark Boort 26 - Doubtful, half of his goals came from 1 game, thats only 13 spread over 5 or so other games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back