North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

Needs kicks 10 in 200th game
By StAFC Website Representative
Centre Half Forward Daniel Needs played his 200th game in style, booting 10 goals in a great display of skill which has led the senior side into the final series. Needs received an amazing reception as he stepped onto the field. A banner was made for the event, and a guard of honour was form by the reserves side, club officials and fans, which he walked through with his daughter. Earlier on, a jumper, signifying the occasion was presented to him, by Coach Jamie Solyom.

Needs didn't seem to be overwelmed by the moment, kicking three first quarter goals. The match remained tight up until three quarter time. The seniors were up by 13 points and needing to win to keep there finals hope alive.

Needs turned the last quarter into a clinic of strong marking and accurate kicking, with the aid of a strong backline and a midfield which still had plenty left in the tank. The seniors ran out 63 point victors.

Needs received the match ball in a best on ground effort.
Congratulations Daniel Needs

Is the league vote count on this week? Lets throw some names about in relation to who will poll well in the seniors, reserves and u/16's.

While the game was alive, they stood up... But as soon as St Arnaud took control, We never took the foot off the pedal, and fired on 10 goals to Wyches 2. Solyom was off the ground most of this time too.

Best
St. Arnaud DANIEL NEEDS, MARK DOWLEY, BROCK EZARD, IAN MOERMAN, SIMON BREARLEY, JAMIE SOLYOM
Wyche-Narraport BOE BISH, JAMES ROONEY, TREVOR RUMBOLD, JOSHUA WHITE, DECLAN LOUREY, GEORGE ALLAN

Is the league vote count on this week? Lets throw some names about in relation to who will poll well in the seniors, reserves and u/16's.

Feeny - Simon Brearley
R/U - Daniel Needs and Robbie Lee Tied
Presidents Award - Brearley
Runners Up - Needs

Res BnF
Winner - Chris Medlyn
R/U - Sheehan maybe?

U16's
Winner - Hatcher
RU - Anderson

All young guys in wyche's best. How many will they retain next year? From what i've seen could potentially be a good young side. How has jesse douglas gone this year?

Only saw two or three games for the year but you would have to expect that there will be a few redbacks in the top 10 given the amount of games they won and assuming that they will get the 3 and 2 votes at least from those games.
Expect a late charge from a few bulls given that they won their last 8 games! Maybe Lee or Scambler?
Presumably also a mid year rush from St Arnaud and don't be surprised if Andrews or one of the Charlton blokes just keeps ticking the votes over throughout the year and ends up snatching it.
Hard to see enough votes going to any of the bottom three sides.

Jesse was thrown in the deep end. Has been playing at Full Back for the last 3/4 of the season. But hes been playing damn well.

What was the go with the 2's? Were ya that short? or just having a bit of fun?

I noticed quite a few names from the 70's and 80's lol

bit of both, we were fairly short, had few blokes that couldnt make it for one reason or another, so a few older fellas had to step in which is always going to be good for a laugh, and good for the younger blokes in the side a chance to play with uncles and family friends and so on which is good i think, and wem didnt want to put any young under 16 kids in to the side cause they are coming in to the finals.

Only saw two or three games for the year but you would have to expect that there will be a few redbacks in the top 10 given the amount of games they won and assuming that they will get the 3 and 2 votes at least from those games.
Expect a late charge from a few bulls given that they won their last 8 games! Maybe Lee or Scambler?
Presumably also a mid year rush from St Arnaud and don't be surprised if Andrews or one of the Charlton blokes just keeps ticking the votes over throughout the year and ends up snatching it.
Hard to see enough votes going to any of the bottom three sides.

No one has been consistantly top 1-3 this year, within their sides... except Robbie Lee, who hasn't been lately, and Simon Brearley. Zac Holmes has played well recently for the Bulls, which would snatch votes from Lee, as has Needs at St Arnaud... could quite possible cost their team-mates the medal?

Will be an interesting count tomorrow night anyway!!

bit of both, we were fairly short, had few blokes that couldnt make it for one reason or another, so a few older fellas had to step in which is always going to be good for a laugh, and good for the younger blokes in the side a chance to play with uncles and family friends and so on which is good i think, and wem didnt want to put any young under 16 kids in to the side cause they are coming in to the finals.

Fair call. Im sure many of the regulars in that side would have enjoyed it too, even given the margin!

Enjoyable game for all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one has been consistantly top 1-3 this year, within their sides... except Robbie Lee, who hasn't been lately, and Simon Brearley. Zac Holmes has played well recently for the Bulls, which would snatch votes from Lee, as has Needs at St Arnaud... could quite possible cost their team-mates the medal?

Will be an interesting count tomorrow night anyway!!

I don't know Brearley, is he a Saint? How long has he been there? Holmes is a fair chance, he's been dominating in the ruck most of the year and could attract votes. Who are the better players from the Burn?

i was looking through the results earlier, De Araugo, Rose, Stenhouse are the regulars in the best. Rose went missing for a while, was he injured?

brearly is a saint, but i have no idea how long hes been there. any relation to the brearly's down in the wimmera. nhill i think. there was a brearly who won their best and fairest a few years ago

i was looking through the results earlier, De Araugo, Rose, Stenhouse are the regulars in the best. Rose went missing for a while, was he injured?
Rose went overseas for a while. Gash and Polglaise have been good most weeks too. Think there's too many pinching votes there.

brearly is a saint, but i have no idea how long hes been there. any relation to the brearly's down in the wimmera. nhill i think. there was a brearly who won their best and fairest a few years ago

De Araugo missed a few games at the start of the year too didnt he...

2007 Final Ladders
Seniors
ncflseniorladdersn8.png

Reserves
ncflresladderbm0.png

Under 16's
ncfl16sladderzt4.png

Under 13's
ncfl13sladdergn7.png

Finals have finally arrived. Whats everyones opinion

Who will win the flag and why?

I reckon the burn will take home the flag. I know they are having a rough patch but they have time to resarect (if thats how you spell it) the dark patch they are in. I see a couple are saying Birchip/Watchem but i believe the burn will get back into their previous form. Although it would be nice for the saints to win their first flag since 1999.

Wedderburn have been the strongest team all year so you would expect them to get up, but I guess history is against them. Birchip-Watchem have won their last 8 matches and are clearly the form side of the competition so I'm going to put my money on them to win in an upset after getting rolled in the second semi and knocking out St. Arnaud in the Prelim.

In the two's it'll be the opposite, Birchip-Watchem have been the strongest side but will go down to Wedderburn in the Grand Final!

Good to see that every team has at least one team in the finals and interesting to note that St. Arnaud is the only team with all 4 teams taking part in finals action. Is the sleeping giant awakening from its slumber?

I reckon the burn will take home the flag. I know they are having a rough patch but they have time to resarect (if thats how you spell it) the dark patch they are in. I see a couple are saying Birchip/Watchem but i believe the burn will get back into their previous form. Although it would be nice for the saints to win their first flag since 1999.
What about the Burn having not won one since 1970? Bit bigger drought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back