North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

Jason hasn't been home all day, its his brother at the moment.

by the way, i made that reply earlier... you guys on here dont need to know what is happening in his personal life

Can anyone from St Arnaud please just drop in2 Roc's?? I am a bit worried bout the big fella hasnt been on all day, may have had a heart attack @ the keyboard or something??

i see there is another footy pie on here, obviously before me.
Anyway, what is everyone's thoughts on the seniors game on the weekend? and who is favourite for this weekend, considering they are all pretty even.

Can Charlton go all the way and win the big one?
Certainly can with a fast track a bit of luck with injuries etc. The St. Arnaud ground will suit them in the peliminary final with their pace. Devin Browns return has certainly helped them. It will be interesting to see how Wedderburn run out the game tomorrow with so many returning from injury. Birchip/Watchem by 4 goals.

Certainly can with a fast track a bit of luck with injuries etc. The St. Arnaud ground will suit them in the peliminary final with their pace.
i agree with the st arnaud ground part there
charlton and wedderburn grand final with charlton beating B/W in the prelim by 6 goals.
i tip charlton to win the big one because of their leg speed and hard discipline

Well, 2nd semi is upon us, and its looking like a good day of footy.

U13's see the only 2 real premiership contenders clash, to see who goes straight to Donald... being Donald and St Arnaud... my tips St Arnaud by 4 goals, with young Brad Organ to kick 4, and Liam Andison to get 3

U16's see flag favorites Boort take on Donald, who will be looking to give the Magpies their first loss of the season, my tip, Boort by 3 goals.

Reserves have Birchip taking on Wedderburn, with 2 heavyweights going at it, we are sure to see a good match, which could go either way. My tip, Draw at the end of real time... Wedderburn to get up.

Seniors also have Wedderburn vs Birchip, Birchip will be too good early, for the injury ravaged Wedderburn side, who will be playing guys with less match fitness than would be preferred, however Stenhouse will kick 7 last half goals, to get the Burn over the line, and knock up his first NCFL ton.

Well, 2nd semi is upon us, and its looking like a good day of footy.

U13's see the only 2 real premiership contenders clash, to see who goes straight to Donald... being Donald and St Arnaud... my tips St Arnaud by 4 goals, with young Brad Organ to kick 4, and Liam Andison to get 3

U16's see flag favorites Boort take on Donald, who will be looking to give the Magpies their first loss of the season, my tip, Boort by 3 goals.

Reserves have Birchip taking on Wedderburn, with 2 heavyweights going at it, we are sure to see a good match, which could go either way. My tip, Draw at the end of real time... Wedderburn to get up.

Seniors also have Wedderburn vs Birchip, Birchip will be too good early, for the injury ravaged Wedderburn side, who will be playing guys with less match fitness than would be preferred, however Stenhouse will kick 7 last half goals, to get the Burn over the line, and knock up his first NCFL ton.

Mor would u be able to give us a wrap up on all the grades from today including best players and all scores..

I suppose so... lol

U13's...
Both sides came out strong, and both sides had their chances. 3rd quarter, Donald took control, and opened up the game... St Arnaud couldnt peg themback
These 2 sides will definately be playing come Grand Final day...
FINAL SCORES - Donald 9.5.59 defeated St Arnaud 7.3.45
IMO, Best for Donald was Burchell, and for St Arnaud, Jake Tillig
Tip for next week - St. Arnaud to defeat Boort quite comprehensively

U16's
When Boort are on, they are on, however I dont think that was their best performance. Donald had chances, as the ball was down their quite a bit early. Third quarter hurt the Royals, as they were held to no score.
FINAL SCORES - Boort 13.5.83 Defeated Donald 6.7.43
IMO, best for Boort was probably between Fitzpatrick and Cooper, and for Donald, Young Harberger played well
Tip for next week - Draw ;)

Reserves
Birchip didn't want it, plain and simple. they never looked like winning it, after the first quarter. Hall was magnificent up forward, and it was obvious that Birchip are missing their target up forward. Birchip, whilst all year looking favorites, have dropped down the ranks massively.
FINAL SCORES - Wedderburn 16.11.107 defeated Birchip/Watchem 8.4.52
IMO, best for Wedd was between Hall and Tonkin, for Birchip, i thought the BnF winner Jim Sheehan played well, even with his obvious discipline problems.
Tip for next week - St Arnaud to Defeat Birchip/Watchem

Seniors
Did Birchip go to the lake after the game? because that was a more disturbing loss than their one earlier in the year against us... Wasted Opportunities, and MORE Wasted Opportunities (For Both Sides). Story of the day... Wedderburn simply outplayed them. Stenna kicked his 100th in the last quarter... No Field invasion!?!? im Dissapointed ;) lol
FINAL SCORES - Wedderburn 14.17.101 defeated Birchip/Watchem 7.17.59
IMO, best for Wedd was Rose and Gash, for Birchip, i thought the Feeny Medallist, Jimmy Scambler was good, along with the other ryan. Brad isn't it?
Tip for next week - Charlton to SMASH Birchip/Watchem. The old legs of Andrews and Thompson will be cherishing their week off, and will be hard to beat. Expect Aaron Walklate to dominate, and Rick to get 20 handballs ;) (someone count em for me)

As for the other sports, i know Donald won both the Mens and (Womens/Mixed/not exactly sure what) Hockey, and i know St Arnaud won the U16B netball.

Reserves
Birchip didn't want it, plain and simple. they never looked like winning it, after the first quarter. Hall was magnificent up forward, and it was obvious that Birchip are missing their target up forward. Birchip, whilst all year looking favorites, have dropped down the ranks massively.
FINAL SCORES - Wedderburn 16.11.107 defeated Birchip/Watchem 8.4.52
IMO, best for Wedd was between Hall and Tonkin, for Birchip, i thought the BnF winner Jim Sheehan played well, even with his obvious discipline problems.
Tip for next week - St Arnaud to Defeat Birchip/Watchem

Top side to go out in straight sets yet again in the reserves?????

Well they played like pansies today... Holy Grails horse could have done better than Birchip did today! VERY dissapointing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to agree with Master of Roc there, Birchip looked very ordinary in both grades; looked as if they lacked fitness. Would be a huge effort for them to get over Charlton next week...

Have to agree ragger, the bulls didnt show up to play it seemed like where there skill level was disappointing and didnt have there running game going. but i am sure when on their day they could match most as they have shown over the past 10 weeks. And i noticed Andrews and his team showing great interest in the bulls huddle and what Lee had to say. i still would have to pick the bulls to get over the line this week, just i mite add. shall be a great game.

i wonder exactly what happened with the B/W fellas after the game. B/W would have severly been disappointed. i think tho that both sides could have kicked straighter

Have to agree with Master of Roc there, Birchip looked very ordinary in both grades; looked as if they lacked fitness. Would be a huge effort for them to get over Charlton next week...
Ragger what about there discipline, very ordinary i thought in both grades they were undiscipline in ever aspect.
Especially the coach setting a good example by whacking a weddderburn youngstar i didnt expect anything less though with a last name like that.
Birchip a likely chance to go out in straght sets in both grades.

Ragger what about there discipline, very ordinary i thought in both grades they were undiscipline in ever aspect.
Especially the coach setting a good example by whacking a weddderburn youngstar i didnt expect anything less though with a last name like that.
Birchip a likely chance to go out in straght sets in both grades.

If their scooby doos turn there form around guess who comes back in for the granny......*drum roll* Mr A Lee

Bulls will win the seniors. Some reasons why -

More than happy on St.Arnaud ground. 2 of their most comfortable wins of the season were at Lord Nelson Park, plus their last 3 flags were played there.

Have beaten Charlton twice this year, both times Charlton were coming off a week's rest.

First win against Charlton was a week after a disappointing defeat to Wyche. Evidence that they can come back to beat the Navies after a disappointing showing the week previous.

Cliff Ryan and Jarrod Tyler both due to kick a bag.

More than happy on St.Arnaud ground. 2 of their most comfortable wins of the season were at Lord Nelson Park, plus their last 3 flags were played there.

Have beaten Charlton twice this year, both times Charlton were coming off a week's rest.

First win against Charlton was a week after a disappointing defeat to Wyche. Evidence that they can come back to beat the Navies after a disappointing showing the week previous.

Well it doesnt really matter because if Wedderburn play like they did on Saturday no one will get close. B-W were disgusting on saturday. I hope Charlton get through because B-W looked scared on saturday.

Have to agree ragger, the bulls didnt show up to play it seemed like where there skill level was disappointing and didnt have there running game going. but i am sure when on their day they could match most as they have shown over the past 10 weeks. And i noticed Andrews and his team showing great interest in the bulls huddle and what Lee had to say. i still would have to pick the bulls to get over the line this week, just i mite add. shall be a great game.

Think you might be right. The bulls could've blown it apart early, only innacurate kicking cost them. The burn hardly had it in the first 1/4 and a half. Tonkin kept the burn in it early with a couple of goals. Benaim threw the the biggets haymaker seen for a while at Robbie Lee but missed. Then Robbie tries to take revenge and gets sent off, in the end cost the bulls the momentum and most probably the game. Once the burn got a sniff they were up and running. I think the 2 teams are closer than the scorebaord board suggest.

Who in this years side played in any of those flags just out of intrest

Think you might be right. The bulls could've blown it apart early, only innacurate kicking cost them. The burn hardly had it in the first 1/4 and a half. Tonkin kept the burn in it early with a couple of goals. Benaim threw the the biggets haymaker seen for a while at Robbie Lee but missed. Then Robbie tries to take revenge and gets sent off, in the end cost the bulls the momentum and most probably the game. Once the burn got a sniff they were up and running. I think the 2 teams are closer than the scorebaord board suggest.

Yeah to to agree there. Lee's send off was only due to a stray arm, sought of a slap you could say nothing in it at all. didnt even hurt the bloke as he kept going for the ball and only went down when the whistle went. But it did make it harder for the bulls playing a man down and this is where the bun seemed to to start building the lead and get it out to 6 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back