This is the best i could come up with,

B- Popper, Upper, Downer
HB- Rick, Yells, Toomuch
C-Judd, Has, Bigears
HF-Thommo, Squeals, Likabiatch
F- Bring, Back, Bigphil
R- Dis, Co, Bikkie
Int- Hopeya, getbeat.:thumbsu:

Some classic matchups there, look forward to reading the result from the Roc a little after 6pm.

Re: North Central Football League

B: N. Sibson, J. Douglas, L. Ezard
HB: D. Gifford, D. Needs, D. Pickthall
C: I. Moerman, S. BREARLEY, S. Coloe
HF: S. Lloyd, J. SOLYOM, M. Dowley
F: B. Wilson, B. Hando, J. Lloyd
R: M. Holmes, B. Price, S. Boyington
Int: R. Wild, P. Cua, TBA

Anyone spotted Charlton's yet?

Surely you are telling me porky pies there roc... needs at CHB??? surely you jest...

tell me who else can go there?

Solyom can handle CHF (will end up swapping with bruce)

Bruce is too slow for a defender...

Logical Choice

This is the best i could come up with,

B- Popper, Upper, Downer
HB- Rick, Yells, Toomuch
C-Judd, Has, Bigears
HF-Thommo, Squeals, Likabiatch
F- Bring, Back, Bigphil
R- Dis, Co, Bikkie
Int- Hopeya, getbeat.:thumbsu:

Some classic matchups there, look forward to reading the result from the Roc a little after 6pm.

Will Runner Up Feeny Medalist Simon Brearley be good enough to match up with "Has"?

Will Runner Up Feeny Medalist Simon Brearley be good enough to match up with "Has"?
ROC you should get to bed earlier the night before a big game! How and the hell will your stats be accurate today? You struggle to get them right each week even when you hit the sack early! Have you organised a bigger bench today to fit in all of St.Arnauds injured players?

Winners today:

u13s: Boort Over Wedderburn
U16s: St Arnaud over an impressive Wyche
Reserves: St Arnaud smashed Charlton
Seniors: Charlton over the Saints.

this needs to be said.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8651/newumpiresgearyb3.jpg

i didn't intend to take anything away from us navies, however, the boys outplayed set up our good win nice and early.

ben walklate played well, as did finna in my opinion
Go Navies!

:thumbsu::thumbsu: Good picture that...

Also thought McGurk did a great job for a bloke who was out injured ;)

And Yard, very impressive in the twos... Kicked a couple and was in the best...

Winners today:

u13s: Boort Over Wedderburn
U16s: St Arnaud over an impressive Wyche
Reserves: St Arnaud smashed Charlton
Seniors: Charlton over the Saints.

Who play well for the Demons, not sure if any one realizes this but the 3 young boys on eh wyche bench are all under 14 kids (Kritter McNichol, Cody Turner and little Drisco), and proberly havn't played alot of under 16 players so it was good to see the boys came close

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who play well for the Demons, not sure if any one realizes this but the 3 young boys on eh wyche bench are all under 14 kids (Kritter McNichol, Cody Turner and little Drisco), and proberly havn't played alot of under 16 players so it was good to see the boys came close

I was very impressed with the majority of the young wyche blokes... They played really well and kept trying hard.. Haven't got a recorder with me so i can only tell u numbers... 8 in the middle i think that was Keane was very good, 11 at CHF, FF played pretty well, and i think maybe 4??? I dunno... They all had a crack and played magnificently.

is goodridge that small bloke? he must have some serious problems with the saints after what i saw today!!! and that other bloke........shouldnt talk to players the way he did today. they need to get a life and a real job!!! D@345*&^s

is goodridge that small bloke? he must have some serious problems with the saints after what i saw today!!! and that other bloke........shouldnt talk to players the way he did today. they need to get a life and a real job!!! D@345*&^s

ALL footy umpires are small. They all have small man syndrome. They all think they are coppers. They all had their playlunch stolen as kids at school and this is their way to get back at those people.

They are absolute jokes.. just look at chamberlain... and there is someone who posts on this board (not in here) who is an absolute prime example of what I speak of.

did u guys read a. mcnichols article on wedderburn in todays sunday age
dont get it where we live .... the early age that is .... but if u get the later age and the city edition sun with the sat night afl footy writeups where the country stories usually go, u can still read all the age and sun regional stories on www.countryfootyscores.com --- click on the media section

Redbacks hope long wait is over
Sunday, 02 September 2007
By Adam McNicol

THE 120-year-old Wedderburn Football Club's players and supporters already know a thing or two about breaking a premiership drought. In 2005, the Redbacks' reserves won the flag, in the process ending a lean spell that stretched all the way back to 1952.

Now, everyone in the central Victorian community is hoping this year will provide reason for an even bigger party. The Wedderburn senior team, which has not won a premiership since 1970, has finished the home-and-away season two games clear on top of the ladder.

"Just the celebrations when the seconds won were good enough," said club secretary Tom Nisbet, who recently published a book titled A Brief History of the Redbacks. "At the start of every year, the lack of success comes up. It's been 37 years. It's a big burden. But this is as good as any side we've had here."

The North Central Football League finals series kicked off yesterday, with the Redbacks needing only two more wins, starting next Saturday against second-placed Birchip-Watchem, to bring the town to a standstill.

"If we win it, there'll be not much happening for a week," Nisbet said.

Having won only five games last year, Wedderburn's rise has come thanks to a prudent off-season recruiting drive. Among the players to have made a big difference are tough midfielder Daniel Gash, who is originally from Hay and had been playing in the VFL with the Bendigo Bombers' reserves, and young ruckman Josh Pearce, who arrived from Central Murray team Woorinen.

Another star of 2007, full-forward Darren Stenhouse, was brought to the Redbacks from Sunshine by his fiancee, who is the local publican's daughter. Stenhouse previously had a stint with Central District in the SANFL and has become a new favourite son. He heads into the finals with 97 goals to his name.

"Darren's been very, very good for us," said second-year senior coach Dean Lockhart. "He's not only a great footballer but also a ripping fella."

As with most bush footy clubs, Wedderburn has six players driving north each week from Melbourne, while many young members of the team are based in Bendigo and Ballarat. "Our junior program is really thorough, so we've got some great 18- and 19-year-olds coming through," said Lockhart. "That has given us a lot more depth."

The Redbacks started the season in blistering form. They beat St Arnaud by six goals in round one and went on to win their first 10 matches. Eventually, they were beaten by battling Wycheproof-Narraport, in what was a huge upset.

With top spot on the ladder wrapped up, Wedderburn coach Dean Lockhart rested a number of players from the last two home-and-away matches. His team promptly lost them both but Lockhart is unfazed at starting the finals campaign on the back of consecutive defeats.

"We had a great run with injuries until four weeks out from the finals," Lockhart said. "Then we had a situation where we had nine players out through injury and resting. We worked hard through the season to get that chance to rest players. I wanted to be cautious because we need all our players fit at this time of the year. We'll be almost full-strength next week."

Lockhart admits the team is carrying massive expectations into the finals. He is also well aware what happened most recent time the Redbacks made the grand final. In 2000 and 2001, they were favourites going into the big game but on both occasions had big losses.

And just two years ago, Wedderburn missed another chance to break the drought when it finished on top of the ladder but narrowly lost the second semi-final and was thumped in the preliminary.

"The best part about this side is they're young and they don't bring any baggage like that," Lockhart said. "There are only three blokes left from the 2001 losing grand final side. But we need to get the monkey off our back. There is no doubt about that."

All six other clubs in the NCFL have triumphed since the Redbacks most recently lifted the cup.

"It's 37 years since we won one but we've always been up there," Lockhart said. "In the 20 years I've been involved with the Wedderburn Football Club, we probably had a dark period from '95 to '97, but the rest of the time, we've either been in the finals or knocking on the door. We're due."

Lockhart has played senior football for 20 years, including three premierships with Essendon District league club Keilor. A rugged defender, he knows his leadership will be vitally important in the coming weeks.

If it isn't up to scratch, he will have to answer to the president, who just happens to be his brother, Tim.

"If I don't get them over the line, it might come down to that!" Lockhart said. "It could be interesting. There's a real combination of nerves and excitement. It's all good. In a small community like Wedderburn, if the footy club's going well, the town's going well."

Very good article that...

Will be interesting to see this Weekends Games, Wedderburn Vs Birchip..

Very good article that...

Will be interesting to see this Weekends Games, Wedderburn Vs Birchip..

Yeah a very good article, the authors girlfriend actually comes from Wyche. moving right along where is every one heading for their footy trips????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back