North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

roaring tiger said:
Any news on how donalds high profile recruits played on the weekend mibus, tucker and the 2 funkes.

Both funckes were more than handy and all of the new recruits from Horsham showed early form, Mibus and Wade named in best three while Tucker collected kicks at will, unlucky not to be named in best! good start to the year from donald and looks like getting better when atkins returns in a couple of weeks time.

I was unaware until today that Leigh Funcke, a former Toohey Medal winner in the Wimmera, had crossed to Donald from Minyip-Murtoa. Another handy signing for them as he is a collision player who loves a physical contest.[/QUOTE]

Leigh Funcke is a freak. I thought he would be keen to play some footy with his little brother as they had limited time at Minyip together with Leigh down at Fitzroy then Ross at Richmond.
Donald have been chasing Leigh for years, especially his father-in-law, looks like this will keep everyone happy. He will not only play great footy for Donald but he will lift the players around him as those players that are mid-20's to early 30's still around the club would have seen both of the Funckes or even played school footy together with either of them.

So when can Donald expect Brett Atkin currently playing for Ultima to be back in the Royal Blue jumper. Word is that the royal blues are just waiting for a few loose ends to be tied up. Is this right Royal Dougy!!

roksinga said:
News is that there was a meetin in the town hall of wedderburn there was decusion about the off field behavior of new comer Daniel Fraser. Word is that by sunday morning he was lookin the part for a game in the a grade netball side who are lookin the goods early with new comer Moeisha Tyrell (dang that bitch is black.) Also heard that burn senior Josh Smith pulled up wit a sore upper thigh he said " Feels like i have been hit with a lump of 4 by 2".

The community of wedderburn has been devasted & are shell shocked by the trail of destruction caused by a 1 man army suffering from a combination of 'small man & down syndrome' aka Fraser. The self confessed trouble maker who leaves no stone unturned on his regular 2am escapades, has stunned locals with his round 1 antics, entering households to steal & wear ladies clothes, break vases and freeing animals, who he claimed spoke to him, from the chicken coup, with no regrets as he seems to have made a 'connection'. However the trash talking hardman has vowed to back up his performance this week with a BOG performance, (hopefully on the field) with mummy and daddy coming to watch him in action.

On to more pressing issues, whisper has it wedderburn cult hero Kane 'the butcher' Arnold was on the training track tues looking the goods, could be a surprise inclusion this week, especially after impressing saturday with his 'uncanny ability', fair to assume many lollipops as a child!! :D

Tips for this week boys:

Wedderburn over St Arnaud - 5 goals
Birchip over Wchye - comfortably
Donald over Boort - in a close one.

scoop22 said:
So when can Donald expect Brett Atkin currently playing for Ultima to be back in the Royal Blue jumper. Word is that the royal blues are just waiting for a few loose ends to be tied up. Is this right Royal Dougy!!

Sorry scoop can't confirm anything at this stage as to when atkin will, if at all, return to donald. However I can safely say that with donald playing boort this week he will not be returning shortly. Rumour has it that he would prefer not to play boort because he is a touch scared of the Rutley clan.

royal dougy said:
Sorry scoop can't confirm anything at this stage as to when atkin will, if at all, return to donald. However I can safely say that with donald playing boort this week he will not be returning shortly. Rumour has it that he would prefer not to play boort because he is a touch scared of the Rutley clan.

Dunno which games you watched last year when boort played donald royal dougy but the ones i saw atkins wasnt taking a backward step to any of the rutleys. Actually there was a game in donald where he towled all three bros up in one go!!!!

Tripod said:
Can anyone tell me how Jimmy Scambler from Birchip- Watcham is going this year? He was a matchwinner in the VAFA for Uni Blues, wondering if he is doing the same for his old club.

Don't get lazy Tripod. A thorough back-track of previous postings would give you the information you need on Jimmy, this year's Feeny medallist.

Has anyone heard any news about the Ramsdales(father and son) from Wedderburn word is that they have put clearences in hoping to play a season at mighty Charlton. They would be a handy inclusion into a already strong 2nds side.:)

The Scribe said:
The community of wedderburn has been devasted & are shell shocked by the trail of destruction caused by a 1 man army suffering from a combination of 'small man & down syndrome' aka Fraser.

Although this was a 1 man job and fraser needs no aliances... keep an eye on newly appointed apprentice possasaurus rex. The prehistoric beast has completed his pre-app coarse in destruction and demolition and is currently seeking weekend work. Fraser's newest sidekick P'rex has an excellent portfolio and was impressive with some of his prehistoric work on the weekend. Volunteering his time the dinosaur showcased some of his finest work and was a keen 'student' to his 'teacher' throughout the night. His ability to adapt was second to none and was labelled by his newest mentor "a guy who 'frocks' up well" :D

Congratulations on your new position p'rex!!!:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Scribe said:
The community of wedderburn has been devasted & are shell shocked by the trail of destruction caused by a 1 man army suffering from a combination of 'small man & down syndrome' aka Fraser. The self confessed trouble maker who leaves no stone unturned on his regular 2am escapades, has stunned locals with his round 1 antics, entering households to steal & wear ladies clothes, break vases and freeing animals, who he claimed spoke to him, from the chicken coup, with no regrets as he seems to have made a 'connection'. However the trash talking hardman has vowed to back up his performance this week with a BOG performance, (hopefully on the field) with mummy and daddy coming to watch him in action.

what a shame this fraser cant make a "connection" with the leather ball and the goals maybe he needs to focus more on his football then on his sex life then maybe he will secure his postion in senior football not on the bench:(

Navies4 said:
Andrew McGurk is the rew boy - from charlton.

Yeah but why is he back? i wasn't aware he had left. or did he just play a blinder on the weekend and your refering to him ascerting himself as a big time ruckman :)

Can someone tell me how Drew Bartram is going with the Boort Magpies.
He's an old school mate who used to go very well and has been up there for the last 3 years I think. How's him and the team looking this year?

Barty played well against charlton. didn't see how he went last week.

roksinga said:
Has anyone heard any news about the Ramsdales(father and son) from Wedderburn word is that they have put clearences in hoping to play a season at mighty Charlton. They would be a handy inclusion into a already strong 2nds side.:)

I heard this whisper, too. Apparently father and son Ramsdale rocked up to Charlton training in Wedderburn attire 45 mins late, did a lap, and joined in the drills.

Would be funny if they played for Charlton this year. I would rather be on Ramma Snr's side than play against him. As intimidating as they come.

All the Ramsdales do is start fights, last time I saw them they struggled to get a kick.

patty O'furnicha said:
Yeah but why is he back? i wasn't aware he had left. or did he just play a blinder on the weekend and your refering to him ascerting himself as a big time ruckman :)

you can definatley cancel out that he had a blinder on the weekend. he played at chf and hardly got near it. played in the ruck for 10min and got jumped all over. He had an operation on his hip over summer is not at full fitness yet and cant see him really getting a go at charlton with thommo there.

Birchip Watchem 31.25 (211) v Wyche-Narraport 4.3 (27)
Donald 7.15 (57) v Boort 24.6 (150)
Wedderburn 18.19 (127) v St. Arnaud 14.13 (97)
Charlton 0.0 (0) v Bye 0.0 (0)

These results from Round 3 invite a number of questions:

*Who will get close to the Bulls this year?
*What was Boort doing against Charlton to lose by 5 goals in rd 1?
*How good is Charlton?
*How bad is St Arnaud?
*Will Wyche fold?

KingRich said:
Can someone tell me how Drew Bartram is going with the Boort Magpies.
He's an old school mate who used to go very well and has been up there for the last 3 years I think. How's him and the team looking this year?

barty is a very large part of the magpies, only played half the season last year with leg problems but is fitter and in good nic so far. boort looking at a finals spot.

ex star said:
barty is a very large part of the magpies, only played half the season last year with leg problems but is fitter and in good nic so far. boort looking at a finals spot.
can anyone tell me how that r rutley is going at boort

BlueBoy41 said:
Birchip Watchem 31.25 (211) v Wyche-Narraport 4.3 (27)
Donald 7.15 (57) v Boort 24.6 (150)
Wedderburn 18.19 (127) v St. Arnaud 14.13 (97)
Charlton 0.0 (0) v Bye 0.0 (0)

These results from Round 3 invite a number of questions:

*Who will get close to the Bulls this year?
*What was Boort doing against Charlton to lose by 5 goals in rd 1?
*How good is Charlton?
*How bad is St Arnaud?
*Will Wyche fold?

I think Boort versus the Bulls will be a classic game.

Boort was probably a little underdone coming into the first match against Charlton, with lots of new players and found it a bit hard to gel first up.

With there current side you would imagine that Charlton would fight it out for fourth place. But depends if they pick up some more players or not.

St Arnaud looking at the results you would say is struggling at the moment, will look towards their juniors to come through and carry the torch for them. Will win the odd game against the top side at times this year.

As for Wyche, you would imagine that would be in trouble, obviously struggling for numbers at the moment.

Still very early. You'll get a better indication after all the teams have played each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back