North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

What will matt rice's plans be for next year?? Will he be greatly missed if he leaves??

Also how does Joe Brooks go in the NCFL??

Joe Brooks is nothing but a ****! Overweight and way to cocky for a young bloke that has done nothing ! Would love to play on him everyweek! Actually would love to just play against st arnaud every week!

Dominate up north? HAHA! James Byrne IS a hack. Wouldnt have been in Ouyen's best 12 players this year.
Obviously you are out of touch with reality -ask any Ouyen player the impact J Byrne had the Ass. coach of the winning grand final side and you will know they are big boots to fill.

How are we supposed to know if your joking or not???
I don't come on this thread very often but each time you are running down someone or some club. What about saying something positive about someone or some club. You must lead a very sad life.

I don't come on this thread very often but each time you are running down someone or some club. What about saying something positive about someone or some club. You must lead a very sad life.
Be quiet dic khead!!
Your the one talking ******** about James Byrne on here. He wouldn't be good enough to get a game in a NCFL finals team.
Your saying he dominated at Ouyen this year, how many games did you watch him play??
I don't know why but too many people get on here talking players up only because they are mates!

Be quiet dic khead!!
Your the one talking ******** about James Byrne on here. He wouldn't be good enough to get a game in a NCFL finals team.
Your saying he dominated at Ouyen this year, how many games did you watch him play??
I don't know why but too many people get on here talking players up only because they are mates!

Too true! Ive read cam burne being pumped up big recruit. Got 2be kidding! is soft as butter! I think hefinished in the 2s at boort 2 years ago!

Donald are losing a few quality players that will be hard to replace.

The latest departure is Glen Wilkins.

Donald are losing a few quality players that will be hard to replace.

The latest departure is Glen Wilkins.

I thought Bend It said he was staying. Have heard that Clarke are Rhodes are off, who else is on the way out?

I thought Bend It said he was staying. Have heard that Clarke are Rhodes are off, who else is on the way out?

Initially he was going to play, but not now. A real shame as a champion player and bloke.

Clarke gone as well. Rhodes heading overseas but hopefully will still play a few games.

Still no word on Horsham boys. Anyone heard anything?

Be quiet dic khead!!

Whats the harm in that Smasher?? Generally the guys doing this are having a bit of fun because other mates read it. Better to say something positive than continually running someone down!

Too true! Ive read cam burne being pumped up big recruit. Got 2be kidding! is soft as butter! I think hefinished in the 2s at boort 2 years ago!

if you had a brain mate you would realise they are joking and taking the piss out of cam byrne... everyone knows he's no good. think he doesnt even play anymore

if you had a brain mate you would realise they are joking and taking the piss out of cam byrne... everyone knows he's no good. think he doesnt even play anymore
People from other leagues do jump on here from time to time, so I don't think they would know who everyone was talking about. SUPERBOWLMVP is just letting them now where he stands on a football field, or where he sits in his case! :p

Yes we have all heard enough of the Byrne brothers haven't we??!!!
Great blokes,

Anyway back on to NCFL Talk again.

Do you think this years Boort and Donald side could have beaten the top 2 teams in the CMFL, Balranald and Kerang??
Since I have been involved in the competition (since 03) the standard has risen dramatically in the NC, will it continue to push the CMFL as being a major league to be reckoned with in the future???

Yes we have all heard enough of the Byrne brothers haven't we??!!!
Great blokes,

Anyway back on to NCFL Talk again.

Do you think this years Boort and Donald side could have beaten the top 2 teams in the CMFL, Balranald and Kerang??
Since I have been involved in the competition (since 03) the standard has risen dramatically in the NC, will it continue to push the CMFL as being a major league to be reckoned with in the future???
The Donald side which contained Sal Hassan, Peter Shepherd, Paul Sheehan, Geoff Berry was one of the best sides to be seen back in 2002/3. If anything this league has gone down since then so not too sure what your going by? Also Wyche and Saints sides in 98,99,2000 would give most sides an absolute hiding from the last few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have hardly said anything negative. I have never ran a club down at all!!! I have said what I thought of a few players and you can agree or disagree with those thoughts. Isnt that what BF's all about, voicing your opinion and sharing information with others?

Will the recruitment of Brad Miller to Horsham united effect the horsham boys at Donald??? Will they be enticed back to the club to have a crack at knocking Horsham off?

I dont know Balranald and Kerang and the Bucs are bloody good sides they would have to be on a down day to knock of them of. I think you would have a good shot at other bottom 3 of the top 6. Thats just what i think..:)

The Donald side which contained Sal Hassan, Peter Shepherd, Paul Sheehan, Geoff Berry was one of the best sides to be seen back in 2002/3. If anything this league has gone down since then so not too sure what your going by? Also Wyche and Saints sides in 98,99,2000 would give most sides an absolute hiding from the last few years.

i agree smasher. the difference IMO being the bottom 5 or so players in Donald and Boorts sides this year were no where near as good as the bottom 5 players that wyche and st araund had back then.

i agree smasher. the difference IMO being the bottom 5 or so players in Donald and Boorts sides this year were no where near as good as the bottom 5 players that wyche and st araund had back then.
Yes. Ablett19 is just being a one-eyed Boort supporter, thinking that as Boort have improved it means the League has! Load of bs!

i think the league has improved... i mean, there were no sides unbeatable last year...and no sides you could garuantee a win against (except maybe donald/boort vs starnaud/wyche) The Birchip guys will remember the game where St Arnaud came out and dominated early up at birchip... and could/and should have probably won... (as i said, Donald or Boort vs St Arnaud or Wyche was a diff story)

Will the recruitment of Brad Miller to Horsham united effect the horsham boys at Donald??? Will they be enticed back to the club to have a crack at knocking Horsham off?

I don't think Jay Tucker would go back to United as his brother Leigh had a blue with club officials and moved his loyalties to St Micks. Doesn't mean a bloke who rates himself like Tucker wouldn't go back to another WFL club or even the HDFL of the money was right.

I've been in the comp since 02, and i agree with Ablett that the comp has improved.

Just because we may not have the names on the field doesnt mean the standard cant be better. A lot of players have high profiles but aren't as good as their reputations suggest.

I think the local talent and standard of young guys has improve. Their ability to match it with the bigger names has seen it harder to win games by greater margins.

Take The Burn beating Birchip this year as an example. Birchip was premiership favourites at the start of the year. Big money players like smith, scambler, Ryan and Lee. a formittable side on paper. But wedderburns local talent such as Josh smith, Shaun polkinghorne and the likes kept a lot of these big names quiet.

Our team this year was a hell of a lot better than our team back when lead by Pinner in 02/03. and we didn't finish any higher.

From all reports the league dropped after 2001 and is creeping its way back to its former self.

I've been in the comp since 02, and i agree with Ablett that the comp has improved.

Just because we may not have the names on the field doesnt mean the standard cant be better. A lot of players have high profiles but aren't as good as their reputations suggest.

I think the local talent and standard of young guys has improve. Their ability to match it with the bigger names has seen it harder to win games by greater margins.

Take The Burn beating Birchip this year as an example. Birchip was premiership favourites at the start of the year. Big money players like smith, scambler, Ryan and Lee. a formittable side on paper. But wedderburns local talent such as Josh smith, Shaun polkinghorne and the likes kept a lot of these big names quiet.

Our team this year was a hell of a lot better than our team back when lead by Pinner in 02/03. and we didn't finish any higher.

From all reports the league dropped after 2001 and is creeping its way back to its former self.
No I don't agree. The reason why most of the local talent has improved is due to the fact there is probably less money around over the last few years so clubs have had to persist with them.

Many of the teams from '98 to '02 were very strong with Wyche and StArnaud early on then Birchip and Donald later. All the teams were full of League medallists. Players like McLean, Needs, Martin, Tully, Wallace, Hassan, Sheehan, Ryan's, Baxter just to name a few.

While the league has become more even, as it was quite possible for a team sitting second to be beaten by team sitting second last (something the Burners achieved this year by beating Birchip). Whereas the quality and depth overall has dropped away considerably, just look at Inter-League, when did we last win a match?

When did the league last field its best side in interleague...as is the case with most other leagues...
Probably never happened but as its the case with most leagues it shouldn't matter. It just highlights the fact there isn't much depth in our league anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back