Premiers - St Arnaud
Runners Up - Donald

Best n Fairest & Goals- Jarrod Fitzpatrick

Under 13's
Premiers - Donald
Runners Up - st.arnaud

Best n Fairest ???
Goals- ???

refreshing to have some good umpires on the weekend, with summerhayes and goodridge proving they are the top two going around and should be walk up starts for the grand final!

five weeks to go until the finals and this season appers to be one of the more even seasons in North Central footy for years.

You hunting Brownlow votes big fella...

Any news on who's got what in regards to finals??

I'd imagine Wyche, St Arnaud, and Wedderburn will feature...

-I'd imagine Wedderburn will get the big one.
-St Arnaud the Major Semi or the Prelim
-Wyche the one St Arnaud don't get (or vice versa)
-Best Ground of the Top two teams get the other Semi.

Thats a 'guess-timate' though

Last time i was there, Charlton was VERY patchy, and Donald's while playable, wasn't the greatest.

HAHA good old tuthill up to his old tricks again. what he do this time the @#!$head

Took on the Demon enforcer/crowd favorite/flashest boot wearing kid in the side and gave a way a free kick inside fifty in the dieing minutes of the game, balll was put up to shadbolt one out in the square and put it through for that much needed goal putting the Demons back level with the Bulls i think.

Poo Coatsworth took a mark on the fifty, someone (either Lee or Sheanan the runner) said something a fifty was awarded and Poo slotted it through the middle to put the demons up by a goal before Rossi slammed home his match sealing point from fifty out...

George Allan Easy best afield, statstician would have a sore head adding his stats up!!

On a down note Sambo 'Rowdy' Thompson went down in about the middle of the last quater with an ankle will prob miss the next few weeks maybe even rest of year not sure the full extent of it..

Took on the Demon enforcer/crowd favorite/flashest boot wearing kid in the side and gave a way a free kick inside fifty in the dieing minutes of the game, balll was put up to shadbolt one out in the square and put it through for that much needed goal putting the Demons back level with the Bulls i think.

Poo Coatsworth took a mark on the fifty, someone (either Lee or Sheanan the runner) said something a fifty was awarded and Poo slotted it through the middle to put the demons up by a goal before Rossi slammed home his match sealing point from fifty out...

George Allan Easy best afield, statstician would have a sore head adding his stats up!!

On a down note Sambo 'Rowdy' Thompson went down in about the middle of the last quater with an ankle will prob miss the next few weeks maybe even rest of year not sure the full extent of it..

Trucky not one mention of the umpires.. i have been around for a while and im not sayin this as an excuse but the WORST EVER DISPLAY OF UMPIRING I HAVE SEEN, i no its a tough job and they are short for numbers but there is a line between bad and utterly discrasfull. For one why would fat webby even be allowed to umpire a senior game im sure summer and mchugh could of handled it. 7 wyche goals came from free kicks and i would say that most were not there to be paid. What also contributed to the Birchip loss was there disposal, absolutly terrible but most hand and foot, no bull could hit a traget from 30 yards. that last goal by coatsworth came from a free kick, didnt mark the ball by any means with Lee spoiling and Webb picking out a free kick some how, Lee then swore in frustration "F#@!" and he paid a 50. So the umpries did play a huge role in the outcome. Haha choking...lost 3 games for the year and they are choking? interesting it would be hard to keep that high standard of Football throughout the whole year, in a low patch now yes but still 4 weeks before finals.

sounds like a big stuff up then. from the wedderburn donald game the quaters were very very short. according to some of the burn players it was completely short compared to last week with the 1 and 2 quarter going for 39 and 41 minutes.
although it probably helped them in not getting smashed more.

sounds like a big stuff up then. from the wedderburn donald game the quaters were very very short. according to some of the burn players it was completely short compared to last week with the 1 and 2 quarter going for 39 and 41 minutes.
although it probably helped them in not getting smashed more.

I wasn't there but i'd say it's pretty simple.. 16 goals kicked in total in the Donald game as opposed to 32 in total for the red-hot saveloys Vs Charlton game..

If you only have half as many goals, the quarters are going to be shorter.. The exception obviously if there's a stretcher called or something..

Trucky not one mention of the umpires.. i have been around for a while and im not sayin this as an excuse but the WORST EVER DISPLAY OF UMPIRING I HAVE SEEN, i no its a tough job and they are short for numbers but there is a line between bad and utterly discrasfull. For one why would fat webby even be allowed to umpire a senior game im sure summer and mchugh could of handled it. 7 wyche goals came from free kicks and i would say that most were not there to be paid. What also contributed to the Birchip loss was there disposal, absolutly terrible but most hand and foot, no bull could hit a traget from 30 yards. that last goal by coatsworth came from a free kick, didnt mark the ball by any means with Lee spoiling and Webb picking out a free kick some how, Lee then swore in frustration "F#@!" and he paid a 50. So the umpries did play a huge role in the outcome. Haha choking...lost 3 games for the year and they are choking? interesting it would be hard to keep that high standard of Football throughout the whole year, in a low patch now yes but still 4 weeks before finals.

Plenty went your way too.

Any In's Outs this weekend???

Sam Thompson to be out for the Demons Trev Rumbold or Zac Anderson in I'd say

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd imagine Wyche, St Arnaud, and Wedderburn will feature...

-I'd imagine Wedderburn will get the big one.
-St Arnaud the Major Semi or the Prelim
-Wyche the one St Arnaud don't get (or vice versa)
-Best Ground of the Top two teams get the other Semi.

Thats a 'guess-timate' though

Last time i was there, Charlton was VERY patchy, and Donald's while playable, wasn't the greatest.

- Id hope to think weddurburn dont get the big one (they had it in 2006). St.Arnaud had it in 2008 and Wyche 1979. If this league is serious about a rotating finals system then Wyche should get the grand final.

I wasn't there but i'd say it's pretty simple.. 16 goals kicked in total in the Donald game as opposed to 32 in total for the red-hot saveloys Vs Charlton game..

If you only have half as many goals, the quarters are going to be shorter.. The exception obviously if there's a stretcher called or something..

Nah he's right. It was the length of the quarters that reduced the number of goals. last week the first two quarters were 39 and 41 then they told the timekeepers to not let it go over 30. In the end the umpires were not even blowing time off and the final siren went with the ball being returned to the centre bounce.

This week the quarters were all like 20 minutes.
ridiculous. Dont be fooled, It would have been another Charlton esque annihilation otherwise.

Surely Wyche will be given the granny, buy sum portable stands like boort, maybe dont let the cars park right on the fence (increase standing room) and heaps of sav tents and it would be as good as anywhere.
Also if Wyche beat Charlton they would have to go down as one of the unluckiest teams in recent history. beating all the top 4 and still not making the finals.
Also Walklate will romp in the Feeny. hasn't been out of the best yet. Which is probly bull$hit but shows he's been frikin consistent.

Some big results over the weekend. Birchip look to have sewn up top spot with a good win. Donald back to the best and back into the top 2. Wyche smash it again but are still kicking themselves after their bad start to the season.

Aaron Walklate off with what looked like a broken collarbone, possibly a season ender if it is in fact broken. Big dent to Boort's top 2 chances as he has been their best player all year. Will also throw the feeny medal door open for the last few rounds. Scambler best on might be a chance to win his second.

Tyler wraps up the goal kicking with another 7. Perryman would have to do something superhuman in his last 2 games to pull get up.

Its going to be a very interesting last few rounds!

whats the worst display of sportsmanship.

Wedderburn in the under 16's, the numbers on the ground made it a bit hard for it to bea competitive game of footy. Not going to say any more as im sure word will get round. Call me a sore loser but in kids footy that is discracefull.

Nah he's right. It was the length of the quarters that reduced the number of goals. last week the first two quarters were 39 and 41 then they told the timekeepers to not let it go over 30. In the end the umpires were not even blowing time off and the final siren went with the ball being returned to the centre bounce.

This week the quarters were all like 20 minutes.
ridiculous. Dont be fooled, It would have been another Charlton esque annihilation otherwise.

Surely Wyche will be given the granny, buy sum portable stands like boort, maybe dont let the cars park right on the fence (increase standing room) and heaps of sav tents and it would be as good as anywhere.
Also if Wyche beat Charlton they would have to go down as one of the unluckiest teams in recent history. beating all the top 4 and still not making the finals.
Also Walklate will romp in the Feeny. hasn't been out of the best yet. Which is probly bull$hit but shows he's been frikin consistent.

Please hammer dont make me laugh, wyche have had 39 years to pull there fingers out and fix up there facility's, 39 years. . . Do they not realise they wont recieve one untill they do something about it. So either keep whinging about it or fix it up and give themselves some kind of chance of holding the big one. Wedderburn have done it so there is no reason why whyche cant. wedderburn 6 years ago was in an appaling state but due to some elbow grease and a good committee they were able to fix there ground netball courts viewing area and most importantly rooms, therefore deservedly getting the granny.

Pretty sure if wyche encouraged all there kids in town to play not just the talented ones they would not be in this situation, has anyone noticed all of there kids are good players, this is no coincidence, the whisper is that they only encourage the familys that are 'in' and the good players.

Boorts chances at back to back will be shot if Walklate does not play in finals.
Perry for rising star
Scambo for feeney
tyler for goalkicking
donald for flag

They're running out of kids, and unless they find a solution, in the near future, the club will go down and take the league with it.

The common perception is that the loss of a Junior club will result in the loss of the club as a whole.

Next year, they expect around 15 junior Footballers (correct me if i'm wrong Truck) and theres no garuantee that St Arnaud will have an excess 4-8 players each week for them, into the future... They need to find a solution, and find one bloody soon.

Sadly, Nully is the only viable solution i can see, and even that, I don't know is too likely.

Some people have asked for it to be taken back to U14's and 16.5's. This however, is just delaying the inevitable, and in 12 months time, we will be in much the same situation.

This is getting dire, and something needs to be done.

Fortunately, the situation is in as good a hands as possible, in Cash and Robbie.

Wedderburn in the under 16's, the numbers on the ground made it a bit hard for it to bea competitive game of footy. Not going to say any more as im sure word will get round. Call me a sore loser but in kids footy that is discracefull.

counting is not one of there strong points over that way.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back